• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cusimano_brothers

Visnovsky files NHLPA grievance to void NYI trade

Rate this topic

I think what is being lost in the shuffle is that Visnovsky had a no trade clause with the Ducks.

http://www.lighthousehockey.com/2012/9/4/3290481/lubomir-visnovsky-arbitration-no-trade-clause

His agent was on NHL Network Radio and said that Visnovsky was upset about the teams circumventing the no trade clause. I don't know all the particulars or his contract, but if I had a no trade clause and then I found myself traded without my consent, I would be a little miffed as well. Even his agent said that he would stay over in Slovakia until this matter was settled.

Višňovský was traded the day before his NTC was to have kicked in? Now that's funny.

I really don't know all the particulars. The Ducks said that it was legit, while Visnovsky and his agent say that it wasn't. A grievance was filed with the NHL so I guess we will see how it all turns out in the next week or so. If Visnovsky is in the right, then he does have a right to be pissed and have the trade voided.

I really don't know all the particulars. The Ducks said that it was legit, while Visnovsky and his agent say that it wasn't. A grievance was filed with the NHL so I guess we will see how it all turns out in the next week or so. If Visnovsky is in the right, then he does have a right to be pissed and have the trade voided.

From what I understand, the issue starts with whether Edmonton had a written agreement to honor the NTC in his contract. He was traded from LA to Edmonton the day before his NTC kicked in. It was then up to Edmonton to either honor the NTC or not. If they did honor it, the NTC might have followed him to Anaheim if that was one of the teams on his approved list to be traded to but then again maybe not. Evidently, scenarios like that weren't addressed specifically in the last CBA so is pretty much up to interpretation. That interpretation came via an arbitrator though in September who ruled that he didn't have an NTC with the Ducks. Good trade so the Islanders are his rights holder whether he likes it or not as far as the NHL is concerned.

Seriously? You think all players should have no trade clauses?

Sure. If you forget for a moment that trades are common practice in NHL then the idea that a person can be moved between employers without his/her consent would appear outdated to put it mildly.

Guest The Axe

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Pskov Wings Fan" data-cid="2338595" data-time="1357679570"><p>

Well, NHL rules are not universal. If a player does not need the money he can always just quit the NHL and play for a beer league in his home town. Visnovsky might run into issues trying to continue to play in KHL.<br />

I am not really a big fan of draft and trades without players consent. Player should be able to pick the place where he wants to play.</p></blockquote>

"This just in: Nashville finds Right Winger, Now in Search of Left Defenseman to make 5 skaters. Still in debate with league office over orangutan goalie."

Not the type of defenseman we need. We already have one of the best soft-pucking moving defenses in the league. We need a shut down guy, or a young two-way defenseman. Hopefully Ericsson and Smith can develop into them, and hopefully we don't miss out on a trade defenseman that fits.

That is just silly talk. Our team would be better with him on it this season than without. I don't see how that is even arguable.

Not the type of defenseman we need. We already have one of the best soft-pucking moving defenses in the league. We need a shut down guy, or a young two-way defenseman. Hopefully Ericsson and Smith can develop into them, and hopefully we don't miss out on a trade defenseman that fits.

Man it must suck to be and Islanders fan, hopefully they can start keeping this talent that they are developing, wouldn't mind seeing them come out of the east.

I really think Ericsson is already on his way to becoming a great shut down defensemen. Everyone really under values him on this site. He took a huge step forward last season. Let's not forget what kind of defensive partners he has had to play with and now he's with Kronwall and I think they will prove to be a better pairing than when Kronwall was with Stuart the last few seasons

Guest Crymson
That is just silly talk. Our team would be better with him on it this season than without. I don't see how that is even arguable.

Lubomir is a good defenseman, but not nearly what he once was.