• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Travis

Rick Nash traded to the New York Rangers

Rate this topic

I'm sick of all those divisional,conference,"arch rivals" crap.

Kenny should explore eastern conference a little bit more and probably pay less than acquiring some western conference big fish via trade.

Hartnell or Lucic would be ungodly awesome. (Not that Ryan wouldn't, mind you.)

Edited by Dabura

Breaking: Columbus and Nashville to merge into one single team to make up for losses.

The CBJ's get a grinder a floater and AHLer and a pick that will be in the end of the draft.

Anisomov has more playoff goals than Nash.

The Nashville Grey Jackets?

Hartnell would cost the farm, I agree. (Then again, he's going to be a UFA next summer.) Lucic, I'm not so sure. He's been on and off the block for the last couple of seasons - if rumors, whispers, rumblings are to be believed.

Edited by Dabura

Nah those type of players are pure gold and the price would be as high as for Nash.

But hey,maybe Ken should make a brilliant move and send an offer sheet to E.Kane :lol:

For Lucic, I can see that, but I don't know about Hartnell.

Philly will probably want to dump some cap space and we could help them out with that. But at the same time I'm not sure Hartnell improves this team to the degree we want it to. I would rather sign Semin and/or Doan and then move Filppula/Franzen for a mid-aged defensive asset.

Geez, makes me wonder what Hollands "Hell of an offer" was...he could have beaten this without blinking...Howsen is an absolute jack wagon... Franzine/Tatr/Mursak/1st destroys what the Rags gave them....Not unless Holland low-balled again....Bring on Ryan! NOT! It aint gonna happen...our roster is set...I believe it now 100%...as much as I like the Tootoo signing, Holland failed this year...FAIL by low-balling!

Holland just cannot let go of Franzilina....God I hate Franzine!

From what I heard it was Flip, Nyquist and a 1st.

The return Columbus got back isn't that horrible. Dubinsky definitely has the tools to score 50 points per year consistently. Won't be a superstar, but I've always liked him. I think he needed a change of scenery. Not sure if Columbus will help, but I guess we'll find out. What does Columbus look like now as far as their potential lineup goes?

Umberger-Anisimov-Brassard

Foligno-Johansen-Prospal

Letestu-Dubinsky-Atkinson

Boll-MacKenzie-Dorsett

Bass/C.Gillies

J.Johnson-Wisniewski

Aucoin-Tyutin

Nikitin-J.Moore

Erixon

Steve Mason

Sergei Bobrovsky

The return Columbus got back isn't that horrible. Dubinsky definitely has the tools to score 50 points per year consistently. Won't be a superstar, but I've always liked him. I think he needed a change of scenery. Not sure if Columbus will help, but I guess we'll find out. What does Columbus look like now as far as their potential lineup goes?

Foligno-Johansen-Prospal

Boll-MacKenzie-Dorsett

Bass/C.Gillies

J.Johnson-Wisniewski

Aucoin-Tyutin

Nikitin-J.Moore

Erixon

Steve Mason

Sergei Bobrovsky

That's such a ridiculously bad roster...

That's such a ridiculously bad roster...

It's so laughably awful. The Columbus fan is in for a rough year.

I understand Howson being reluctant to ship Nash to us, but Franzen or Filppula would atleast have helped their team NOW. Anisimov is a depth scorer like Hudler, Dubinsky is a good 3rd liner and there's a reason Erixon has changed teams more times than he's been on the ice in the NHL.

If I was the columbus fan I would have rather gotten a better return and face Nash 6 times a year than to get spare parts and a pick and not see him at all.

Guest irishock

Rangers are my pick to win the Presidents/Stanley combo.

As someone I know said when I first told them "The Rangers RIPPED off the Jackets and Detroit had the superior offer." Seriously at we know that Holland is at least TRYING to do something!

That didn't matter. Columbus wouldn't trade with a division rival.

The return isn't that bad as people make it to believe. Erixon is a very good D prospect that has potential to be as good as , for example, T. Enstrom. Dubinsky and Anisimov are hardworking top-9 guys and 1st round pick never hurts. They need a coach like Babcock to make things happen with that roster.

Yep, with Nash and Weber going East, the Eastern Conference only gets stronger. It is odd how the Western teams are willing to shoot the conference in the foot and trade star players to the East. This is a big shift from NCAA style conference loyalty.

Do they not realize that there are a significant number of fans that will come to games just to see whatever big name is in town?

Stars come and go but imo fans come to see known teams with a little bit of history and a winning record.

The Nashville Grey Jackets?

Talk about rebelling right there.

My the Rangers continue to fail to win it all as they find ways to reload till the explode.

Foligno-Johansen-Prospal

Boll-MacKenzie-Dorsett

Bass/C.Gillies

J.Johnson-Wisniewski

Aucoin-Tyutin

Nikitin-J.Moore

Erixon

Steve Mason

Sergei Bobrovsky

"For me, knowing Detroit’s history they don’t really pay the market value for a defenseman or any player"

- James Wisniewski on NHL Live

Enjoy your fair market value contract on that AHL team you're on.

For sure. The last thing a GM is going to do when he's forced to trade his franchise player is trade him to his biggest division rival so he has to see the guy 6 times a year.

But ultimately, what does it say about your franchise player when your fanchise has done nothing but suck? I could see not wanting to trade a true franchise player to a true rival, but Nash and the supposed rivarlry the Jackets claim to have with the Wings don't count imo.

:lol: When Howeson refused to even reply to a legitimate offer like Holland made it's pretty clear he has zero intention of making a trade. If I make you a lowball offer and you're even remotely interested in trading with me your response will be to make a counter-offer.

As far as Suter and Parise go? The Wings were the only team other than Minny to get a face-to-face meeting with Suter in the days before he signed with the WIld. Holland obviously didn't "low-ball" Suter or he wouldn't have bothered with a face-to-face.

The Wild handcuffed themselves by taking two guys on for huge cap-hits for the next 13 years. They paid well over market for a life-time contract.

If Holland blows his load on Suter AND Parise at that price he'd have a hell of a time re-signing Datsyuk, Filppula, Smith and Nyquist over the next two years.

It's not Holland's job to give antsy Wings fans something to tweet about by signing every big name player each summer while ignoring how it impacts the team's cap situation for the next 13 years. There's a reason why the Wild landed Suter and Parise instead of a legitimate franchise.

Reason and logic are not allowed on this board. How dare you!