• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,228 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 11:03 PM

The third and reportedly final installment of Christopher Nolan's work with THE BATMAN was just released, following huge hype and success brought on by the previous two works: Batman Begins, and The Dark Knight.
Batman Begins was a fresh look into the city of Gotham, and Nolan seemed quite focused on taking a "superhero" story and making it as unsuperhero-y as possible, while still retaining the essence of what Batman is. Anyway, the film got an 85% on Rotten Tomatoes, and an 8.3 on IMBD. For those who have been living under a rock, here's a trailer.
A few years later, The Dark Knight was released, and was met with a great deal of anticipation after clever viral marketing and a few trailers showing some guy named Heath Ledger playing an Oscar-winning Joker. Maybe you herad of him? IMDB gives it an 8.9, which is good for 8th all-time on their film-rating list. Rottem Tomatoes also gave it rave reviews, earning a 94%. Again, trailer if you haven't seen it.
Fast forward to today and the third and closing chapter of Nolan's Batman trilogy is finally out, and early reviews show it following the trend set by the previous two. I was able to watch it on Saturday, and while I don't think any characters performed at the level that Heath Ledger's Joker had, the storyline is quite intense, thrilling, and the film as a whole is probably the most edge-of-your-seat three hours of movie-watching I have ever experienced. Bane is an absolute mad-man. As with the other two Batman films, I fully recommend watching this one.

It should go without warning that this thread will likely contain spoilers in the discussion of Batman as a comicbook and as a series of films, so proceed at your own risk. At the same time, I ask posters who want to discuss any aspect of any Batman story be generous with spoiler-tags (if you click on the Special BBC code icon while posting, you will find spoiler-tags to cover your writing in). Thanks!

#2 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:09 PM

Was it good?

#3 drwscc

drwscc

I drink your milkshake...I drink it up!!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

I saw it this past weekend. It was ok. There were a few plot holes, and some of the motivations for the characters didn't make sense. The action and fighting was good though. Bane's accent kept making me laugh, that's for sure. Lots of Sean Connery in there.
Faith is to believe what you do not yet see; the reward for this faith is to see what you believe.

I went to a doctor the other day, and all he did was suck blood out of my neck. Never go see Dr. Acula
- Mitch Hedberg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users