• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Rick Nash traded to the New York Rangers

Rate this topic

Rick Nash scores about 32 goals per game and gets about 65 points per season on average.

32 per game? I know this is a typo, but it still made me laugh!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

really? Amazing that he has never reached 50 in a season then. :lol:

No he didn't, that is his contract he had with Columbus, he didn't sign any new deals and can't for another 5 years. You don't get to sign a new deal just because you were traded.

Look at Cap Geek again...Nash is on the Rangers roster LOL. SO yes he did ink a 6 year deal. As for saying the Rangers wont the Cup...that's putting the cart before the horse. I don't agree with them being handed the cup just yet... we'll have to see the chemistry of the team first.

New York Rangers

Anaheim DucksBoston BruinsBuffalo SabresCalgary FlamesCarolina HurricanesChicago BlackhawksColorado AvalancheColumbus Blue JacketsDallas StarsDetroit Red WingsEdmonton OilersFlorida PanthersLos Angeles KingsMinnesota WildMontreal CanadiensNashville PredatorsNew Jersey DevilsNew York IslandersNew York RangersOttawa SenatorsPhiladelphia FlyersPhoenix CoyotesPittsburgh PenguinsSan Jose SharksSt. Louis BluesTampa Bay LightningToronto Maple LeafsVancouver CanucksWashington CapitalsWinnipeg Jets Cap: Apply

Salary Cap Chart

Look at Cap Geek again...Nash is on the Rangers roster LOL. SO yes he did ink a 6 year deal. As for saying the Rangers wont the Cup...that's putting the cart before the horse. I don't agree with them being handed the cup just yet... we'll have to see the chemistry of the team first.

He is on the Rangers roster because they traded for him.

He inked an 8 year deal with Columbus and had the final 6 years of that deal traded to NY. He didn't sign anything new with the Rangers, and can't until the final year of his current contract.

Wow Anisimov is the 4th piece. Howson really lowered his asking price.

West over to East so Nash won't burn the Jackets all year, 2 capable centremen, Tim Erixon is a great young D that will get lots of mins in Columbus and a 1st round pick no matter how you measure it up is still a 1st round pick. All for 1 guy that doesn't want to play on your team anymore anyways.... I would have wanted Hagelin or Krieder if i was Howson, but clearly that wasn't gonna happen. Rangers can now give those 2 more ice time and they have a pretty nasty looking punch with Nash, Gaborik, Richards and so on.

On a side note, i'm also glad the Wings didn't end up shipping Flip, Gus and a 1st, case they are worth more than what the Rangers sent over. Glad this episode is finally over.

Inked wasn't a good choice of words...either way he's with the Rangers for 6 years with a NTC/NMC.

True, although I believe once you waive your NTC to move to a new team it is no longer valid once traded.

I think the Rangers can trade him to whoever they want now. I could be wrong though.

well for one thing - we got worse this offseason but NSH and CBJ got a lot worse than we did... divisionally we won't have to worry about being in the bottom 2.

That's what I'm thinking too, sure we lost some key players, but other teams in the division lost even more.

Wow. What the heck is Columbus doing? So, their three best forwards are now Derrick Brassard, R.J. Umberger, and Brandon Dubinsky. Yeah, that'll sell tickets.

I understand why they might not want to trade Nash to US, but why even trade him at all if you can't get an elite prospect out of the deal? Dubinsky has a 4.2 million cap hit for the next three years - that's the type of garbage you overpay for no reason other than to get to the salary floor.

Erixon is a blue chip D prospect and the Jackets also have Johansson that can play a big role next year. I have a feeling that they will be icing a lot of prospects in the next couple years.

Nash - Richards - Gaborik

Hagelin - Kreider - Callahan

Pyatt - Stepan - Rupp

Boyle - Halpern - Asham

Staal - Del Zotto

Mcdonagh - Girardi

Stralman - Sauer

Lundqvist

Biron

*gulp* This teams top-6, top-4, and Goaltending is all sexy as f***

I hope they destroy the east next year. have always liked the rangers. let's see what Nash can do with Richards and Gaborik now. That's a strong line.

True, although I believe once you waive your NTC to move to a new team it is no longer valid once traded.

I think the Rangers can trade him to whoever they want now. I could be wrong though.

I think you're right, but can't find much to back it up at this point. I seem to recall seeing something a few years back that says that a player who waives his NTC/NMC effectively voids the clause. However, I did find this snippet on CapGeek...

If a player waives a clause to accept a trade to a new team, it is rare he will do so without a promise that the acquiring team will continue to honour the clause. Brad Richards, when traded from Tampa Bay to Dallas in 2007-08, is an example of this. However, if the player is traded before a clause has kicked in, that clause is automatically ruled void.

If a player still holds the NTC/NMC with the new club, then why would he need a promise from the new team that they will honor the clause? I could be reading it wrong, but I think that goes to show that the clause is considered void, once the player agrees to a trade.

Howson is an idiot. Columbus will be in the toilet of the league for the foreseeable future. Great that the central is weakening so much, hopefully Stan Bowman does something really stupid now to really help us out in terms of Central seeding.

Guest Crymson

Scott Howson is, without a doubt, the worst long-term GM since Mike Milbury. The guy is bad at everything. His draft picks never pan out, his signings never work out, and his trades are terrible.

Scott Howson is, without a doubt, the worst long-term GM since Mike Milbury. The guy is bad at everything. His draft picks never pan out, his signings never work out, and his trades are terrible.

If he didn't deserve it before, I think Howsen just lost his job. Amen

IF Weber inks a deal with the Flyers, the Eastern Conference gets ridiculously loaded.

Only thing left is Doan and Semin, which I heard Semin might jump to the KHL.

Yep, with Nash and Weber going East, the Eastern Conference only gets stronger. It is odd how the Western teams are willing to shoot the conference in the foot and trade star players to the East. This is a big shift from NCAA style conference loyalty.

Do they not realize that there are a significant number of fans that will come to games just to see whatever big name is in town?

Who cares if another team in our division got weaker. How does that help us win a cup? As a matter of fact, it doesn't really help us with the division either considering the Blues are essentially the same team as last year and so are the Hawks. I don't understand why anyone thinks that Columbus getting worse (worse than dead last) is in any way beneficial for us.

Not to defend Howson as he's clearly a terrible GM, but that's a pretty good package for a 70-80 pt player. He got more than any return I can think of for a single player.

I think the only valid complaint is that he was likely offered more and turned it down because he didn't want to trade him within the division.