Get him now.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#42 StormJH1

StormJH1

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 702 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

Wow. What the heck is Columbus doing? So, their three best forwards are now Derrick Brassard, R.J. Umberger, and Brandon Dubinsky. Yeah, that'll sell tickets.

I understand why they might not want to trade Nash to US, but why even trade him at all if you can't get an elite prospect out of the deal? Dubinsky has a 4.2 million cap hit for the next three years - that's the type of garbage you overpay for no reason other than to get to the salary floor.

#43 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:12 PM

well for one thing - we got worse this offseason but NSH and CBJ got a lot worse than we did... divisionally we won't have to worry about being in the bottom 2.

Edited by dirtydangles, 23 July 2012 - 02:17 PM.

Is there a kickstarter campaign for Jakub Kindl to never play another NHL game?

#44 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:13 PM

well for one thing - we got worse this offseason but NSH and Preds got a lot worse than we did... divisionally we won't have to worry about being in the bottom 2.

Love it, we get better by other teams sucking worse! :lol:

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#45 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:18 PM

Love it, we get better by other teams sucking worse! :lol:

Right on! Our defense doesn't look nearly as bad as Nashville's once Weber is Flying, and our goal scoring won't seem so bad when the Jackets don't break 100 as a team. It's all relative!

Just hand the Blues the Central now ....
esteef

#46 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,097 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Get Ryan.

Get him now.

And Dan Girardi.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#47 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:30 PM

Question for the people who think Howson didn't get enough in return.

When was the last time someone was traded for a better package than this?

#48 Nightfall

Nightfall

My goal is to deny yours!

• Gold Booster
  • 3,756 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:33 PM

Rick Nash scores about 32 goals per game and gets about 65 points per season on average. The players that Howson got are younger and have some great upswing to them all. Will any of them be a Rick Nash powerhouse player? Its unknown. Anisimov is still not in his prime and Dubinsky is younger but has had a 50 point season. Plus, they get a promising young defender AND a 1st round pick. I don't know if Howson got fleeced, but he could have gotten a little more.
Christopher Brian Dudek
My Domain

#49 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:34 PM

Nash just signed for 6 years.
http://www.capgeek.c...rts.php?Team=22

#50 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:38 PM

Rick Nash scores about 32 goals per game

really? Amazing that he has never reached 50 in a season then. :lol:

Nash just signed for 6 years.
http://www.capgeek.c...rts.php?Team=22

No he didn't, that is his contract he had with Columbus, he didn't sign any new deals and can't for another 5 years. You don't get to sign a new deal just because you were traded.

#51 Rebound

Rebound

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:39 PM

Rick Nash scores about 32 goals per game and gets about 65 points per season on average.

32 per game? I know this is a typo, but it still made me laugh!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

#52 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:46 PM

really? Amazing that he has never reached 50 in a season then. :lol:

No he didn't, that is his contract he had with Columbus, he didn't sign any new deals and can't for another 5 years. You don't get to sign a new deal just because you were traded.

Look at Cap Geek again...Nash is on the Rangers roster LOL. SO yes he did ink a 6 year deal. As for saying the Rangers wont the Cup...that's putting the cart before the horse. I don't agree with them being handed the cup just yet... we'll have to see the chemistry of the team first.

New York Rangers

Anaheim DucksBoston BruinsBuffalo SabresCalgary FlamesCarolina HurricanesChicago BlackhawksColorado AvalancheColumbus Blue JacketsDallas StarsDetroit Red WingsEdmonton OilersFlorida PanthersLos Angeles KingsMinnesota WildMontreal CanadiensNashville PredatorsNew Jersey DevilsNew York IslandersNew York RangersOttawa SenatorsPhiladelphia FlyersPhoenix CoyotesPittsburgh PenguinsSan Jose SharksSt. Louis BluesTampa Bay LightningToronto Maple LeafsVancouver CanucksWashington CapitalsWinnipeg Jets Cap: Apply
Salary Cap Chart

#53 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Look at Cap Geek again...Nash is on the Rangers roster LOL. SO yes he did ink a 6 year deal. As for saying the Rangers wont the Cup...that's putting the cart before the horse. I don't agree with them being handed the cup just yet... we'll have to see the chemistry of the team first.

He is on the Rangers roster because they traded for him.

He inked an 8 year deal with Columbus and had the final 6 years of that deal traded to NY. He didn't sign anything new with the Rangers, and can't until the final year of his current contract.

#54 syntax

syntax

Join the Empire!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:49 PM

Another team in the West just got s***tier, good for us.
The Vladinator He earned the NHL Plus/Minus Award in 1995-96, with a plus/minus difference of plus-60. The +60 has been the highest rating a player has finished with in the past 20 seasons, since Wayne Gretzky finished with a +70 in the 1986-87 NHL season

Pavel Datsyuk > x (where x is the name of any active hockey player)

#55 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,764 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:51 PM

Nash - Richards - Gaborik
Hagelin - Kreider - Callahan
Pyatt - Stepan - Rupp
Boyle - Halpern - Asham

Staal - Del Zotto
Mcdonagh - Girardi
Stralman - Sauer

Lundqvist
Biron

*gulp* This teams top-6, top-4, and Goaltending is all sexy as f***

#56 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:52 PM

That's it? Boy good thing Columbus didn't want to trade with us!

Another reason why Columbus sucks and always will!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#57 BostonBruinsDan1924

BostonBruinsDan1924

Rookie

• Pip
  • 178 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Inked wasn't a good choice of words...either way he's with the Rangers for 6 years with a NTC/NMC.

#58 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:54 PM

Wow Anisimov is the 4th piece. Howson really lowered his asking price.

West over to East so Nash won't burn the Jackets all year, 2 capable centremen, Tim Erixon is a great young D that will get lots of mins in Columbus and a 1st round pick no matter how you measure it up is still a 1st round pick. All for 1 guy that doesn't want to play on your team anymore anyways.... I would have wanted Hagelin or Krieder if i was Howson, but clearly that wasn't gonna happen. Rangers can now give those 2 more ice time and they have a pretty nasty looking punch with Nash, Gaborik, Richards and so on.

On a side note, i'm also glad the Wings didn't end up shipping Flip, Gus and a 1st, case they are worth more than what the Rangers sent over. Glad this episode is finally over.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#59 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,153 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:58 PM

Inked wasn't a good choice of words...either way he's with the Rangers for 6 years with a NTC/NMC.

True, although I believe once you waive your NTC to move to a new team it is no longer valid once traded.

I think the Rangers can trade him to whoever they want now. I could be wrong though.

#60 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 03:01 PM

well for one thing - we got worse this offseason but NSH and CBJ got a lot worse than we did... divisionally we won't have to worry about being in the bottom 2.

That's what I'm thinking too, sure we lost some key players, but other teams in the division lost even more.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons