• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jroc86

Bouwmeester opinions? Potential trades? *merged*

Rate this topic

Positive things like these are only said about the likes of Emmerton and Kindl when those players are being included in a trade proposal. When people talk about how those players do as members of the Red Wings, they generally speak about how much Emmerton sucks and Kindl is unremarkable. And really, Emmerton does suck--he is almost completely useless in every way--and Kindl really is unremarkable. Other teams know this.

i do totally agree with your opinion about the double speak fans do. but you have to remember that the flames fans do the same about bouwmeester. he is highly unpopular there.

for the record though, i think kindl still has growth and can be a solid nhl guy. i personally think he looked good for a good portion of last year. i do think we have seen all cory emmerton has to offer. but i think having holmstrom on his line really hurt. i think he could appear better with a better combination of wingers.

Guest The Axe

Bouawmeesteri should come cheap. Franzen, Nyquist, and a pic. Thats a good deal for the Wings.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Just say no to JBO. You guys know Kenny is bringing back Lilja or Lebda right? Or both! LOL

Guest The Axe

That's a good deal for the Wings. If they're getting Yandle.

Yandles price tag is Fil and Smith.

Talk about overpayment. I dont get why people are so high on Yandle, I suppose his offensive numbers are a big part of it, but I think Smith has the potential to be a much more complete player. Pass.

Yandle has no muscle in the defensive zone.....Smith plays like he wants someone to suffer, glad to have Smith

Guest Hatethedrake!

Player wise, JBO is a better option than any of the remaining UFAs left such as Colaiacovo, Roszival, Kubina, Spacek, etc. Salary wise, his 6.68 per year for 2 more years decreases his trade value. I don't buy what is being said in the media about his supposed demand. If I am taking on his salary, I am only giving up guys like Mursak, Emmerton, Kindl. Not Nyquist, Filppula or Smith. I'd sooner keep the Cap space for next summer so we can take a run at players such as Perry, Getzlaf and Edler. If they are available at that time that is. Kenny is in no rush right now as there may be an impending lockout before Training Camp. Which essentially likely means no hockey until January.

Player wise, JBO is a better option than any of the remaining UFAs left such as Colaiacovo, Roszival, Kubina, Spacek, etc. Salary wise, his 6.68 per year for 2 more years decreases his trade value. I don't buy what is being said in the media about his supposed demand. If I am taking on his salary, I am only giving up guys like Mursak, Emmerton, Kindl. Not Nyquist, Filppula or Smith. I'd sooner keep the Cap space for next summer so we can take a run at players such as Perry, Getzlaf and Edler. If they are available at that time that is. Kenny is in no rush right now as there may be an impending lockout before Training Camp. Which essentially likely means no hockey until January.

Completely agree but comments like this get funnier and funnier as Holland's offseasons go by. ( the bolded part I mean :D)

esteef

Edited by esteef

Guest The Axe

Yah, why are those guys going to want to go to Detroit and get paid less because Holland is stupid?

Please don't trade away Flip for JBo ... Flip is just coming onto his own and he's going to be real good for us offensively this coming year. In fact, I don't even like trading Franzen away for JBo ... we need Franzen in beast mode if we get into playoffs. Yes, he drives me nutz during regular season.

In fact, I'd stay with what we have, suck if need be, get a good draft pick next year than trade any of the young pieces for Bouwmeister

Yah, why are those guys going to want to go to Detroit and get paid less because Holland is stupid?

After the trade proposal you just threw out there I think you should be forever banned from calling someone stupid.

Bouwmeester for Emmerton and the chance to sniff Holland's taint would be an overpayment.

Are we that desperate for defence that we'd completely destroy our offence for a slightly better skating Quincey who would instantly be the highest paid player on the team?

I don't believe any of the rumors that the wings are interested in him. He's lazy, left handed, and overpriced.....Everything about him screams NOOO. I'd be be truly amazed if the wings were at all interested. We never go for guys like that OR contracts like that. The only thing JBO is good at is staying healthy.....which is easy to do when you skate at 50% every night....

Guest Johnz96

I don't believe any of the rumors that the wings are interested in him. He's lazy, left handed, and overpriced.....Everything about him screams NOOO. I'd be be truly amazed if the wings were at all interested. We never go for guys like that OR contracts like that. The only thing JBO is good at is staying healthy.....which is easy to do when you skate at 50% every night....

He also avoids contact like the plague

Now with Lilja out for some time - the chances of JBo winding up a Red Wing seems unlikely...No way will Holland try to outbid Holmgren.

yeah, i think thats the most important part.

the wings could use him, but dont need him near as bad as the flyers do.

and since the flames dont have to move him, they can hold out for the best deal.

After the trade proposal you just threw out there I think you should be forever banned from calling someone stupid.

Bouwmeester for Emmerton and the chance to sniff Holland's taint would be an overpayment.

Are we that desperate for defence that we'd completely destroy our offence for a slightly better skating Quincey who would instantly be the highest paid player on the team?

I laughed hard at this. Also, If we could get JBo for a sniff of Holland's taint I'd take it....as long as Huds is the one sniffing.

Philly, Nashville and the Blues are now all said to be bidding for JBo - agree he is going to be too pricey.

At this point the Wings should trade a bottom 6 forward and draft pick to San Jose for Doug Murray and hope an opportunity presents itself at the trade deadline... or maybe Volchenkov from NJ (though like JBo he has a no-trade clause) . SJ and NJ have too many defensemen right now.

Edited by egroen