• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jroc86

Bouwmeester opinions? Potential trades? *merged*

Rate this topic

Guest Johnz96

Yeah, it all seems to dead end back at the same place, the only reason I even noticed it was because of the news feed at the top of the forum here. As I said, I don't really know much about him, but he seems like a pretty tough dude.

Edit: The scouting report I read on him suggests he's a good stay at home d-man with shutdown capability. I'm sold.

That report claims he has offensive upside, he has never shown any offensive upside so that report losses all credibility right there.

He also suggests Jurco for Ellerby and states that Florida had a chance to draft Jurco. Florida has had a chance to draft every Wing prospect.

Jurco for Ellerby definitely not. McCollum sure

Guest The Axe

~6'4

~215

Way young

Big hitter

Good fighter

Defensive defenseman

....Or, at least, not an offensive defenseman

Cool name

First cousins with Shane Doan

Looks like Jeremy Renner here

This would change the world.

So why is Florida looking to can him, then?

Just saying that Yandle wont come cheap

At the same time though, Yandle is not even close to being worth Z. Like Crymson stated, he's the most prolific scorer in the playoffs since the lockout and has a Conn Smythe in that stretch. He's clutch as hell and when Dats goes down if he does, Z goes into beast mode.

A lot of guys won't come cheap, but like i've been saying the past 6 weeks, our guys also have value. You can't just go after one guy like Yandle and say, oh, you guys can have Flip, Nyquist and Smith cause Yandle just doesn't come around everyday but our 3 guys sure do...

Guest Crymson

just read on the bleacherreport the wings offered filppula ericsson and a prospect for bouwmeester??? WTFFF i doubt this is true but if it is holland has lost his mind rather just go through the season and whatever happens happens

There is no validity to that rumor.

Guest Crymson

Gregg Krupa from the Detroit News reported that rumor coming from a report out of Calgary.

The entire rumor spawned from this blog post made by a random blogger. The blogger's so-called "trusted Flames insider" source, Randy Workman, is himself a fan blogger and is certainly not a team insider.

In other words, the entire "Bouwmeester to Detroit" hype was complete nonsense. It's certainly possible that Holland did inquire about Bouwmeester, but the whole story about trade talks being in progress spawned from a fallacious claim made by a disreputable blogger.

Edited by Crymson

Honestly, I don't see them trading for a high profile d-man at this point. I think they'll try to get a decent sized stay at home type to replace Stuart and go with that. That's why I was interested in this Ellerby rumor, it seems more likely then sending an offer sheet or trading away one of the relatively few trade assets (Flip, Franzen) that we've actually got.

Obviously we all do, but adding another smallish puck moving defenseman, on a team full of smallish puck moving defensemen, doesn't really help our chances that much. Del Zotto is good, but not what we need. Let Kronwall take Lidstrom's spot, let White, Quincey, Smith (by committee) take Kronwall's spot, and go get someone to do Brad Stuart's dirty work. That's the best bet for our defense in my opinion. Plus, replacing a stay at home top six guy will be MUCH cheaper than chasing someone like Del Zotto.

We have a gaping hole on our blue line. This gaping hole is not on the third pairing. It's not somewhere in the vicinity of Kindl Land. It's on our first pairing. We lost Nick Lidstrom; we need a #1 or a #2. We can't just plug Kubina into the equation and say, "Y'know...don't ask me why, but I really feel like our D is going to surprise a lot of people this season." Unfortunately, we probably will just plug Kubina in and take up indefinite residence in a lonely place called Denial for much, if not most, of the regular season.

Kronwall - White

Quincey - Ericsson

[Depth Guy] - Smith

Kindl

:bored:

I'm not comfortable with that. I'm ok ("ok") with not getting a top-tier partner for Kronwall if we get a second-pairing guy so that we can have one of Ericsson or Quincey on the third with Smith without the second-pairing descending into utter suck.

Kronwall - White

Quincey - Del Zotto

Ericsson - Smith

Kindl

Or we could get a second-pairing guy and a depth guy. Or we could get a second-pairing guy and place him as a depth guy. o_O

I'm not waving a giant flag for Del Zotto. I guess in this context he = any good second-pairing guy we might possibly pursue.

Edited by Dabura

Guest Crymson

The Rangers have no reason to move a defenseman. They're already strong at forward.

We have a gaping hole on our blue line. This gaping hole is not on the third pairing. It's not somewhere in the vicinity of Kindl Land. It's on our first pairing. We lost Nick Lidstrom; we need a #1 or a #2. We can't just plug Kubina into the equation and say, "Y'know...don't ask me why, but I really feel like our D is going to surprise a lot of people this season." Unfortunately, we probably will just plug Kubina in and take up indefinite residence in a lonely place called Denial for much, if not most, of the regular season.

Kronwall - White

Quincey - Ericsson

[Depth Guy] - Smith

Kindl

:bored:

I'm not comfortable with that. I'm ok ("ok") with not getting a top-tier partner for Kronwall if we get a second-pairing guy so that we can have one of Ericsson or Quincey on the third with Smith without the second-pairing descending into utter suck.

Kronwall - White

Quincey - Del Zotto

Ericsson - Smith

Kindl

Or we could get a second-pairing guy and a depth guy. Or we could get a second-pairing guy and place him as a depth guy. o_O

I'm not waving a giant flag for Del Zotto. I guess in this context he = any good second-pairing guy we might possibly pursue.

Yeah, I misspoke on my earlier post. I don't want a third pair stay at home guy, but rather a top four. Again, this is why I was interested in that Ellerby rumor. I think we need a replacement for Stuart and our defense looks pretty good. A big, strong, defensive minded defenseman.

Edited by kipwinger

The entire rumor spawned from this blog post made by a random blogger. The blogger's so-called "trusted Flames insider" source, Randy Workman, is himself a fan blogger and is certainly not a team insider.

In other words, the entire "Bouwmeester to Detroit" hype was complete nonsense. It's certainly possible that Holland did inquire about Bouwmeester, but the whole story about trade talks being in progress spawned from a fallacious claim made by a disreputable blogger.

I lol'd at the article... Here's why: (some article quotes)

the market value for Bouwmeester has never been this high.

but then states

Bouwmeester has never lived up to the hype in Calgary

Awesome...just awesome!

then, once again:

Bouwmeester has never lived up to his expectations in Calgary, scoring a total of just 12 goals in his 3 seasons with the Flames.

Although he is no where near worth his $6,680,000 cap hit, Bouwmeester can log huge minutes while playing against the top lines on any given team

Overall with Bouwmeester, the Wings would get a solid blue-liner who although he doesn't deserve his annual $6,680,000 pay check

The Flames would love to have Filppula on their team

This past season, the 28-year old had a career best 66 points in 81 games played

His +18 rating is just a huge bonus for the Flames

Jonathan Ericsson on the other hand, would also be a great addition. His +16 rating for the season would also be a best on the Flames.

So to sum this up, the Wings get a guy that has fallen from grace to be a 3 goal per year, 15-20 point dman and the Flames get Flip who just had a career year and is geared up to do so again if there's a season and Ericsson who has also taken huge strides the past couple years and become a really good shutdown dman as it stated in the article. The article is so contradictory every step of the way and the writer is obviously a complete derp. No thanks to JBo and if the Flames think they're getting both those guys and a pick or anything else, they're out of their mind. Enjoy Hudler and keep Bouwmeester.