• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jroc86

Bouwmeester opinions? Potential trades? *merged*

Rate this topic

http://www.mlive.com..._calgary_f.html

Interesting tid-bit here.

Seems the Wings are actively working this. Kenny is doing some work apparently. If this trade for JBo happens I hope we don't lose too much...

Awful news.... his contract is terrible, in my mind he isn't as reliable as Stuart was defensively, and his offensive production has dropped off substantially. If Calgary is smart, they'd take just about any deal to move him. If the Wings are smart, they would low-ball the crap out of them. If the Wings end up getting fleeced for Ian White 2.0 with a bigger contract, I'm gonna lose it...

NHL '13 wouldn't even accept that... Worse forward + 7th defensemen + late 1st for Much better forward + 3rd defensemen

But NHL '09 might :P

But yea, it would take more for sure and probably more than most people on here would be willing to give up. I doubt there's a deal Calgary would accept for jbo and Iginla that I'd be happy with anyway..

Edit: actually '09 probly wouldn't either.. Considering Iginla would be 4 years younger. Was just joking because trading used to be so easy in the NHL games haha

Edited by amato

I would rather Ken Holland plan for the future instead of dump $7 million a season on Bouwmeester. He is a solid defenseman, but he isn't a playmaker. He is someone that doesn't get you goals and assists. Why give up one of our forwards and a prospect for someone like him? IMHO, it doesn't make any sense to give up Franzen who scores around 30 goals per season and Nyquist who could have a breakout season for a guy who is going to finish +10 if he is luck and notch 4 goals and 20 assists. I would rather just give Brendan Smith the ice time. As I have said before, Bouwmeester is a guy who you wish you could get more from. He isn't a stud defenseman, but a solid defenseman. Why overpay for someone like this? The Flames did and now they are trying to dump his contract on someone else.

Plus, you have to realize we have a crop of UFAs and RFAs on our team next season. The salary cap we have left is going to have to go to some of those guys.

I think the best case situation is to wait until the new CBA is hammered out.

Edited by Nightfall

Mark my words... we will not be trading any top 6 forwards for Bouwmeester. If a trade happens, it'll be for bottom 6 players and picks.

We cannot afford to lose Franzen... at least not this season. I see something more along these lines for Bouwmeester: Eaves and a 2nd round pick / Emmerton, Mursak, 4th rounder. It looks like Calgary may only have 11 one way contracts signed thus far, so they could use a couple forwards.

Bouwmeester has alot of skill that could very well flourish in Detroit.

He's overpaid - however there's only 2 years left on his contract.

Who knows what it would cost to get him - however if it's an even swap for a declining Franzen - then I'm all for it!

I would love to move Franzen, but only if the return is worth-while. Bouwmeester is not worth-while. He defense leaves a lot to be desired, and his offense has dropped off to insignificant totals.

Compare him to a bigger Ian White, with a much bigger price tag, in this case in both cap and assets.

Bouwmeester: 717GP 65G 220A 285P -54 .397PPG

White: 478GP 43G 132A 175P +41 .366PPG

NO THANKS.

Edited by b.shanafan14

I think Cleary, emmerton, 2nd might get it done. Although Calgary might like mursak emmerton 4th better. I doubt we give up franzen or nyq for him (or at all). Also, its not smith who's ice time would depend on aquiring another d man, its kindl. I think smith ends up playing up all year and just as much either way.

Kronner-white

Jbo-smith

Quincey-Ericsson

Something similar to that and I'd be happy. I think jbo would have a great year playing for a great team.

Guest RedWingsDad

Look at the team Bouwmeester plays on, and who his D partners have been over the years while a Flame.

By no means he's a Norris Trophy candidate, but he does possess the overall skill needed to play in our system (prime example - look how ineffective Commodore was for us last season).

Right now we have massive holes on defense; what's left via UFA are more or less players who are getting up there in years, or guys who are often on IR...Outta the UFA's - only Colaiacovo, and Rozsival interest me, and chances are 1 of those 2 will get signed by Philly.

... Commodore never got a fair shake last year from what I seen. I don't think it's fair to say he did or did not fit in when he didn't get a great opportunity to do so.

Look at the team Bouwmeester plays on, and who his D partners have been over the years while a Flame.

Ian White has spent the majority of his career with Toronto, then Calgary, then Carolina, before finally playing 23 games with SJ and 77 with Detroit. Bouwmeester to me is another player we look at and say, "but playing here with better partners could provide a spark!". Who is he supposed to play with to improve his numbers?

I think his numbers with remain exactly the same, and he'll be crucified every game for getting burned defensively. The defense is in transition and he isn't the cure, just an expensive scapegoat. We'd be doing Calgary a huge favor, not matter who we give up, and with the cap likely going down, we could be in a lot of trouble for the next two years instead of staying afloat with cap-space.

I'd totally be down for this trade as long as Franzen, Fil, Nyquist and our top prospects stay put. If its like 2 bottom sixers and a pick i will be happy.

I will say that all the CGY fans on hfboards think they will get Fil+ lol.

Edited by dirtydangles

three things i think are important to remember:

philly is most likely very desperate for a defenseman and could be driving the price up making any deal harder to swallow.

the flames don't have to trade bouwmeester. sure they might have some problems if the cap goes down, but they could keep bouwmeester all season and be just fine. it seems like a lot of our fans think that calgary needs to do a salary dump and we are doing them a favor and can just give them scraps back.

the flames have always been weak at center. that would mean filppula would have to be the prime piece they are looking to get back. i believe they even plan on trying cammalleri at center since they dont have any top 6 centers to speak of. i think we should keep that in mind as we throw around proposals as i think they would have little use for guys like franzen, cleary, mursak, etc.

three things i think are important to remember:

philly is most likely very desperate for a defenseman and could be driving the price up making any deal harder to swallow.

the flames don't have to trade bouwmeester. sure they might have some problems if the cap goes down, but they could keep bouwmeester all season and be just fine. it seems like a lot of our fans think that calgary needs to do a salary dump and we are doing them a favor and can just give them scraps back.

the flames have always been weak at center. that would mean filppula would have to be the prime piece they are looking to get back. i believe they even plan on trying cammalleri at center since they dont have any top 6 centers to speak of. i think we should keep that in mind as we throw around proposals as i think they would have little use for guys like franzen, cleary, mursak, etc.

The other thing of note is that we don't exactly NEED JBow. There are other defensemen that fit better. AKA right handed defensemen that their team doesn't necessarily need to trade either. We aren't going to do Calgary a favour and drop flip as overpayment just because they need a center. If we don't make good trading partners and neither team wants to budge then lets move on and let Philly overpay. Jbow isn't a sure thing so no use giving fil up.

pretty sure Philly doesn't have any tradeable centers available for JBo either. They wouldn't move Couts Schenn or Giroux for Weber so they won't for JBo and you can bet Briere stays with his NTC and his family situation. They will offer Voracek and a pick likely.

I am non-plussed about us acquiring JBo. I think we need a defensive minded d-man more than an offensive. If it means bolstering Calgary's offense, I'm even less enthused... and if Philly is driving up the pricetag forget it.

If a reasonable trade is available Id be all for getting Boumeester - but even if we do get him, our defence is still defensivley weak and pretty easy to play against. I feel a Volchenkov/Regehr type guy is more important to us now - especially if we can anchor them with Smith to give him more freedom to get into the play.

Guest Crymson

I would love to move Franzen, but only if the return is worth-while. Bouwmeester is not worth-while. He defense leaves a lot to be desired, and his offense has dropped off to insignificant totals.

Compare him to a bigger Ian White, with a much bigger price tag, in this case in both cap and assets.

Bouwmeester: 717GP 65G 220A 285P -54 .397PPG

White: 478GP 43G 132A 175P +41 .366PPG

NO THANKS.

Well said.

Bouwmeester has alot of skill that could very well flourish in Detroit.

He's overpaid - however there's only 2 years left on his contract.

Who knows what it would cost to get him - however if it's an even swap for a declining Franzen - then I'm all for it!

I fail to see how swapping Bouwmeester for Franzen would be a win for Detroit. The amount of goals and assists we lose from Franzen won't be made up for in better defense from Bouwmeester. Calgary said it won't be a heads up trade. We would have to trade a prospect as well, which in my mind, puts a kibosh on the whole idea.

I fail to see how swapping Bouwmeester for Franzen would be a win for Detroit. The amount of goals and assists we lose from Franzen won't be made up for in better defense from Bouwmeester. Calgary said it won't be a heads up trade. We would have to trade a prospect as well, which in my mind, puts a kibosh on the whole idea.

Ya i'd rather sign a vet 7th this year and if we don't do as well in the standings we can draft some more quality prospects in the early rounds. Next year we can explore free agency and use our even deeper prospect pool as trade bait. People forget that Kindl has at least bottom pair potential at least. We need the current prospects we have developed as we are getting on the old side in our core.