• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jroc86

Bouwmeester opinions? Potential trades? *merged*

Rate this topic

I actually like Ericsson, but had a chuckle at the article calling him a "great shut-down defender". He doesn't play in all situations either -- sure, he's the Red Wings best penalty killer but he doesn't get PP time, nor would you really consider sending him out there with a one-goal lead and a minute left. Though, looking at the Red Wings defense heading into the season that last one may actually happen now.

That would obviously be massive overpayment too for Bouwmeester.

Edited by GoWings1905

Guest Crymson

We are hurt for DMen so we trade our only defensive DMan for him plus flip and a 1st? I'd do a first and Tatar for him, plus maybe miller or cleary.

Our 1st in a very deep draft is not worth Bouwmeester.

I think the Big Rig showed a lot of improvement last year. Shopping him would be silly. Ian White on the other hand scares me. I still don ot know why we do not try to ship Emmerton, Kindl and even Mursak for Volchenkov

I think the Big Rig showed a lot of improvement last year. Shopping him would be silly. Ian White on the other hand scares me. I still don ot know why we do not try to ship Emmerton, Kindl and even Mursak for Volchenkov

Ericsson needs to start blocking shots on the PK, with the amount of time on the PK, and his big body he shouldn't be 6th behind the rest of his defense.

If Ericsson played well and Ian White scared you, I'm very curious on how you viewed the team last season. Because from all accounts that I recall, and just statistically Ian White had a marvelous year for us last season, For his salary I don't know how much you really expect out of him, 32 points is 36th in the league, and he's not even close to being in the top 50 for salary in defenseman. I know points aren't everything, but that's what he was mostly brought in to do, but he battled night in night out, kept his turnover's to a minimum(just 32 all season, for a offensive defenseman that plays 22 minutes a night that's very good Karlsson for example had 84, Yandle 75 etc.) I really like what Ian White brought to our team, if you think his success was if Lidstrom you are probably right to an extent, but even if he regresses he has a lot of room there to still be a very good signing and player for us.

And Emmerton, Kindl, Mursak for Volchenkov would be great from our angle, I'm just pretty sure New Jersey would want more impact players, maybe adding Cleary would help? Sure they wouldn't mind a veteran grinder top 6 tweener type to go along with Clarkson.

I think Bouwmeester would be a great addition to the top four given the price is right. This year his cap hit wouldn't matter and there is only next year then we renegotiate his payment for his third year. Dudes only 28 right now (29 in a couple mnths) and could be a solid guy for us for the next seven years or so. Again Calgary is really pushed against the cap this year and a trade with JBo going the other way frees up a lot of cash for them, it would give them almost ten to work with opposed it almost four.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I'd give up Nyquist for Yandle but not JBO. For JBO it's Mursak, Emmerton and Kindl. Feaster would likely not do that so then it's time to move on.

Guest Crymson

Really?

So it's guaranteed that this late 1st rounder will be a top 6 forward, or a top 2 Dman?

Not directing this entirely at you Crymson - however I get a :lol: at those here who I feel over value Filppula, and under value Bouwmeester.

Bouwmeester is absolutely nothing special, dude. He can eat minutes and he rarely sustains an injury. That's all that makes him special. He's average defensively and below-average offensively, and the Flames are going to ask a boatload for him. No thanks.

Guest Crymson

A late 1st round draft pick is your opinion of a "boatload"?

If you believe others here, it won't be a late pick.

I just have a feeling that the asking price will always go up when it's Holland calling any other gm in the West. What team haven't the Wings faced in the playoffs the past 2 decades that rightly or not would consider the Wings a rival in some respect? Look at what happened with the Quincey trade. According to most reports I saw, Colorado wouldn't even talk to Kenny which is why he had to get a third party involved. Who here would even call the Avalance a major rival any more?

After 21 straight years in the playoffs, I just think that the vast majority of teams in the West want a take a chunk out of the Wings even when it comes to trading with them. So Kindl, a 4th liner, & a pick for JBo? I don't think that will get it done at all & if it's going to take a Flip+Nyquist+pick or Flip+Smith+pick package to get him or a Yandle, I for one would lean towards not doing it.

Guest Crymson

I just have a feeling that the asking price will always go up when it's Holland calling any other gm in the West. What team haven't the Wings faced in the playoffs the past 2 decades that rightly or not would consider the Wings a rival in some respect? Look at what happened with the Quincey trade. According to most reports I saw, Colorado wouldn't even talk to Kenny which is why he had to get a third party involved. Who here would even call the Avalance a major rival any more?

After 21 straight years in the playoffs, I just think that the vast majority of teams in the West want a take a chunk out of the Wings even when it comes to trading with them. So Kindl, a 4th liner, & a pick for JBo? I don't think that will get it done at all & if it's going to take a Flip+Nyquist+pick or Flip+Smith+pick package to get him or a Yandle, I for one would lean towards not doing it.

The Flames will be asking a lot for J-Bo from anyone. I find it very unlikely that he'll be moved, as they've currently got all of the leverage and no real reason to trade him unless a great package is presented to them.

Why would the Flames trade this guy? With Weber, Karlsson and Suter locked up for quite some time, Bouwmeesters value is as high as it has ever been and it is not like he's a liability. The guy can give you top minutes and paired with another top 2 defender I think he could beo ustanding once again. You don't move such players safe for ridiculous overpayment.

WE're talking Nyquist+Filpula+ 1/2 2013 here.

The Flames will be asking a lot for J-Bo from anyone. I find it very unlikely that he'll be moved, as they've currently got all of the leverage and no real reason to trade him unless a great package is presented to them.

Agreed. It's not some personal vendetta against Holland. If the Flames are going to trade away their top d-man they're going to want big value back.

The only real thing that knocks down his trade value a bit is his ridiculous contract. And with what free agents are getting, it suddenly looks less ridiculous than it was.

Guest Crymson

The only real thing that knocks down his trade value a bit is his ridiculous contract. And with what free agents are getting, it suddenly looks less ridiculous than it was.

The new CBA can't come soon enough.

Agreed. It's not some personal vendetta against Holland. If the Flames are going to trade away their top d-man they're going to want big value back.

And the fact that there's only 2 years left on the contract makes it less ridiculous as well. The Flames are now around $3.5m under the current cap & have 8 defensemen under contract. They aren't in a situation where they HAVE to trade Bouwmeester, let alone any defenseman. The reasoning I've seen that they might is that they want their top prospect TJ Brodie up all season & in the lineup as a full timer. If that's the case, they would probably need to dump a d-man but that doesn't mean it will be JBo.

i dont see us going for JBO realsticly i can see us trying for Yandle but at what price? its to bad wings cant go for del zotto although that isnt even funny considering the fact that the rangers would match anything we throw at him but if we cant go for yandle or anyone else that could be on the 1st line id say try for CC or even Kubina nothing wrong with giving it a shot

Guest Hatethedrake!

Roszival and Kubina must be asking for too much term and money right now. I expect Kenny to sign 1 of them to a 1 year deal soon.

This is fun...ugh. According to ESPN:

"Is Jay Bouwmeester Michigan-bound?

According to the Calgary Herald, word has it the Detroit Red Wings have made a pitch for the Calgary Flames defenseman. Losing both Nicklas Lidstrom and Brad Stuart this offseason, the Red Wings have a gaping hole on the blue line and few decent free-agent options. GM Ken Holland has an excess of solid forwards to offer the Flames in exchange.

The Anaheim Ducks, Nashville Predators, and St. Louis Blues are also looking to add an experienced NHL D-man. And GM Paul Holmgren of the Philadelphia Flyers could still be open to making such a move after losing out on Shea Weber."

This is the one and only time that I unequivocally want Holland to lowball himself out of the market. Just what we need, an offensive defenseman who doesn't score much, whose cap hit is outrageous, and who's signed for two more years. Half of our remaining 13 million dollars spent on Jay f****** Bouwmeester. Puke.

Edited by kipwinger

The Herald is referencing a rumor started by a random, disreputable hockey blog.

Cool, I didn't really feel like digging into it, so I'm glad you did. It didn't really seem like Holland's MO but I'm glad for verification. Thanks for the heads up.