• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Predators match offer sheet to Shea Weber

Rate this topic

Getting stuck in Nashville with their self-imposed salary cap means Weber, while getting paid, takes up a much greater percentage of their cap hit & will be surrounded by much less talent than he would be with a team that spends to the cap obviously. Have to believe that either Nashville plans to change their spending habits (doubtful) or that they do plan on finding a trading partner in one year that can give them more than the 4 #1's they would have gotten if they hadn't matched.

I think they can still sign bigger names, even with the huge cap hit Weber brings. I could be wrong, but I think they can still land a big name or a few.

The Preds just slammed Weber's head into the glass. Love it.

Weber just got Nashvilled!

Ha

And then have teams refuse to trade with Tampa because they'll all think he's just a Wing flunky.

And what happens when Stevie Y decides that he'd rather have so & so player for Tampa Bay and doesn't want to give them up to Detroit? The man's loyalty to his team knows no end...

There are 26 (or 27) million reasons the next year!

I agree, what else can he say? He wanted to leave NSH but had no choice!

He did have a choice. He could have not signed the offer sheet. He's never said he wanted out of Nashville.

The Preds just slammed Weber's head into the glass. Love it.

If getting paid 27 million in the next year is getting smashed into the glass, then I'm lining up to get my head smashed also.

And be real, you don't love anything about this.

they need another dman... and a goalie for that matter. not getting Weber put them from ECF against the Rangers to 2nd round exit again.

I still think they're going hard for Ryan. They've got the cap space. Also, Yandle could be a target for them, as well.

Edited by Bring Back The Bruise Bros

it really depends what they have to give up to get ryan. yandle seems lie a more likely target after losing out on weber.

True. Its been said that Anaheim is looking for a top 6 forward in return. Taking into account that Hartnell has one year left on his contract, he could possibly be part of a deal. Too hard to tell at this moment.

The Preds had no choice but to match. The team they have been building would have been done without him. I wonder though how the fans will treat Mr. Fatwallet now after he boxed the team he is captain of into paying him. It shows loyalty! :rolleyes:

The other part of this saga is that this may be the last year for these contracts because of the new CBA. Obviously Weber thought that he had to get the big contract this year. He is either "stuck" playing for a team that he doesn't want to play for OR he forced the team that he wanted to stay with to pay him a huge amount of money.

Which is it?

Question: If Nashville tanks this season and Weber does want out... what does it take to get Weber into a Detroit jersey next off-season?

My guess would be to get good ol' Stevie Y on the phone and work out a nice three way deal again.

In fact, I think maybe Holland should try this approach more frequently as so many teams seem unwilling trade with us.

Dude you are *so* negative. ...and I can't believe you want to trade Flip over your new whipping boy "Franzine." ;)

Whoops. Just noticed Franzine is in the second option... which is still mystifying to me.

I dont.wanna trade Flip, but Anaheim will want him to play with.Selanne. Also, Ryan is 100,000,000 times better than Franzine....

I dont.wanna trade Flip, but Anaheim will want him to play with.Selanne. Also, Ryan is 100,000,000 times better than Franzine....

While I agree that Ryan is a slightly better player than Franzen, I think you and many others would sour on him within weeks since he's very similar to Johan.

They both score in bunches and then experience long stretches where they produce nothing. The main value I see in Ryan over Franzen is his age and his right hand shot. I prefer Franzen's salary, but we have so much cap space that the extra million isn't a factor at all.

Have you seen Ryan a lot? I've heard a lot of opinions on Ryan calling him lazy and streaky, does nothing when he's not scoring goals. Remind you of someone?

Besides, Anaheim will want more than just Flip. A lot more. In a straight up comparison, Ryan beats Franzen in most regards even though it's not by a lot. But can we improve our team by trading for Ryan? Doubtful.

Guest Crymson

Have you seen Ryan a lot? I've heard a lot of opinions on Ryan calling him lazy and streaky, does nothing when he's not scoring goals. Remind you of someone?

Probably not. The guy you're dealing with has a serious case of grass-is-greener syndrome.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/on_demand/

This is an interview Brett Wilson, minority preds owner, did today with a Canadian radio station. I think it says a lot about the direction of the predators franchise. Nashville is not a feeder team that can be raided and bullied. His comments about Philadelphia underestimating the depth of the preds pockets, and depth of commitment from the entire preds organization as a whole are interesting. He also said the preds offered 104 million to weber, obviously not as much front loaded. But he does speak about the bonus potentially violating the spirit of the CbA.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/on_demand/

You can tell that Weber and company are disappointed by this. Big time.

If you go to the link and then play the TSN Radio 1050: Kevin Epp Video on the right.......just listen....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401354

And they expect a no-trade clause. I can't stand players like Nash, Weber and most of all Dany Heatley. Sign these big ass deals, in a year or few demand a trade, but only to a list of teams that are great. It's a joke.

"On the bright side it's still a 110 million dollar contract....."

"Yeah, you got it."

BOO HOO HOO.

You can tell that Weber and company are disappointed by this. Big time.

If you go to the link and then play the TSN Radio 1050: Kevin Epp Video on the right.......just listen....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401354

And they expect a no-trade clause. I can't stand players like Nash, Weber and most of all Dany Heatley. Sign these big ass deals, in a year or few demand a trade, but only to a list of teams that are great. It's a joke.

"On the bright side it's still a 110 million dollar contract....."

"Yeah, you got it."

BOO HOO HOO.

Wow, seriously screw Weber. All he had to do was grin and bear it in Nashville one more year and then he would have had his pickings of teams.

I get that the CBA negotiations will change contract terms but, I mean come on, the guy would have been given a huge pay day regardless.

Man, suck it up and spend your summers in Philly is you love it so much.

Edited by ShanahanMan