• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jroc86

Bouwmeester opinions? Potential trades? *merged*

Rate this topic

HockeyyInsiderr is dropping the Boumeester to Wings rumors again lol ... but in all seriousness this is a move that I think makes sense for both clubs. Big body, long stick, great skater, 460+ game streak or something plus somewhere inside that guy is the offensive upside that had him a 15 goal and 45pt player in FLA a few years ago.

At this stage of the game Id be very happy to get JBo despite allot of the chirping the guy takes since signing that huge deal and not living up to it. We have the capspace so no matter how you slice it a steady veteran presence who is young (only 28 I think) and has the tools to possibly get back to being an "elite" player would please me allot given how this offseasons gone.

Id like to see him tired on the 2nd pairing where he defensive presence of mind would likely be a good fit with Smiths offensive (and sometimes reckless) tendancies and growing pains hell likely experience.

Kronwall White

JBo Smith

Quincey Ericsson

Kindl

Thoguhts?

Guest Johnz96

HockeyyInsiderr is dropping the Boumeester to Wings rumors again lol ... but in all seriousness this is a move that I think makes sense for both clubs. Big body, long stick, great skater, 460+ game streak or something plus somewhere inside that guy is the offensive upside that had him a 15 goal and 45pt player in FLA a few years ago.

At this stage of the game Id be very happy to get JBo despite allot of the chirping the guy takes since signing that huge deal and not living up to it. We have the capspace so no matter how you slice it a steady veteran presence who is young (only 28 I think) and has the tools to possibly get back to being an "elite" player would please me allot given how this offseasons gone.

Id like to see him tired on the 2nd pairing where he defensive presence of mind would likely be a good fit with Smiths offensive (and sometimes reckless) tendancies and growing pains hell likely experience.

Kronwall White

JBo Smith

Quincey Ericsson

Kindl

Thoguhts?

Noppe

Guest Johnz96

I'd rather see the Wings in dead last place than saddled with his terrible contract.

We would get a top draft pick.

Just checked, $6.68 mill/yr ... makes Suter's $7.5 look like a steal. If he could play like a $6.68 mill/yr dman, maybe but as it stands now, no, thanks.

He can, and would, here... Florida, then Calgary... I think that's all that needs to be said...

He would thrive in the Wings system, and I would put money on it, that if he came here, he would have better numbers next year than Suter...

He can, and would, here... Florida, then Calgary... I think that's all that needs to be said...

He would thrive in the Wings system, and I would put money on it, that if he came here, he would have better numbers next year than Suter...

That's a pretty bold prediction. Only one way to find out but I'm not betting that Holland will pull the trigger on this.

He's a more durable Kyle Quincey with a bigger paycheck.

Despite his poor +/-, he's at least on par defensively, maybe even a little better, and better offensively than Quincey... It's he 3m more better? Maybe not, but I think we'd all be very pleasantly surprised by Bo if he came here...

Guest Johnz96

He's a more durable Kyle Quincey with a bigger paycheck.

Faster (and Quincey's a good skater) but less physical Quincey, very comparable players with very different bank accounts

That's a pretty bold prediction. Only one way to find out but I'm not betting that Holland will pull the trigger on this.

I don't think he will either, because Calgary probably wants too much in return, so it may be a moot point, but it's that bold of a prediction, because I'm that confident that it would happen... He's had a VERY raw deal since he came into the league, with the s*** teams he's been on... he's not even in his prime yet, and it's not a mistake he was drafted as high as he was

Boumeester is allot better defensively than Quincey and takes about half the penalties. I would also be willing to bet that JBo outperforms Suter offensivley next season if he indeed becomes a Red Wing. If the Cap ceiling doesnt drop too much Id do this for sure ... if its gets cut 5 or 10million then his contract is a bit worrisome. Hes no Nick - but who is? Hes expensive, doesnt have playoff experience, and plays soft. Despite those drawbacks I think his upside (age, size, speed, versatility, skill + offensive upside, and laid back demenaor) all would make him a good fit on the ice and in the dressing room.

I don't think he will either, because Calgary probably wants too much in return, so it may be a moot point, but it's that bold of a prediction, because I'm that confident that it would happen... He's had a VERY raw deal since he came into the league, with the s*** teams he's been on... he's not even in his prime yet, and it's not a mistake he was drafted as high as he was

If there is the Burke rule in the new CBA, ie. teams can split salary of players being traded and Calgary eats up $1.5-2 mill ... that might be worth the risk.

Guest Johnz96

We can forget about all the power forwards who should be available either sometime this season or as UFAs if we sign him. Kindl development would regress, Smith wouldn't have an opportunity for the Calder.

We had trouble getting to rebounds and creating traffic in front of Rinne. I think a good power forward is our biggest need. If Pfonger doesn't retire I would rather look at him if he is good to go or if the Flyers keep him they will have to do some salary dumping and being an upcoming UFA who they won't be able to keep, Hartnell should become available, even if they don't trade him I don't think the Flyers will be able to re-sign him. Hartnell, Giroux, Schenn, Simmonds, Couturier, Read(surprised to see that he will be a UFA) and Meszeros are all due for raises in the next 2 years.

We can forget about all the power forwards who should be available either sometime this season or as UFAs if we sign him. Kindl development would regress, Smith wouldn't have an opportunity for the Calder.

We had trouble getting to rebounds and creating traffic in front of Rinne. I think a good power forward is our biggest need. If Pfonger doesn't retire I would rather look at him if he is good to go or if the Flyers keep him they will have to do some salary dumping and being an upcoming UFA who they won't be able to keep, Hartnell should become available, even if they don't trade him I don't think the Flyers will be able to re-sign him. Hartnell, Giroux, Schenn, Simmonds, Couturier, Read(surprised to see that he will be a UFA) and Meszeros are all due for raises in the next 2 years.

Prongers toast bro. He did a bunch of medicals and concussion protocols a few weeks back and performed terribly. He cant announce retirement or Philly will have to take hit cap-hit but from the sounds if it, hes all but done.

Guest Johnz96

I don't think the Flames would want too much in return, they would be glad to get rid of his contract

I don't think the Flames would want too much in return, they would be glad to get rid of his contract

if that's the case, then you pull the trigger on this deal in a heartbeat and still have your blue chip assets to go out and make a hard push for Bobby Ryan... Or, even do a package and bring Iginla here as well in the deal, then you have your power forward as well...

Guest Johnz96

Boumeester is allot better defensively than Quincey and takes about half the penalties. I would also be willing to bet that JBo outperforms Suter offensivley next season if he indeed becomes a Red Wing. If the Cap ceiling doesnt drop too much Id do this for sure ... if its gets cut 5 or 10million then his contract is a bit worrisome. Hes no Nick - but who is? Hes expensive, doesnt have playoff experience, and plays soft. Despite those drawbacks I think his upside (age, size, speed, versatility, skill + offensive upside, and laid back demenaor) all would make him a good fit on the ice and in the dressing room.

I don't think he is a lot better defensively than Quincey and it's not like the Flames were a terrible team they almost made the playoffs (if they had a true top d-man they prolly wouda or even better if they had one worth 6.7 they wouda for sure)

Guest Crymson

Despite his poor +/-, he's at least on par defensively, maybe even a little better, and better offensively than Quincey... It's he 3m more better? Maybe not, but I think we'd all be very pleasantly surprised by Bo if he came here...

Kronwall White

JBo Smith

Quincey Ericsson

Kindl

Thoguhts?

Pierre Mcguire has a long stick

I don't think he is a lot better defensively than Quincey and it's not like the Flames were a terrible team they almost made the playoffs (if they had a true top d-man they prolly wouda or even better if they had one worth 6.7 they wouda for sure)

Yea, it was their league 14th overall GA/G that cost them, not their league 24th GF/G :glare: