• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Predators match offer sheet to Shea Weber

Rate this topic

Well if Weber wanted out, why didn't he just sign the OS and tell Poile "look this is the team I want to play for don't match"?

To be honest after seeing his pricetag I'd rather have Suter.

for an average cap hit of .3 mil per year more, i'd take the superior dman Weber over Suter any day of the week.

According to Darren Dreger, the Flyers offered Matt Read, Andrej Meszaros, a 1st, two 2nds and a 3rd for Weber -- a package Nashville declined.

Wow.... Here Poile, have one of the fastest skating young players in the league and oh, he can score too playing 3rd line mins. Also, we'll give you a really solid dman that occasionally leads the league in blocked shots and can also put up decent points. You can have 4 picks too within the first 3 rounds which will also help you build depth....

I don't know what you guys think, but if that's me getting that offer, i'm taking it and rebuilding my team cause Weber doesn't want to be there now that Suter's gone and the return isn't bad. Read is gonna be a 25-30 goal scorer very soon and has potential to get more.

Wow.... Here Poile, have one of the fastest skating young players in the league and oh, he can score too playing 3rd line mins. Also, we'll give you a really solid dman that occasionally leads the league in blocked shots and can also put up decent points. You can have 4 picks too within the first 3 rounds which will also help you build depth....

I don't know what you guys think, but if that's me getting that offer, i'm taking it and rebuilding my team cause Weber doesn't want to be there now that Suter's gone and the return isn't bad. Read is gonna be a 25-30 goal scorer very soon and has potential to get more.

No way. Not even close to a fair return for weber. The picks aren't lottery type picks and try selling those players to the pred fanbase. Poile wanted schenn and SeanC. If Philly wanted weber that bad, they would have had to come off something.

You can tell that Weber and company are disappointed by this. Big time.

If you go to the link and then play the TSN Radio 1050: Kevin Epp Video on the right.......just listen....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401354

And they expect a no-trade clause. I can't stand players like Nash, Weber and most of all Dany Heatley. Sign these big ass deals, in a year or few demand a trade, but only to a list of teams that are great. It's a joke.

"On the bright side it's still a 110 million dollar contract....."

"Yeah, you got it."

BOO HOO HOO.

Weber's 2 agents are absolute idiots. Remember, poile had a solid working relationship with weber's previous agent before weber fired him right before negogiations started last summer, leading to the arbitration fiasco. How weber can trust his future and money to these guys is beyond me. I put zero stock in anything that squirts out of the mouths of these two bozo's.

But they work for Weber. If Weber doesn't like or agree with what they're saying, it's up to him to get them to stop talking or fire them. He's been oddly silent, while those two "bozo's" haven't.

He's talking today. Media presser at 3 central.

Of course he is - after the signing. I would think that if Weber were truly upset by what his agents were saying, he would have given an interview of his own right after the fact, not days later. He needs to mend fences. Whether he actually wants to be there or not, and conventional wisdom and general consensus dictate not, he's in Nashville, for good or ill, for the next year. He can't tank the season because if he wants a trade, who's going to trade for someone who had a crappy season, particularly with his fat contract? This presser is a serious backpedal and an olive branch, nothing more.

No way. Not even close to a fair return for weber. The picks aren't lottery type picks and try selling those players to the pred fanbase. Poile wanted schenn and SeanC. If Philly wanted weber that bad, they would have had to come off something.

Weber's 2 agents are absolute idiots. Remember, poile had a solid working relationship with weber's previous agent before weber fired him right before negogiations started last summer, leading to the arbitration fiasco. How weber can trust his future and money to these guys is beyond me. I put zero stock in anything that squirts out of the mouths of these two bozo's.

Did you even listen to the link I provided? They are not happy. Weber is trying to "Digest" the news.

Screw Weber.

Weber's your hometown hero...you'd probably take nothing less than Crosby or Stamkos for him. Fact of the matter is your team is going to be better with a really good player return at both positions and 4 draft picks. Even if only 25% of the picks turn out, not sure how good the Preds scouting is, you still get a good haul. And much like our Filppula, if you give Read ice time, he can top 60 pts for sure. How many of those do you have in Nashville?

Losing Radulov (dickhead) and Suter in the same offseason and also Tootoo, your teams depth took a hit and getting a big package deal and having a dozen picks next year could build a playoff team a lot faster than paying a guy 26 mil next year that clearly wanted to play for the Flyers.

Did anyone hear the Preds Press Conference? One of the two guys who spoke (not sure names, don't really care), made a comment about how matching the Weber offer sheet shows that they won't let the big markets push them around. Ummm, if it wasn't for the big markets and their willingness to agree to a Salary Cap, your team would be in Hamilton right now. Who do you think is paying your bills? :nono:

I wonder if that comment will get them in trouble? If the big markets wanted to stop the Salary Cap, teams like Nashville are screwed!

Weber's your hometown hero...you'd probably take nothing less than Crosby or Stamkos for him. Fact of the matter is your team is going to be better with a really good player return at both positions and 4 draft picks. Even if only 25% of the picks turn out, not sure how good the Preds scouting is, you still get a good haul. And much like our Filppula, if you give Read ice time, he can top 60 pts for sure. How many of those do you have in Nashville?

Losing Radulov (dickhead) and Suter in the same offseason and also Tootoo, your teams depth took a hit and getting a big package deal and having a dozen picks next year could build a playoff team a lot faster than paying a guy 26 mil next year that clearly wanted to play for the Flyers.

I'm telling you what poile wanted in return. Philly didn't want to give up schenn or seanC. All im saying is that if they really wanted weber, then they had their chance. The preds fanbase would have revolted if they took philly's offer.

As for losing the players we did, yes losing suter is tough but we still have weber which is more than anyone else, save boston, can say. And radulov? Really? He played all of 8 regular season games last year. Without him, our PP was number 1 in the league. We had 10 guys with double digit goals before he came. We told him to walk to a reason. Same goes for tootoo. He whined his ass off when he was scratched in the playoffs. Remember? We won in 5 games without him. Don't let the door hit ya...and if I remember right, babcock's comments after the defeat pretty much told the story of how our bottom 6 wore you guys out. The same bottom 6 that are all under contract next year, so please, talk to me some more about our depth problems and I'll keep telling you that you have no idea what your talking about.

Did anyone hear the Preds Press Conference? One of the two guys who spoke (not sure names, don't really care), made a comment about how matching the Weber offer sheet shows that they won't let the big markets push them around. Ummm, if it wasn't for the big markets and their willingness to agree to a Salary Cap, your team would be in Hamilton right now. Who do you think is paying your bills? :nono:

I wonder if that comment will get them in trouble? If the big markets wanted to stop the Salary Cap, teams like Nashville are screwed!

Omg, can you cry some more?

If your gonna bring up a press conference, then at least make some effort to know who's actually running the press conference! If you don't wanna take the time to figure it out, then I won't give you the time to you to acknowledge whatever it is you have to say about it.

And btw, the billionaire that was at that press conference is the one paying the bills. When you start writing checks, I'll listen.

I'm telling you what poile wanted in return. Philly didn't want to give up schenn or seanC. All im saying is that if they really wanted weber, then they had their chance. The preds fanbase would have revolted if they took philly's offer.

As for losing the players we did, yes losing suter is tough but we still have weber which is more than anyone else, save boston, can say. And radulov? Really? He played all of 8 regular season games last year. Without him, our PP was number 1 in the league. We had 10 guys with double digit goals before he came. We told him to walk to a reason. Same goes for tootoo. He whined his ass off when he was scratched in the playoffs. Remember? We won in 5 games without him. Don't let the door hit ya...and if I remember right, babcock's comments after the defeat pretty much told the story of how our bottom 6 wore you guys out. The same bottom 6 that are all under contract next year, so please, talk to me some more about our depth problems and I'll keep telling you that you have no idea what your talking about.

No disrespect for Nashville or Nashville fans, but your team is the Florida/Miami Marlins of the NHL, minus the rings. You absolutely cleaned our clocks in the 1st round, I have no interest in disputing that. But to use that as any kind of argument going forward doesn't make a whole lot of sense because we've seen these "fake surges" from you before. With the exception of Rinne (who seems to be an excellent goaltender, even though I don't really believe in long-term deals for supposedly "elite" goalies) and Martin freakin' Erat who have the Preds actually developed and retained recently? Ownership puts on these dog-and-pony shows for the fans who actually care (yourself included, I assume) by picking up a Forsberg or Gaustad at the deadline. But then those guys are gone, and so is anyone else of consequence.

I think Shea Weber is an excellent defenseman. He would have been a terrific building block if he actually wanted to be there. But if I were a Predators fan, I think that I would be of the opinion that it would be better to go find an Eric Lindros-type haul and build myself with picks and assets the way the Nords/Avalance did in the 90's. If that means bottoming out for a few years...even better. You'll end up with a Yakupov or Stamkos-type star on a reasonable contract for the next 3 years. This team WILL miss Suter, and the offense is a lot of smoke and mirrors. They're good enough to hover around and get into the playoffs, which is just good enough to ensure you won't get any top level picks for all those years.

No disrespect for Nashville or Nashville fans, but your team is the Florida/Miami Marlins of the NHL, minus the rings. You absolutely cleaned our clocks in the 1st round, I have no interest in disputing that. But to use that as any kind of argument going forward doesn't make a whole lot of sense because we've seen these "fake surges" from you before. With the exception of Rinne (who seems to be an excellent goaltender, even though I don't really believe in long-term deals for supposedly "elite" goalies) and Martin freakin' Erat who have the Preds actually developed and retained recently? Ownership puts on these dog-and-pony shows for the fans who actually care (yourself included, I assume) by picking up a Forsberg or Gaustad at the deadline. But then those guys are gone, and so is anyone else of consequence.

I think Shea Weber is an excellent defenseman. He would have been a terrific building block if he actually wanted to be there. But if I were a Predators fan, I think that I would be of the opinion that it would be better to go find an Eric Lindros-type haul and build myself with picks and assets the way the Nords/Avalance did in the 90's. If that means bottoming out for a few years...even better. You'll end up with a Yakupov or Stamkos-type star on a reasonable contract for the next 3 years. This team WILL miss Suter, and the offense is a lot of smoke and mirrors. They're good enough to hover around and get into the playoffs, which is just good enough to ensure you won't get any top level picks for all those years.

I, nor any other true preds fan, would have had a problem if weber was dealt in a lindros type deal. I even posted the exact same thing on these boards before weber even signed the offer sheet with Philly. That type deal never came though. The picks we would have picked up would have been in the 20-30 pick range. Sure you may get a decent player there, but not a stamkos or yakupov.

And when we someone prefaces their statement with "no respect", then odds are they are fixing to say something disrespectful. ie...your Florida marlins comment

And no disrespect , but I'm sure your better at whatever it is you do for a living so ill let someone else determine what's best off for the franchise I care deeply about.

And when we someone prefaces their statement with "no respect", then odds are they are fixing to say something disrespectful. ie...your Florida marlins comment

And no disrespect , but I'm sure your better at whatever it is you do for a living so ill let someone else determine what's best off for the franchise I care deeply about.

Question. If you care so deeply about your franchise, why are you on our boards talking sh*t to Wings fans?

Yeah, you cleaned our clocks in the 1st round, but you know what? Columbus could have taken us four games out of seven the way that we played. I admit we played like crap and I assure you, that upset was NOTHING to get your panties in a wad about. Predator fans act like they won the cup just because they knocked us out. Big whoop.

But they work for Weber. If Weber doesn't like or agree with what they're saying, it's up to him to get them to stop talking or fire them. He's been oddly silent, while those two "bozo's" haven't.

here is what shea weber had to say after the preds matched the offersheet:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120725/SPORTS02/307250151/Nashville-Predators-Shea-Weber-wants-finish-career-Music-City

You know, for $10 a pop, I could make some serious money writing speeches like that.

"I love the ______________. I love the direction the team is going and I believe ___________ and ____________ will do whatever it takes to bring us the Cup. I'm excited to be a part of the ___________ organization and hope to remain with them for years to come.

I love the city of ______________. I love the fans. We have a great following and they have made me feel at home here.

I look forward to the next ____ years in this great city playing for this great team.

That'll be 10 bucks.

Edited by vladdy16
Needed to add the invoice

Don't fool yourself, people. He didn't care about Philly or Nashville. He cared about using the stupidity of one GM to land himself a fat contract before the CBA is up. Of course he's going to come out and say he loves Nashville and wants to end his career there. I'd say anything you want after landing $110 million dollars.