• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Rick Nash traded to the New York Rangers

Rate this topic

Yep, with Nash and Weber going East, the Eastern Conference only gets stronger. It is odd how the Western teams are willing to shoot the conference in the foot and trade star players to the East. This is a big shift from NCAA style conference loyalty.

Do they not realize that there are a significant number of fans that will come to games just to see whatever big name is in town?

If you're going to trade the best player away, to me it makes the most sense to move him to the other conference where you're going to play against him the least.

I'm not sure why they'd have conference loyalty. If I were a GM trading a star player, I'd sure want to put him in a place where he can do the least amount of damage to my team.

Breaking: Columbus and Nashville to merge into one single team to make up for losses.

The CBJ's get a grinder a floater and AHLer and a pick that will be in the end of the draft.

Anisomov has more playoff goals than Nash.

That team would still suck

Guest Crymson

Does this make Howson worse than Matt Million?

I was referring to GMs within the NHL.

Edit: I think you mean Matt Millen.

Edited by Crymson

Geez, makes me wonder what Hollands "Hell of an offer" was...he could have beaten this without blinking...Howsen is an absolute jack wagon... Franzine/Tatr/Mursak/1st destroys what the Rags gave them....Not unless Holland low-balled again....Bring on Ryan! NOT! It aint gonna happen...our roster is set...I believe it now 100%...as much as I like the Tootoo signing, Holland failed this year...FAIL by low-balling!

Holland just cannot let go of Franzilina....God I hate Franzine!

Guest RedWingsDad

Geez, makes me wonder what Hollands "Hell of an offer" was...he could have beaten this without blinking...Howsen is an absolute jack wagon... Franzine/Tatr/Mursak/1st destroys what the Rags gave them....Not unless Holland low-balled again....Bring on Ryan! NOT! It aint gonna happen...our roster is set...I believe it now 100%...as much as I like the Tootoo signing, Holland failed this year...FAIL by low-balling!

I'm afraid I don't share your skepticism. Holland loaded up on forwards, and is trying to acquire more (Doan). All this should tell us he will make a trade happen... some trade, perhaps not the one we all think. Point is, I highly doubt our roster is currently set.

Howson wasn't going to trade Nash to Detroit. End of story.

Sorry but that's an awful post. Howson flat out refused to trade to us, so our offer is irrelevant in the end. Praise and Suter wanted to play in Minnesota. We offered long term contracts for a lot of money to get them here, maybe a little less on praise but it was unlikely we would sign both.

Just because players arent coming here doesn't mean we have lowballed anybody. It means a gm doesn't want to trade to a rival and the other two wanted to be together and go home.

I suppose it would depend on what Holland's "Hell of an offer" was. But regardless of what the offer was, the fact that it was completely ignored by Howson pretty much told us that we didn't have a chance at getting him.

For sure. The last thing a GM is going to do when he's forced to trade his franchise player is trade him to his biggest division rival so he has to see the guy 6 times a year.

Guest Crymson

How is it that you know what Holland offered or what other teams want? Holland made an offer, but Howson absolutely refused to listen from the Wings that concerned Nash. As for Ryan, just because he wants to be traded doesn't mean that Anaheim will trade him.

:lol: When Howeson refused to even reply to a legitimate offer like Holland made it's pretty clear he has zero intention of making a trade. If I make you a lowball offer and you're even remotely interested in trading with me your response will be to make a counter-offer.

As far as Suter and Parise go? The Wings were the only team other than Minny to get a face-to-face meeting with Suter in the days before he signed with the WIld. Holland obviously didn't "low-ball" Suter or he wouldn't have bothered with a face-to-face.

The Wild handcuffed themselves by taking two guys on for huge cap-hits for the next 13 years. They paid well over market for a life-time contract.

If Holland blows his load on Suter AND Parise at that price he'd have a hell of a time re-signing Datsyuk, Filppula, Smith and Nyquist over the next two years.

It's not Holland's job to give antsy Wings fans something to tweet about by signing every big name player each summer while ignoring how it impacts the team's cap situation for the next 13 years. There's a reason why the Wild landed Suter and Parise instead of a legitimate franchise.

:lol: When Howeson refused to even reply to a legitimate offer like Holland made it's pretty clear he has zero intention of making a trade. If I make you a lowball offer and you're even remotely interested in trading with me your response will be to make a counter-offer.

As far as Suter and Parise go? The Wings were the only team other than Minny to get a face-to-face meeting with Suter in the days before he signed with the WIld. Holland obviously didn't "low-ball" Suter or he wouldn't have bothered with a face-to-face.

The Wild handcuffed themselves by taking two guys on for huge cap-hits for the next 13 years. They paid well over market for a life-time contract.

If Holland blows his load on Suter AND Parise at that price he'd have a hell of a time re-signing Datsyuk, Filppula, Smith and Nyquist over the next two years.

It's not Holland's job to give antsy Wings fans something to tweet about by signing every big name player each summer while ignoring how it impacts the team's cap situation for the next 13 years. There's a reason why the Wild landed Suter and Parise instead of a legitimate franchise.

Great post.

Howson wasn't going to trade Nash to Detroit. End of story.

This.

At the very least it's safe to say Howson wasn't going to trade Nash to Detroit without the Wings making a ridiculously lopsided offer in favor of the Jackets.

There aren't a whole lot of trades that happen within a division, even fewer (if any, ever?) when you're talking about a franchise player.

You gotta feel sorry for the BlueJackets fans, their GM is an absolute clown:

1. refusing the whole Islanders draft picks because he doesn't want to move down 2! spots

2. rather getting robbed heavily, before trading him to a western conference team

There are really only two pieces worth mentioning in this deal:

Dubinski after some kind of a down year could bounce back and of course the first rounder, which will be in the 20 + range.

Can't believe people are again blaming Holland for that, Howson would have never traded him to use deal with it.

Edited by frankgrimes

LOL so what is columbus top 6 now?

Brovo to the rangers great trade. got rid of 2 underachieving forwards and a questionable defenseman.

Should have took fil nyquist and 1st

seems like no one wants to go to the wings this year

Guest Hatethedrake!

At least Kenny is trying. He expressed interest in Yandle at the draft. He was in on Parise and close on Suter. He made an offer for Nash. He has likely inquired about Ryan. Kenny is likely a little frustrated right now but it's just not lining up this summer. I'd be pissed if he wasn't trying at all. It's much easier for me to go on Capgeek and make fantasy moves but it is far from being this easy in reality. Kenny is doing the best he can right now. How does a GM improve his team right now without totally screwing over the future? Everyone applauds Holmgren in Phlly as this genius for signing Weber to an offer sheet. So what happens when guys like Giroux, Schenn, Couturier, etc. contracts expire? Trade them to LA? He has a 7 million dollar wannabe comedian in net in Bryzgalov. Kenny doesn't blow up his team each summer like many teams do. He can't help it that Rick Nash played for Columbus which virtually made any potential trade impossible. He can't help it that the Thunder Buddies wanted to marry each other in Minny. The summer is not over yet. Don't count Kenny out. He has the cap space, the tradeable assets and the wherewithawl to make something happen. He will do SOMETHING. What that is, I don't know.

Glad we didn't end up getting this 7 million dollar 70 point scorer.

It will be interesting to see if the people saying he's a great player are right without the excuse that he can't make the people around him better. He has no excuse with Richards now.

I still don't think he gets more than 30 goals and 75 points. He just isn't a motivated and determined leader.

I'm sick of all those divisional,conference,"arch rivals" crap.

Kenny should explore eastern conference a little bit more and probably pay less than acquiring some western conference big fish via trade.