• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jroc86

Bouwmeester opinions? Potential trades? *merged*

Rate this topic

Philly, Nashville and the Blues are now all said to be bidding for JBo - agree he is going to be too pricey.

At this point the Wings should trade a bottom 6 forward and draft pick to San Jose for Doug Murray and hope an opportunity presents itself at the trade deadline... or maybe Volchenkov from NJ (though like JBo he has a no-trade clause) . SJ and NJ have too many defensemen right now.

Murray's physical play is great, but I'd prefer a right handed shooting defenceman. As it stands we only have White, and he's far from a shutdown guy.

If we can't get a RH shut down guy via trade then I'd try to swap some of our Bottom 6 guys into another top 6 guy and use the freed up roster spots to sign a UFA who can fill the defensive need for a season or 2.

I'm of the opinion we could use him too...His abilities would be of better use in Detroit with the style the Wings play.

It's all rather a moot point since he now won't be a Red Wing...Me thinks the new CBA will determine who Hollands tries to sign via UFA (whoever is left), or quite possibly pick up someone who's potentially on a waiver (if the cap takes a big nose dive).

Could the Wings use JBo? Sure. Not worth opening a crater somewhere else in the lineup...like the top 6...to get him though. Kenny's better off going with a cheap UFA to split time with Kindl in the 6/7 spot or wait to see what happens w/ the CBA. The need may be there but I have a feeling the price is nowhere to what Kenny would like.

Philly, Nashville and the Blues are now all said to be bidding for JBo - agree he is going to be too pricey.

At this point the Wings should trade a bottom 6 forward and draft pick to San Jose for Doug Murray and hope an opportunity presents itself at the trade deadline... or maybe Volchenkov from NJ (though like JBo he has a no-trade clause) . SJ and NJ have too many defensemen right now.

To SJ: Eaves, Emmerton, and Mursak

To DET: Demers or Braun

To NJ: Eaves, Emmerton, and Mursak

To DET: Fayne

Am I being realistic at all? Those guys are all relatively young RH D-men who appear to be just depth guys, which we need

Could the Wings use JBo? Sure. Not worth opening a crater somewhere else in the lineup...like the top 6...to get him though. Kenny's better off going with a cheap UFA to split time with Kindl in the 6/7 spot or wait to see what happens w/ the CBA. The need may be there but I have a feeling the price is nowhere to what Kenny would like.

Mike Commodore

Guest Crymson

To SJ: Eaves, Emmerton, and Mursak

To DET: Demers or Braun

To NJ: Eaves, Emmerton, and Mursak

To DET: Fayne

Holland would get laughed at.

Guest Crymson

This stuff about the Wings being in talks with the Flames is hilarious. TSN and NBC sports both quoted Mlive on the matter, and Mlive was reporting on the basis of this totally unreliable source. Randy Workman, the supposed team insider, is a random fan blogger, and not a notably reputable one. Despite the absolutely unconfirmed nature of the source, and despite the fact that many fans have deduced its probable falsity, numerous news outlets are running around with the news that the Wings have offered Filppula, Ericsson and a pick for Bouwmeester. I guess everyone is desperate for hockey news. It's silly either way.

I don't doubt that Holland has inquired about Yandle. That's wouldn't be surprising. An inquiry is a fairly common act.

Edited by Crymson

We're desperate for any kind of news re: the enormous, gaping crater on our blue line. This Bouwmeester thread is 15 pages long and counting. It's been quiet on the Yandle front. (Actually, I think that might be the first "official" confirmation that Holland is at all interested in Yandle. For what that's worth.)

Edited by Dabura

Flip could be a Flame for a season then return via free agency.

But, really, we don't know that there's any truth to the story, and if there is, it might just be Feaster's initial demand, which you'd expect to be outrageous. Trading is negotiating; demands and offers can change any number of times.

Ultimately, I don't see us landing Yandle or Bouwmeester. Yandle will probably go to Philly.

Guest The Axe

I wonder if Zetterberg is a trading option. He's the guy I think would have the highest trade value. Z for Y straight up.

Guest Crymson

I wonder if Zetterberg is a trading option. He's the guy I think would have the highest trade value. Z for Y straight up.

You're suggesting that we trade our next captain, who happens to be a very good scorer, an excellent two-way forward, and the most prolific playoff producer since the lockout, in exchange for a defenseman who can't play defense. No offense, but are all of these trade ideas jokes?

You're suggesting that we trade our next captain, who happens to be a very good scorer, an excellent two-way forward, and the most prolific playoff producer since the lockout, in exchange for a defenseman who can't play defense. No offense, but are all of these trade ideas jokes?

I agree! Like I said earlier, I didn't know we were trying to acquire Weber...these trade proposals are getting out of hand. Just sign Kubina and trade two forwards and lets go!

Guest The Axe

Just saying that Yandle wont come cheap

Guest Crymson

Just saying that Yandle wont come cheap

Yandle will likely be of extortionate expense. Phoenix hasn't any reason to let him go. He's on an affordable contract, and that's vital to a team that has literally no money to spare.

Guest Crymson

I would rather have boumeester than yandle. mostly because yandle will be way more expensive to acquire than j-bo will be. Yandle isn't even that great defensively anyways

Bouwmeester won't be worth the vastly inflated price that'll likely be asked for him.

I would rather have boumeester than yandle. mostly because yandle will be way more expensive to acquire than j-bo will be. Yandle isn't even that great defensively anyways

I second this! I don't really feel we need another offensive minded defenseman.

I second this! I don't really feel we need another offensive minded defenseman.

Nope, we got Smith. We need another Stuart. Most of our good D prospects are offensive aside from McKee who's a few years away and Lashoff but he'd be better off developing more in GR to become a really good shutdown guy. That's why we were calling for Vandermeer before. Sign him for a year to bridge the gap. Once again, i wish Janik was still here.

Any credibility to this Keaton Ellerby to Detroit rumor? I don't know anything about the guy except he was a tenth overall pick. Anybody know anything about him or the rumor?

Edit: After looking into it I found that this kid is 6'4 220 lbs, hits, fights, and is Shane Doan's first cousin. Still don't know anything about his overall game though.

Edited by kipwinger

Any credibility to this Keaton Ellerby to Detroit rumor? I don't know anything about the guy except he was a tenth overall pick. Anybody know anything about him or the rumor?

Edit: After looking into it I found that this kid is 6'4 220 lbs, hits, fights, and is Shane Doan's first cousin. Still don't know anything about his overall game though.

Seems to be getting a lot of buzz, but I don't know if it's built on anything super-credible or confirmed.

I'd love for it to happen.

EDIT: Actually, not as much buzz as I'd thought. Which for me actually makes it feel more credible, for whatever reasons.

Edited by Dabura

Yeah, it all seems to dead end back at the same place, the only reason I even noticed it was because of the news feed at the top of the forum here. As I said, I don't really know much about him, but he seems like a pretty tough dude.

Edit: The scouting report I read on him suggests he's a good stay at home d-man with shutdown capability. I'm sold.

Edited by kipwinger