• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Rick Nash traded to the New York Rangers

Rate this topic

Kuklas' Korner Red Wings blogger George Malik provides some valuable insight to Wings fans. For the most part, I think everyone here seems to get the point. But I'm waiting for someone to see the trade return, and get pissed because Kenny "sat on his ass/hands" and/or "didn't offer enough"...

Remember, Red Wings fans, it wasn't that the Wings didn't make a comparable/better offer. Columbus said "no" to trading Nash to DET.
It wasn't that Kenny Holland didn't make a fine offer. It was that Columbus turned down trading its superstar to their "archrival."

And Kenny even confirms it, via Helene St. James...

Red Wings GM Ken Holland: "I talked to Scott Howson a number of times, we did make an offer for Rick Nash."

Kuklas' Korner Red Wings blogger George Malik provides some valuable insight to Wings fans. For the most part, I think everyone here seems to get the point. But I'm waiting for someone to see the trade return, and get pissed because Kenny didn't offer enough...

Ya we know... Howson would rather tank his team than play rick nash 6 times a season on a depleted wings lineup. what a dumbass.

rags are now best team in the league imo. they have it all: goaltending, offence, d. so strong everywhere.

dubinsky is a s***ty version of callahan - expendable. they have 3 first lines now.

They have a great 1st line, but after that I think their quality drops off significantly at least at forward, their D-corps is very strong as is their goalie though. I think their offense is tied to how well Nash performs there.

Nash - Richards - Gaborik

Hagelin - Boyle - Callahan

Pyatt - Kreider - Rupp

Haley - Stepan - Asham

Halpern

Staal - Girardi

McDonagh - Sauer

Bickel - Del Zotto

Lundqvist

Biron

Wow.....had Detroit been in the East with a realignment we'd have him for a ton less that what we had to offer up to even get the attention of Howson this year.

Wouldn't have mattered. The proposed realignment still had Detroit in the same conference as the Jackets.

photojdk.jpg

Gaborik - Richards - Nash

Kreider - Stepan - Callahan

Hagelin - Boyle - Rupp

Pyatt - Halpern - Asham

Haley

First 2 lines are pretty solid if Kreider is what we think he is. Also JT Miller could come up this season possibly.

Edited by dirtydangles

Does it really matter for Columbus seeing Nash six times per year if they could have gotten a better offer? It's not like they would be directly competing with the Red Wings anytime soon.

I guess I just don't understand the logic. The Red Wings could have easily matched or bettered this deal with the Rangers. Then again, this is why Columbus has never won a playoff game.

Wow. What the heck is Columbus doing? So, their three best forwards are now Derrick Brassard, R.J. Umberger, and Brandon Dubinsky. Yeah, that'll sell tickets.

I understand why they might not want to trade Nash to US, but why even trade him at all if you can't get an elite prospect out of the deal? Dubinsky has a 4.2 million cap hit for the next three years - that's the type of garbage you overpay for no reason other than to get to the salary floor.

Love it, we get better by other teams sucking worse! :lol:

Right on! Our defense doesn't look nearly as bad as Nashville's once Weber is Flying, and our goal scoring won't seem so bad when the Jackets don't break 100 as a team. It's all relative!

Just hand the Blues the Central now ....

esteef

Rick Nash scores about 32 goals per game and gets about 65 points per season on average. The players that Howson got are younger and have some great upswing to them all. Will any of them be a Rick Nash powerhouse player? Its unknown. Anisimov is still not in his prime and Dubinsky is younger but has had a 50 point season. Plus, they get a promising young defender AND a 1st round pick. I don't know if Howson got fleeced, but he could have gotten a little more.

Rick Nash scores about 32 goals per game

really? Amazing that he has never reached 50 in a season then. :lol:

Nash just signed for 6 years.

http://www.capgeek.c...rts.php?Team=22

No he didn't, that is his contract he had with Columbus, he didn't sign any new deals and can't for another 5 years. You don't get to sign a new deal just because you were traded.