• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#281 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:15 PM

Now with Lilja out for some time - the chances of JBo winding up a Red Wing seems unlikely...No way will Holland try to outbid Holmgren.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#282 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 09:21 PM

Now with Lilja out for some time - the chances of JBo winding up a Red Wing seems unlikely...No way will Holland try to outbid Holmgren.

yeah, i think thats the most important part.

the wings could use him, but dont need him near as bad as the flyers do.

and since the flames dont have to move him, they can hold out for the best deal.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#283 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,505 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:49 PM

yeah, i think thats the most important part.

the wings could use him, but dont need him near as bad as the flyers do.

and since the flames dont have to move him, they can hold out for the best deal.

I'm of the opinion we could use him too...His abilities would be of better use in Detroit with the style the Wings play.

It's all rather a moot point since he now won't be a Red Wing...Me thinks the new CBA will determine who Hollands tries to sign via UFA (whoever is left), or quite possibly pick up someone who's potentially on a waiver (if the cap takes a big nose dive).

Edited by F.Michael, 12 August 2012 - 10:50 PM.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#284 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 12:58 AM

We need a righty with some bang. Where's rob blake these days?

#285 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 106 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:41 AM

After the trade proposal you just threw out there I think you should be forever banned from calling someone stupid.

Bouwmeester for Emmerton and the chance to sniff Holland's taint would be an overpayment.

Are we that desperate for defence that we'd completely destroy our offence for a slightly better skating Quincey who would instantly be the highest paid player on the team?

I laughed hard at this. Also, If we could get JBo for a sniff of Holland's taint I'd take it....as long as Huds is the one sniffing.

#286 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

We need a righty with some bang. Where's rob blake these days?

On the west coast with his wife Brandy and his two kids Jack and Brooke. Why? You want a 42 year old former rival to bang for us?

#287 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:12 AM

With other recent happenings, his asking price may have gone up substantially.
That is sad.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#288 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:01 PM

Philly, Nashville and the Blues are now all said to be bidding for JBo - agree he is going to be too pricey.

At this point the Wings should trade a bottom 6 forward and draft pick to San Jose for Doug Murray and hope an opportunity presents itself at the trade deadline... or maybe Volchenkov from NJ (though like JBo he has a no-trade clause) . SJ and NJ have too many defensemen right now.

Edited by egroen, 13 August 2012 - 01:13 PM.

Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#289 SUPERSTUD

SUPERSTUD

Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Dumb - but who's who?

• Silver Booster
  • 450 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

Could they move a forward to D? Maybe even J Andersson?

#290 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:47 PM

Philly, Nashville and the Blues are now all said to be bidding for JBo - agree he is going to be too pricey.

At this point the Wings should trade a bottom 6 forward and draft pick to San Jose for Doug Murray and hope an opportunity presents itself at the trade deadline... or maybe Volchenkov from NJ (though like JBo he has a no-trade clause) . SJ and NJ have too many defensemen right now.

Murray's physical play is great, but I'd prefer a right handed shooting defenceman. As it stands we only have White, and he's far from a shutdown guy.

If we can't get a RH shut down guy via trade then I'd try to swap some of our Bottom 6 guys into another top 6 guy and use the freed up roster spots to sign a UFA who can fill the defensive need for a season or 2.

#291 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,958 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:23 PM

I'm of the opinion we could use him too...His abilities would be of better use in Detroit with the style the Wings play.

It's all rather a moot point since he now won't be a Red Wing...Me thinks the new CBA will determine who Hollands tries to sign via UFA (whoever is left), or quite possibly pick up someone who's potentially on a waiver (if the cap takes a big nose dive).

Could the Wings use JBo? Sure. Not worth opening a crater somewhere else in the lineup...like the top 6...to get him though. Kenny's better off going with a cheap UFA to split time with Kindl in the 6/7 spot or wait to see what happens w/ the CBA. The need may be there but I have a feeling the price is nowhere to what Kenny would like.

#292 number9

number9

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 03:38 PM

To SJ: Eaves, Emmerton, and Mursak
To DET: Demers or Braun

To NJ: Eaves, Emmerton, and Mursak
To DET: Fayne

Am I being realistic at all? Those guys are all relatively young RH D-men who appear to be just depth guys, which we need

Could the Wings use JBo? Sure. Not worth opening a crater somewhere else in the lineup...like the top 6...to get him though. Kenny's better off going with a cheap UFA to split time with Kindl in the 6/7 spot or wait to see what happens w/ the CBA. The need may be there but I have a feeling the price is nowhere to what Kenny would like.

Mike Commodore

#293 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,171 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 12:23 PM

I think Drew Miller would be the prime candidate for that spot. Kind of like Meech. Didn't Miller used to play a mix of D and Fwd when he was younger?

Free darkmanx!

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

#294 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,620 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 01:14 PM

Maybe a healthy eaves? I like him on forward but I figure if he's one of our best PKers, he might be a decent shut down guy..

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#295 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 15 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

To SJ: Eaves, Emmerton, and Mursak
To DET: Demers or Braun

To NJ: Eaves, Emmerton, and Mursak
To DET: Fayne

Holland would get laughed at.

#296 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 02:40 PM

Red Wings "have inquired" about Keith Yandle

Don't Toews me, bro!

#297 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 03:01 PM

Red Wings talking to Calgary Flames about making trade for veteran defenseman Jay Bouwmeester

Don't Toews me, bro!

#298 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:02 PM

This stuff about the Wings being in talks with the Flames is hilarious. TSN and NBC sports both quoted Mlive on the matter, and Mlive was reporting on the basis of this totally unreliable source. Randy Workman, the supposed team insider, is a random fan blogger, and not a notably reputable one. Despite the absolutely unconfirmed nature of the source, and despite the fact that many fans have deduced its probable falsity, numerous news outlets are running around with the news that the Wings have offered Filppula, Ericsson and a pick for Bouwmeester. I guess everyone is desperate for hockey news. It's silly either way.

I don't doubt that Holland has inquired about Yandle. That's wouldn't be surprising. An inquiry is a fairly common act.

Edited by Crymson, 16 August 2012 - 04:14 PM.

#299 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,997 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:33 PM

We're desperate for any kind of news re: the enormous, gaping crater on our blue line. This Bouwmeester thread is 15 pages long and counting. It's been quiet on the Yandle front. (Actually, I think that might be the first "official" confirmation that Holland is at all interested in Yandle. For what that's worth.)

Edited by Dabura, 16 August 2012 - 04:34 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#300 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,575 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:47 PM

Did anyone else hear that Calgary was asking for Filppula, Ericsson and Nyquist in return for Bouwmeester? I didn't think we were shopping for Weber....sheesh!

Edited by LeftWinger, 16 August 2012 - 04:47 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com