• Please log in to reply
127 replies to this topic

#121 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:14 AM

Good trade by the Rangers and good for Nash.... Always liked the Rags...

As for Columbus, ouch! That GM is really making a mess...

Edited by Rivalred, 24 July 2012 - 10:15 AM.

D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#122 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,934 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:01 AM

For sure. The last thing a GM is going to do when he's forced to trade his franchise player is trade him to his biggest division rival so he has to see the guy 6 times a year.

But ultimately, what does it say about your franchise player when your fanchise has done nothing but suck? I could see not wanting to trade a true franchise player to a true rival, but Nash and the supposed rivarlry the Jackets claim to have with the Wings don't count imo.

Money on the Board 2014: $5 per series, $5 per sweep, $5 per Kronwalling, $10 per Marchand Kronwalling, $1 per Zetterberg game, $1 per 2013 Calder Cup roster player goal

#123 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 12:17 PM

Can't you just feel the love? From Sportsnet:

Later today, Scott Howson will trade his vault of Wayne Gretzky rookie cards for an Atari video game system & half-bag of Jolly Ranchers.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#124 nuts2u

nuts2u

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:12 PM

:lol: When Howeson refused to even reply to a legitimate offer like Holland made it's pretty clear he has zero intention of making a trade. If I make you a lowball offer and you're even remotely interested in trading with me your response will be to make a counter-offer.

As far as Suter and Parise go? The Wings were the only team other than Minny to get a face-to-face meeting with Suter in the days before he signed with the WIld. Holland obviously didn't "low-ball" Suter or he wouldn't have bothered with a face-to-face.

The Wild handcuffed themselves by taking two guys on for huge cap-hits for the next 13 years. They paid well over market for a life-time contract.

If Holland blows his load on Suter AND Parise at that price he'd have a hell of a time re-signing Datsyuk, Filppula, Smith and Nyquist over the next two years.

It's not Holland's job to give antsy Wings fans something to tweet about by signing every big name player each summer while ignoring how it impacts the team's cap situation for the next 13 years. There's a reason why the Wild landed Suter and Parise instead of a legitimate franchise.

Reason and logic are not allowed on this board. How dare you!

#125 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 302 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:26 PM

Nash getting out of Columbus is the equivalent of dropping a load after being constipated for nine years... I'm happy for him and wish him well with the Rags.

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#126 Rivalred

Rivalred

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,102 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

Nash getting out of Columbus is the equivalent of dropping a load after being constipated for nine years... I'm happy for him and wish him well with the Rags.

Just imagine it the Rangers can keep it together and go to the SCF next year how happy Nash will be?
D-Fence Avatar Win-O-Meter 8-1

#127 jthiel86

jthiel86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 100 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 12:31 AM

Here is a piece on what Holland was thinking when trying to get Nash. I can see why it didn't work. Most of the speculators on here were right on the pieces needed to get Nash.

Source - http://www.freep.com...ow-a-N-Y-Ranger

Sorry if this was posted already.

#128 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

GooZe! Z Jr. ~ Acting Captain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,013 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 07:57 AM

Here is a piece on what Holland was thinking when trying to get Nash. I can see why it didn't work. Most of the speculators on here were right on the pieces needed to get Nash.

Source - http://www.freep.com...ow-a-N-Y-Ranger

Sorry if this was posted already.

Filppula > Dubinsky
Nyquist > Anisimov
Smith > Erixon
1st rounders are equal

No s*** Kenny didn't want to give that to Columbus.

This offseason will determine whether Ken Holland should still be employed with the Wings organization.

Please put Smith on the Power Play!