• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest Crymson

Predators match offer sheet to Shea Weber

Rate this topic

Question. If you care so deeply about your franchise, why are you on our boards talking sh*t to Wings fans?

Yeah, you cleaned our clocks in the 1st round, but you know what? Columbus could have taken us four games out of seven the way that we played. I admit we played like crap and I assure you, that upset was NOTHING to get your panties in a wad about. Predator fans act like they won the cup just because they knocked us out. Big whoop.

I haven't "talked s***" to anyone. I'm not 12 yrs old. I've been more than respectful here. Everyone else here seems to appreciate that except for you. You took your cheap shots so I'm sorry if I was direct in my reply by telling you something you didn't wanna hear. The truth hurts sometimes.

And I haven't rubbed our playoff win in anyones face. I have respect for the DRW. I'm not a 12 yr old picking internet fights. I enjoy the back and forth hockey talk regardless of team affiliation. Don't be the one bad apple...

I haven't "talked s***" to anyone. I'm not 12 yrs old. I've been more than respectful here. Everyone else here seems to appreciate that except for you. You took your cheap shots so I'm sorry if I was direct in my reply by telling you something you didn't wanna hear. The truth hurts sometimes.

And I haven't rubbed our playoff win in anyones face. I have respect for the DRW. I'm not a 12 yr old picking internet fights. I enjoy the back and forth hockey talk regardless of team affiliation. Don't be the one bad apple...

I haven't taken any "cheap shots" at you and I have been quite respectful as well, but as you so accurately said "when you begin a sentence with no disrespect", you know you're about to ruffle some feathers...

No bad apple here and you've said nothing to hurt me, my team's play is what hurts.

Peace man.

Your posts have been a good read and glad to have a different insight around here. Nashville is trying to make strides to stay competitive. It is a new era

Glad to see him stay with the preds. Not only because he is there capt and the face of there franchise but...i don't wanna see another great western player go over to the east! You don't know the power of the darkside!

Edited by Hey man nice shot!

Guest Hatethedrake!

Poile lowballs Weber last summer and ends up paying through his nose in the end. Good for Weber. I'm just glad Philly didn't get him.

Poile lowballs Weber last summer and ends up paying through his nose in the end. Good for Weber. I'm just glad Philly didn't get him.

Agreed. Poile screwed himself. He probably would've still had to throw around big money to keep him but he could've structured the deal to make it a lot less painful up front. And he would've locked him up before Suter bolted, so you'd have to think Weber would've been more inclined on staying with Nashville.

It took the Flyers crazy offer to force the Preds ownership into putting on their big boy pants and finally throwing some money around.

And honestly if he wasn't going to be on the Wings, I sure wouldn't have minded Weber going to the Eastern Conference.

It isn't disrespectful to offer a negative opinion about one's TEAM by prefacing that it isn't opinion against a city or fanbase. The NAS poster has been well-behaved and insightful. But he also wants his team succeed and my (our) team to fail. Disagreements are okay!

My opinion was that Nashville doesnt have the will or resources to pay their players. If you don't agree with that, observe that they tried to lowball their franchise player for years, and then apparently did have the money to pay what was essentially open market value for him. It is what it is.

Oh, and by the way, they still need other contracts to get even up to the floor of what you are required to pay in salaries to operate an NHL franchise.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by StormJH1

It isn't disrespectful to offer a negative opinion about one's TEAM by prefacing that it isn't opinion against a city or fanbase. The NAS poster has been well-behaved and insightful. But he also wants his team succeed and my (our) team to fail. Disagreements are okay!

My opinion was that Nashville doesnt have the will or resources to pay their players. If you don't agree with that, observe that they tried to lowball their franchise player for years, and then apparently did have the money to pay what was essentially open market value for him. It is what it is.

Oh, and by the way, they still need other contracts to get even up to the floor of what you are required to pay in salaries to operate an NHL franchise.

Sent on iPhone using Tapatalk

I understand what your saying and I apologize if I came across a little harsh. I understand what you are saying about Nashville lacking the will, but my entire point was simply to state that this is a new era for the teams ownership and operations. 5 yrs ago, I would completely agree with you.

And please don't think I have any ill will towards your team. In my perfect hockey world, the preds and wings would be 1 and 2 every year. Unlike a team like Chicago, who I have zero respect for, I have no problem embracing the tradition and history of the DRW. And I have no problem saying that as a pred fan. That being said, I hope my team crushes your team every time we face off. I'm sure you'd say the same thing.

And yeah, we have a little work to do to get to the floor, but not much. I know poile has an offer ready for Doan should he choose to leave phx. Doan has a relationship with weber and more importantly, he is very close with Trotz. It would t surprise me to see him in Nashville should he leave the yotes.

I understand what your saying and I apologize if I came across a little harsh. I understand what you are saying about Nashville lacking the will, but my entire point was simply to state that this is a new era for the teams ownership and operations. 5 yrs ago, I would completely agree with you.

And please don't think I have any ill will towards your team. In my perfect hockey world, the preds and wings would be 1 and 2 every year. Unlike a team like Chicago, who I have zero respect for, I have no problem embracing the tradition and history of the DRW. And I have no problem saying that as a pred fan. That being said, I hope my team crushes your team every time we face off. I'm sure you'd say the same thing.

And yeah, we have a little work to do to get to the floor, but not much. I know poile has an offer ready for Doan should he choose to leave phx. Doan has a relationship with weber and more importantly, he is very close with Trotz. It would t surprise me to see him in Nashville should he leave the yotes.

Shane Doan and mike fisher are friends also,they both believe in the same faith,should he leave phoneix,nashville would be a great place for him to come to

Shane Doan and mike fisher are friends also,they both believe in the same faith,should he leave phoneix,nashville would be a great place for him to come to

Friendship is kicking our collective ass this summer.

Edited by Dabura

That's a good point, I do remember seeing a television piece with fisher and Doan doing work for their respective religions. I still think Doan stays in phx, but not out of the question that he is a pred next season

The offer sheet has now been finalized, and Weber is officially under contract. However, Josh Cooper at The Tenessean found out one interesting tidbit from the deal...

Predators defenseman Shea Weber’s offer sheet has been formalized into a contract, but it does not include a no-trade or a no-movement clause, his agent Jarrett Bousquet said Wednesday.

After Nashville matched Philadelphia’s 14-year, $110 million offer sheet on July 24, the Predators and Weber’s representatives had to decide on the terms of his contract for it to be official. Weber’s agents said they would ask Nashville for a no-movement or no-trade clause.

According to the current CBA, Weber can't be traded during the first year of the contract. But who knows, even that might change with the new CBA if/when...

Everyone who isn't blind can see that Weber didn't want to play for the Preds anymore. He risked being signed with them by signing the offer sheet but it also guaranteed him a beautiful paycheck. Going to be some tension in the room next season for them regardless, and quite frankly I just don't see Weber giving them his all as his heart won't be there. Most likely going to be a Rick Nash 2.0

I really don't want to come off bad here but if Shea wanted out he would have *never* signed this deal. Basically if a player - in this case Weber - wants out quietly, they are using other tacticsy, ie Carter or Rick Nash.

Shea wanted a fair deal for what he is, Nashville Predators didn't offer that so he forced their hand. At this point he would have told his agent(s) to tell Poile don't match it because our client wants out and you don't want an unhappy player in your locker room.

In terms of NTC NMC they really screwed up as an agent your job is to know the details of CBA rules. I am sure the non inclusion of such an *id matched* caught him by surprise. Which is fine because it's the agents job to get a hold on such things.

There is a reason why NPS is considered the best players agency so far...Titan Sports has long ways to go and they didn't help themselves with this. Weber *is* their star client and they should have done everything to get him a perfect deal.

Yes TS succeeded moneywise but in terms of clause not so much.

Anyway Shea has 110 million reasons to forget it *but* his future *is* now controlled by the Predators.

Sent from my BlackBerry

Edited by frankgrimes

Even if he has a no trade clause, there is no way I'd want him anymore with that contract. It'd take a hell of a package to get him in the first place and then we'd be stuck with him for 13 more years! I'd be in my 40's by the time the contract is up. :scared: (he would be too)

14 years is just ridiculous for any contract.

Everyone who isn't blind can see that Weber didn't want to play for the Preds anymore. He risked being signed with them by signing the offer sheet but it also guaranteed him a beautiful paycheck. Going to be some tension in the room next season for them regardless, and quite frankly I just don't see Weber giving them his all as his heart won't be there. Most likely going to be a Rick Nash 2.0

I'll hang myself by the balls off a 13 story building the minute I see Weber not give his "all" on the ice. He made a business decision, simple as that. Pretty damn good one.

I'll hang myself by the balls off a 13 story building the minute I see Weber not give his "all" on the ice. He made a business decision, simple as that. Pretty damn good one.

Quoted for posterity. Just in case. He has his payday AND no no-trade clause. If he's there more than 3 years, I'll be shocked, provided someone will take on that albatross of a contract under the terms of whatever the new CBA turns out to be.