• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#121 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 05:59 PM

I mean yeah if Bouwmeester could come cheap yeah for sure, but he won't. Feaster will be asking a lot in return for Bouwmeester. Just found this article no facts just speculation of course.

http://www.calgarysu...ock-on-the-rise

#122 SetecX

SetecX

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:06 PM

lol http://nhlfanchat.co...gejHpQ.facebook

#123 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:26 PM

That would be one of the worst trades in NHL history... looks like another Eklund site too...

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#124 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:35 PM

seems like a good guy, but if people don't think ericsson uses his size enough, this guy will be burned to the ground here.
Posted Image

#125 stevkrause

stevkrause

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 5,236 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:43 PM

seems like a good guy, but if people don't think ericsson uses his size enough, this guy will be burned to the ground here.

I'm one of the few here that like JBo, but that would be a MASSIVE over payment, Flip straight up would be too much for him... Let alone E, who, regardless of the flak he takes on here, was very good last year and makes a noticable difference on our PK

All I have to say about Holland and our off-season:

Here in this thread

Here in this one as well

Here in this one too

and finally

Here

Holland is a damn good GM. period.

#126 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:53 PM

I'm one of the few here that like JBo, but that would be a MASSIVE over payment, Flip straight up would be too much for him... Let alone E, who, regardless of the flak he takes on here, was very good last year and makes a noticable difference on our PK

I think Jbow would compliment Kronwall nicely, but if we are going to take on that salary the deal better favor us. I have a hard time letting Filpulla go in a deal for Jbow.

#127 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,071 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought E was good last year.
Posted Image

#128 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,922 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:02 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought E was good last year.

nah, there's a few of us. ;)

#129 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

This. He got Lidstrom-like playing time and put up Kyle Quincey numbers. Actually, Quincey was more productive than him at LA and COL.

This...and gets Lids-like $$$ as well.

I'd rather want to see Ken trying to trade for Bogosian.He's young,big,gritty,shots right handed and is relatively cheap.

#130 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:29 PM

Total garbage.

#131 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,551 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:56 PM

:lol:

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#132 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:02 PM

Total garbage.

It appears that we've found thehockeyinsiderr's source :lol:

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#133 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

I actually like Ericsson, but had a chuckle at the article calling him a "great shut-down defender". He doesn't play in all situations either -- sure, he's the Red Wings best penalty killer but he doesn't get PP time, nor would you really consider sending him out there with a one-goal lead and a minute left. Though, looking at the Red Wings defense heading into the season that last one may actually happen now.

That would obviously be massive overpayment too for Bouwmeester.

Edited by GoWings1905, 30 July 2012 - 10:17 PM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#134 Konnan511

Konnan511

#FreePulkkinen

• HoF Booster
  • 10,295 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:05 PM

We are hurt for DMen so we trade our only defensive DMan for him plus flip and a 1st? I'd do a first and Tatar for him, plus maybe miller or cleary.
The Best Of BC
HankthaTank
- Squirrels, they hate to be thrown. / Why is the magical unicorn named Brian... Jedi - I just downloaded the "kids" book, "Go the F--k to Sleep" as narrated by Samuel L. Jackson on my kindle. I am now ready to be a daddy. / *Checks Router* No, I'm positive I didn't hit the "Wings Defense Sucks" button. Electrophile - I'm just glad the Wings were able to win despite the Curse of Brian. ACallToArms - I think Trey needs to put something about payroll tax and deferred income in his sig... Edicius - I'd rather [have] a soundbite of me saying "I like (man sausage)" rather than "I like Crosby".

#135 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:38 PM

We are hurt for DMen so we trade our only defensive DMan for him plus flip and a 1st? I'd do a first and Tatar for him, plus maybe miller or cleary.

Our 1st in a very deep draft is not worth Bouwmeester.

#136 1980s24

1980s24

Prospect

• 36 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:52 PM

I think the Big Rig showed a lot of improvement last year. Shopping him would be silly. Ian White on the other hand scares me. I still don ot know why we do not try to ship Emmerton, Kindl and even Mursak for Volchenkov

#137 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

I think the Big Rig showed a lot of improvement last year. Shopping him would be silly. Ian White on the other hand scares me. I still don ot know why we do not try to ship Emmerton, Kindl and even Mursak for Volchenkov

Ericsson needs to start blocking shots on the PK, with the amount of time on the PK, and his big body he shouldn't be 6th behind the rest of his defense.

If Ericsson played well and Ian White scared you, I'm very curious on how you viewed the team last season. Because from all accounts that I recall, and just statistically Ian White had a marvelous year for us last season, For his salary I don't know how much you really expect out of him, 32 points is 36th in the league, and he's not even close to being in the top 50 for salary in defenseman. I know points aren't everything, but that's what he was mostly brought in to do, but he battled night in night out, kept his turnover's to a minimum(just 32 all season, for a offensive defenseman that plays 22 minutes a night that's very good Karlsson for example had 84, Yandle 75 etc.) I really like what Ian White brought to our team, if you think his success was if Lidstrom you are probably right to an extent, but even if he regresses he has a lot of room there to still be a very good signing and player for us.

And Emmerton, Kindl, Mursak for Volchenkov would be great from our angle, I'm just pretty sure New Jersey would want more impact players, maybe adding Cleary would help? Sure they wouldn't mind a veteran grinder top 6 tweener type to go along with Clarkson.

#138 SoupSnake

SoupSnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:25 AM

Doesn't Big E have a NTC? Why in the world would he waive it to go to Calgary?

#139 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:27 AM

I think Bouwmeester would be a great addition to the top four given the price is right. This year his cap hit wouldn't matter and there is only next year then we renegotiate his payment for his third year. Dudes only 28 right now (29 in a couple mnths) and could be a solid guy for us for the next seven years or so. Again Calgary is really pushed against the cap this year and a trade with JBo going the other way frees up a lot of cash for them, it would give them almost ten to work with opposed it almost four.
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#140 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

I'd give up Nyquist for Yandle but not JBO. For JBO it's Mursak, Emmerton and Kindl. Feaster would likely not do that so then it's time to move on.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams