• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#261 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

Emmerton can be a good depth/role guy and Kindl could work out well for the Flames with more responsibility and ice time.

Positive things like these are only said about the likes of Emmerton and Kindl when those players are being included in a trade proposal. When people talk about how those players do as members of the Red Wings, they generally speak about how much Emmerton sucks and Kindl is unremarkable. And really, Emmerton does suck--he is almost completely useless in every way--and Kindl really is unremarkable. Other teams know this.

#262 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:06 PM

Positive things like these are only said about the likes of Emmerton and Kindl when those players are being included in a trade proposal. When people talk about how those players do as members of the Red Wings, they generally speak about how much Emmerton sucks and Kindl is unremarkable. And really, Emmerton does suck--he is almost completely useless in every way--and Kindl really is unremarkable. Other teams know this.

^THIS x 1,000,000,000,000,000
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#263 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

i do totally agree with your opinion about the double speak fans do. but you have to remember that the flames fans do the same about bouwmeester. he is highly unpopular there.

for the record though, i think kindl still has growth and can be a solid nhl guy. i personally think he looked good for a good portion of last year. i do think we have seen all cory emmerton has to offer. but i think having holmstrom on his line really hurt. i think he could appear better with a better combination of wingers.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#264 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:59 PM

Bouawmeesteri should come cheap. Franzen, Nyquist, and a pic. Thats a good deal for the Wings.

#265 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:09 PM

Just say no to JBO. You guys know Kenny is bringing back Lilja or Lebda right? Or both! LOL
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#266 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,275 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:10 PM

Bouawmeesteri should come cheap. Franzen, Nyquist, and a pic. Thats a good deal for the Wings.

That's a cheap and good deal? Massive overpayment and now you just created a scenario where an already weak top-six just lost two more players.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#267 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

That's a good deal for the Wings. If they're getting Yandle.

#268 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:03 PM

That's a good deal for the Wings. If they're getting Yandle.

Yandles price tag is Fil and Smith.

#269 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,939 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:22 AM

Talk about overpayment. I dont get why people are so high on Yandle, I suppose his offensive numbers are a big part of it, but I think Smith has the potential to be a much more complete player. Pass.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#270 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:36 AM

Talk about overpayment. I dont get why people are so high on Yandle, I suppose his offensive numbers are a big part of it, but I think Smith has the potential to be a much more complete player. Pass.

Yandle has no muscle in the defensive zone.....Smith plays like he wants someone to suffer, glad to have Smith

#271 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:11 AM

Is this a joke?

#272 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 04:11 AM

If it involes any of Nyquist, Filps + a pic I'd gladly pass. Nothing against Bouwmeester really, but at some point we need to built up our next generation of Wings. We would be doing the Flames a favour by taking on such a big contract.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#273 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 06:29 AM

Player wise, JBO is a better option than any of the remaining UFAs left such as Colaiacovo, Roszival, Kubina, Spacek, etc. Salary wise, his 6.68 per year for 2 more years decreases his trade value. I don't buy what is being said in the media about his supposed demand. If I am taking on his salary, I am only giving up guys like Mursak, Emmerton, Kindl. Not Nyquist, Filppula or Smith. I'd sooner keep the Cap space for next summer so we can take a run at players such as Perry, Getzlaf and Edler. If they are available at that time that is. Kenny is in no rush right now as there may be an impending lockout before Training Camp. Which essentially likely means no hockey until January.

#274 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:57 AM

Player wise, JBO is a better option than any of the remaining UFAs left such as Colaiacovo, Roszival, Kubina, Spacek, etc. Salary wise, his 6.68 per year for 2 more years decreases his trade value. I don't buy what is being said in the media about his supposed demand. If I am taking on his salary, I am only giving up guys like Mursak, Emmerton, Kindl. Not Nyquist, Filppula or Smith. I'd sooner keep the Cap space for next summer so we can take a run at players such as Perry, Getzlaf and Edler. If they are available at that time that is. Kenny is in no rush right now as there may be an impending lockout before Training Camp. Which essentially likely means no hockey until January.

Completely agree but comments like this get funnier and funnier as Holland's offseasons go by. ( the bolded part I mean :D)

esteef

Edited by esteef, 11 August 2012 - 10:59 AM.

"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#275 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

Yah, why are those guys going to want to go to Detroit and get paid less because Holland is stupid?

#276 RedWingsRox

RedWingsRox

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,108 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 01:15 PM

Please don't trade away Flip for JBo ... Flip is just coming onto his own and he's going to be real good for us offensively this coming year. In fact, I don't even like trading Franzen away for JBo ... we need Franzen in beast mode if we get into playoffs. Yes, he drives me nutz during regular season.

In fact, I'd stay with what we have, suck if need be, get a good draft pick next year than trade any of the young pieces for Bouwmeister

#277 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 06:39 PM

Franzen....yes. Filppula.....no.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#278 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:15 PM

Yah, why are those guys going to want to go to Detroit and get paid less because Holland is stupid?

After the trade proposal you just threw out there I think you should be forever banned from calling someone stupid.

Bouwmeester for Emmerton and the chance to sniff Holland's taint would be an overpayment.

Are we that desperate for defence that we'd completely destroy our offence for a slightly better skating Quincey who would instantly be the highest paid player on the team?

#279 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,547 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 07:45 PM

I don't believe any of the rumors that the wings are interested in him. He's lazy, left handed, and overpriced.....Everything about him screams NOOO. I'd be be truly amazed if the wings were at all interested. We never go for guys like that OR contracts like that. The only thing JBO is good at is staying healthy.....which is easy to do when you skate at 50% every night....

#280 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 08:43 PM

I don't believe any of the rumors that the wings are interested in him. He's lazy, left handed, and overpriced.....Everything about him screams NOOO. I'd be be truly amazed if the wings were at all interested. We never go for guys like that OR contracts like that. The only thing JBO is good at is staying healthy.....which is easy to do when you skate at 50% every night....

He also avoids contact like the plague