• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jroc86

Bouwmeester opinions? Potential trades? *merged*

Rate this topic

Guest Crymson

TSN is referencing the Mlive article, which itself references an unknown source. I wouldn't take it seriously.

TSN is referencing the Mlive article, which itself references an unknown source. I wouldn't take it seriously.

This. And the fact that TSN amplifies the volume on anything to do with the Canadian NHL teams, Calgary included (or Crosby). And there was nothing else to put "front page" for the hour it was there before Bettman's threat to lockout. :P

Guest Crymson

This. And the fact that TSN amplifies the volume on anything to do with the Canadian NHL teams, Calgary included (or Crosby). And there was nothing else to put "front page" for the hour it was there before Bettman's threat to lockout. :P

This isn't the first time this summer that TSN has done something like this. A few weeks ago, they posted a Semin article based on a few lines from a Russian newspaper.

Honestly if we trade much for this grossly overpaid sub-30pt player I'll lose myf****** mind. I didn't whine once about the FA stuff this summer (mostly because I didn't share the hilariously unrealistic expectations people had about Holland overpaying for players and spending up to a cap for which all signs point to it dropping, hence the non-garbage teams refusing to spend up to it unless they have to).

Calgary's been looking to offload this terrible contract. Holland shouldn't overpay no matter what. This team isn't a top pairing d-man away from being a serious contender and all of our superstars are getting old fast.

Guest The Axe

Calgary is NOT going to take our scraps and give us Boawmeestern. Theres no way.

Calgary is NOT going to take our scraps and give us Boawmeestern. Theres no way.

That's great, no one is suggesting emmerton for bouwmeester but if they seriously want Nyquist, Filppula or Smith for a guy who hasn't cracked 30pts in the last 3 years they can go find a sucker somewhere else.

Even if Bouwmeester is worth that to someone else he's not worth that to this team. The Wings simply can't afford to trade young talent away with Dats and Z both entering the twilight of ther careers.

I think that If JBo joined the Red Wings he would GUARANTEED get 40+ Points. Especially on the powerplay with Dat and Zett, and I think the main reason CGY is gettin rid of him is because his Cap hit and there small Cap Space. Alot of wing fans complain that they dont want his contract even thought its only for a few more eyars and we need a top D. I think this would be the trade for him.

Jay Bouwmeester, and Calgarys 5th rounder in 2013

for

Jakub Kindl, 2nd round pick for 2013, and Gustav Nyquist

Opinions?, and Id like to hear your trades

No way I trade nyquist unless a team offers something we can't refuse.. And I don't see that happening. Nyq is going to be stellar.

Not sure what I'd trade but if it's what kennys really looking into, I'm sure he'll make sure it's a decent deal.

Calgary has said they want Flip or Franzen + Nyquist. That price is too much.

I don't care of Bouwmeester is going to score 40 points. If we give up 60 points of offense, we are a worse off team. Based on Bouwmeester's past defensive effort (he is an offensive defenseman that is less skilled than Rafalski), he won't be preventing goals from going in on our end.

Tatar, Kindl, Emmerton and a 2014 2nd. That's as high as I'd go, Bouw would be a nice fit here, but not if we have to give up a ton to acquire him.

This!

Edited by Nightfall

Tatar, Kindl, Emmerton and a 2014 2nd. That's as high as I'd go, Bouw would be a nice fit here, but not if we have to give up a ton to acquire him.

If that package could get it done we wouldn't be still talking about getting JBo, he would already be a wing:) also from st.johns:)

For the love of God ... no, please Holland, NO! I rather go into the season with our present roster than to add JBo and subtract any of the names mentioned like Tatar, Kindl, and Emmerton. In fact, I rather tank the season and get a high draft pick than to get JBo.

Are we THAT desperate now?

OK, read through some more threads and I changed my mind a bit. Cal gives us JBo and next year's 1st round pick + $3mill/yr for the remaining years that he is under contract. We send a 3rd line D from Griffin to Cal. Get it done Kenny.

Edited by RedWingsRox

IMy vote would be to trade Fil & then pick up Arnott.

No...just no

You can't be serious? Arnott has 1 maybe 2 years left in the tank.

Agreed! Im not even sure he has that! Ever since that idiotic goal celebration against Detroit in the playoffs where he got concussed, he is not even close to being the player he was. Maybe we can resign Hasek too??

Guest Crymson

Franzen for Bouwmeester + 2013 2nd.

Would Calgary take that?

Would Kenny do that? Likely not.

No and no. Bouwmeester's trade value is vastly bloated at the moment, and he's also not worth giving up 30 goals for.

That's more or less the package that i'd give up if i were Holland. Tatar is a really good prospect, Emmerton can be a good depth/role guy and Kindl could work out well for the Flames with more responsibility and ice time. With a $6.6 mil price tag, that automatically drops JBo's trade value cause the other team is eating his salary and his past 3 seasons all under 30 points leaves much to be desired as Drake said. There's no way Kenny offers more than that, but at the same time, we need another Dman to jump in the 7th position if Kindl goes. I wish Janik was still here to be that guy. Also, with Bouwmeester on the trading block, teams know that the Flames need/want to get him out to shed salary and beef up their terrible roster with at least a couple good players.

That's more or less the package that i'd give up if i were Holland. Tatar is a really good prospect, Emmerton can be a good depth/role guy and Kindl could work out well for the Flames with more responsibility and ice time. With a $6.6 mil price tag, that automatically drops JBo's trade value cause the other team is eating his salary and his past 3 seasons all under 30 points leaves much to be desired as Drake said. There's no way Kenny offers more than that, but at the same time, we need another Dman to jump in the 7th position if Kindl goes. I wish Janik was still here to be that guy. Also, with Bouwmeester on the trading block, teams know that the Flames need/want to get him out to shed salary and beef up their terrible roster with at least a couple good players.

Bouwmeester is on the trading block because he is expendable now that they have Wideman. They'd certainly love to dump his salary, but like it has been said before, Calgary does not NEED to trade JBow. They could just as easily dump Babchuk if they're looking for a bit of cap or salary relief.

Without Bouwmeester, Calgary still has seven defensemen. Kindl isn't going to see an increased role with the Flames. He'll be a third pairing guy or healthy scratch.

...and if he can work out for Calgary, why can't he work out here. I'm of the camp that think he's made improvement and will continue to do so if he sees the same amount of responsibility here in Detroit.

...and we DON'T have Janik. ...or Meech. ...or any other defenseman on the Griffins that's seen much NHL time. So, why at this point would we dig ourselves, albiet possibly smaller, another hole to fill on defense?

We need a stay home defenseman more than we need another puck moving guy. Sign a FA that we won't have to give up a single roster or prospect for. If we want JBo so badly, we should go after him with forwards and a pick. I don't necessarily think that they are, but IF the Flames are so desperate to dump him, it should not take Fil or Franzen.

Guest Crymson

Emmerton can be a good depth/role guy and Kindl could work out well for the Flames with more responsibility and ice time.

Positive things like these are only said about the likes of Emmerton and Kindl when those players are being included in a trade proposal. When people talk about how those players do as members of the Red Wings, they generally speak about how much Emmerton sucks and Kindl is unremarkable. And really, Emmerton does suck--he is almost completely useless in every way--and Kindl really is unremarkable. Other teams know this.

Positive things like these are only said about the likes of Emmerton and Kindl when those players are being included in a trade proposal. When people talk about how those players do as members of the Red Wings, they generally speak about how much Emmerton sucks and Kindl is unremarkable. And really, Emmerton does suck--he is almost completely useless in every way--and Kindl really is unremarkable. Other teams know this.

^THIS x 1,000,000,000,000,000