• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#21 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:10 PM

Despite his poor +/-, he's at least on par defensively, maybe even a little better, and better offensively than Quincey... It's he 3m more better? Maybe not, but I think we'd all be very pleasantly surprised by Bo if he came here...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqof09PxEmM

#22 number9

number9

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,739 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:11 PM

HockeyyInsiderr is dropping the Boumeester to Wings rumors again lol ... but in all seriousness this is a move that I think makes sense for both clubs. Big body, long stick, great skater, 460+ game streak or something plus somewhere inside that guy is the offensive upside that had him a 15 goal and 45pt player in FLA a few years ago.

At this stage of the game Id be very happy to get JBo despite allot of the chirping the guy takes since signing that huge deal and not living up to it. We have the capspace so no matter how you slice it a steady veteran presence who is young (only 28 I think) and has the tools to possibly get back to being an "elite" player would please me allot given how this offseasons gone.

Id like to see him tired on the 2nd pairing where he defensive presence of mind would likely be a good fit with Smiths offensive (and sometimes reckless) tendancies and growing pains hell likely experience.

Kronwall White
JBo Smith
Quincey Ericsson
Kindl

Thoguhts?

Pierre Mcguire has a long stick

#23 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:15 PM

I don't think he is a lot better defensively than Quincey and it's not like the Flames were a terrible team they almost made the playoffs (if they had a true top d-man they prolly wouda or even better if they had one worth 6.7 they wouda for sure)

Yea, it was their league 14th overall GA/G that cost them, not their league 24th GF/G :glare:

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#24 MabusIncarnate

MabusIncarnate

The Truth Is Out There

• Silver Booster Mod
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:21 PM

I'd give him a shot if the price is right, he can bring Giordano with him.

13585921555_24551f5658.jpg

#25 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:24 PM

I'd give him a shot if the price is right, he can bring Giordano with him.

I'd take Gio in a heartbeat, but no way Calgary parts with him...

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#26 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:51 PM

I wouldn't mind Bouwmeester but the price would be too high I think. I wouldn't want to give up too much for him tbh. I agree though I think Bouwmeester would fit nicely into our system.

#27 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:14 AM

Bouwmeester sucks. Just ask Calgary. The fact that Calgary is not a playoff team accounts for neither his frequent defensive errors nor his atrocious offensive numbers.

Edited by Crymson, 23 July 2012 - 03:15 AM.

#28 arag

arag

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 641 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 04:07 AM

Boumeester does suck.

#29 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

If he is that soft and a turn over machine then why would we want him? That is not who you want to groom Smith. Do not want.

#30 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,426 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:12 AM

The void left by Commodore still exists; this would be a perfect match.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#31 arag

arag

2nd Line Scorer

• HoF Booster
  • 641 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 07:25 AM

This guy is one of the worst D man in the entire NHL. Iam not even talking about his contract, which is rediculous. Why would anyone even consider him to play for the Red Wings ? Not an option.

#32 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

The only way I would even be considering JBo if I was the GM would be if it was part of a deal for Iginla and Calgary told me the only way I was getting Iginla would be if I swallowed JBo's contract as part of the deal..

Other than that I think there are probably still better options than JBo available on the FA market for a fraction of the price.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#33 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

Yea, it was their league 14th overall GA/G that cost them, not their league 24th GF/G :glare:

They have a $6 mil dollar man in net who plays like a $6 mill man

Edited by Johnz96, 23 July 2012 - 08:18 AM.

#34 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,869 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 08:58 AM

Oh yes, would love to see what Bouwmeester could do in Detroit. He is not the type of flashy defensemen Detroit fans has gotten used to but he can log a ton of minutes and play responsible in his own end. I think that's exactly what Detroit needs now that Lidstrom retired.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#35 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:09 AM

Oh yes, would love to see what Bouwmeester could do in Detroit. He is not the type of flashy defensemen Detroit fans has gotten used to but he can log a ton of minutes and play responsible in his own end. I think that's exactly what Detroit needs now that Lidstrom retired.

Check out the Mike Peca clip at the top of the page, someone who has played against him. Pretty much says the opposite about being responsible in his own end. Living in Canada I get to see Calgary a lot on Hockey Night in Canada and I always thought he is fast, and has good hands and reach but he is soft and irresponsible in his own end.
How did you come to the conclusion that he is responsible in his own end?

#36 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:12 AM

he would make sense in terms of being one of the few top pairing guys that would be available. slotting him in there would really give us better depth. as others have said, he would probably look a lot better on this team in this system than he does in calgary. it is funny that so many are against him. remember the summer of 2009 when he was just as big a fish as suter was this summer???

with that said, i would worry that he has regressed because of his big contract, playing on a crappy team/org, or just not having his edge anymore. he would probably require a top forward like franzen/filppula to get him. that or multiple top end assets. that might be the tipping point for me. if it could be done with a reasonable trade, it might be worth it. i am not too worried about his contract as we do have lots of room this year and he would only be signed for 1 more season.

overall i doubt it happens. even though calgary fans detest bouwmeester, its not like calgary has many other quality top 4 D. giordano was the only other D that even made it past 15 points. though they did pick up wideman so that helps them a bit. even with the bad contract i just dont see calgary making a move. and it doesnt look like calgary has really ever committed to a rebuild, so thats why i think it would take a quality roster player going there to make the deal happen.

Edited by dobbles, 23 July 2012 - 09:15 AM.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#37 Wings_Toledo

Wings_Toledo

Seeing Red

• PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

The void left by Commodore still exists; this would be a perfect match.

Not to de-rail the thread, but I thought about Commie the other day. He's a FA now, so if nothing else works out Holland could offer him a 1-year deal for $1-2 mil and have him be a shutdown 6th or 7th d-man. I don't think he was that bad when he was here. He just doesn't have the speed one would like to see.

#38 Johnz96

Johnz96

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,423 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:34 AM

he would make sense in terms of being one of the few top pairing guys that would be available. slotting him in there would really give us better depth. as others have said, he would probably look a lot better on this team in this system than he does in calgary. it is funny that so many are against him. remember the summer of 2009 when he was just as big a fish as suter was this summer???

with that said, i would worry that he has regressed because of his big contract, playing on a crappy team/org, or just not having his edge anymore. he would probably require a top forward like franzen/filppula to get him. that or multiple top end assets. that might be the tipping point for me. if it could be done with a reasonable trade, it might be worth it. i am not too worried about his contract as we do have lots of room this year and he would only be signed for 1 more season.

overall i doubt it happens. even though calgary fans detest bouwmeester, its not like calgary has many other quality top 4 D. giordano was the only other D that even made it past 15 points. though they did pick up wideman so that helps them a bit. even with the bad contract i just dont see calgary making a move. and it doesnt look like calgary has really ever committed to a rebuild, so thats why i think it would take a quality roster player going there to make the deal happen.

He has never had any edge. He is only a top pairing defenseman because of his pay cheque. Calgary would love to move him and his contract.

#39 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

They have a $6 mil dollar man in net who plays like a $6 mill man

yea, because he hasn't been declining in recent years at all :glare:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

#40 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,413 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 10:06 AM

yea, because he hasn't been declining in recent years at all :glare:

If you talk to people in Calgary, they'll tell you that he just had an MVP worthy season this past year. Stats may not have been great, but without the way he played, Calgary would have been near the bottom of the standings.