• Please log in to reply
120 replies to this topic

#61 Red Crazy

Red Crazy

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 07:23 PM

The Preds had no choice but to match. The team they have been building would have been done without him. I wonder though how the fans will treat Mr. Fatwallet now after he boxed the team he is captain of into paying him. It shows loyalty! :rolleyes:

#62 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:07 PM

The other part of this saga is that this may be the last year for these contracts because of the new CBA. Obviously Weber thought that he had to get the big contract this year. He is either "stuck" playing for a team that he doesn't want to play for OR he forced the team that he wanted to stay with to pay him a huge amount of money.

Which is it?
Do or do not. There is no try

#63 PredsFanTheBayouState

PredsFanTheBayouState

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:10 PM

the shea weber flyer jerseys are going to a good cause:

Posted Image

#64 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:46 PM

Well if Weber wanted out, why didn't he just sign the OS and tell Poile "look this is the team I want to play for don't match"?

To be honest after seeing his pricetag I'd rather have Suter.

kftx.jpg

The Offseason of truth ...

Welcome to hockeytown Jonas aka Lundquist 2 Gustavsson!

blank cheque for The Captain or Jim Star Nil please..

#65 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,922 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:49 PM

I probably shouldn't encourage the anti-Crosby obsession here but this was just too funny.

From https://twitter.com/hockeymemes

Attached File  cute couple.jpeg   55.7KB   27 downloads

#66 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

I probably shouldn't encourage the anti-Crosby obsession here but this was just too funny.

Hurting two superstars with guys like MacIntyre or Engelland in their lineup is probably not the best idea :-)

kftx.jpg

#67 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 08:52 PM

Question: If Nashville tanks this season and Weber does want out... what does it take to get Weber into a Detroit jersey next off-season?

My guess would be to get good ol' Stevie Y on the phone and work out a nice three way deal again.
In fact, I think maybe Holland should try this approach more frequently as so many teams seem unwilling trade with us.

Dude you are *so* negative. ...and I can't believe you want to trade Flip over your new whipping boy "Franzine." ;)

Whoops. Just noticed Franzine is in the second option... which is still mystifying to me.

I dont.wanna trade Flip, but Anaheim will want him to play with.Selanne. Also, Ryan is 100,000,000 times better than Franzine....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#68 FlashyG

FlashyG

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:24 PM

I dont.wanna trade Flip, but Anaheim will want him to play with.Selanne. Also, Ryan is 100,000,000 times better than Franzine....

While I agree that Ryan is a slightly better player than Franzen, I think you and many others would sour on him within weeks since he's very similar to Johan.

They both score in bunches and then experience long stretches where they produce nothing. The main value I see in Ryan over Franzen is his age and his right hand shot. I prefer Franzen's salary, but we have so much cap space that the extra million isn't a factor at all.

#69 frankgrimes

frankgrimes

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,889 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

Ryan I really feel sorry for him, is the new scapegoat in Anaheim. I really like him think he is a great player with a very managable salary for what he brings.

kftx.jpg

#70 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:23 PM

I just spit my drink, thanks for that! lol

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#71 dat's sick

dat's sick

Fear can hold you prisoner, hope can set you free

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,335 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 11:57 PM

Have you seen Ryan a lot? I've heard a lot of opinions on Ryan calling him lazy and streaky, does nothing when he's not scoring goals. Remind you of someone?

Besides, Anaheim will want more than just Flip. A lot more. In a straight up comparison, Ryan beats Franzen in most regards even though it's not by a lot. But can we improve our team by trading for Ryan? Doubtful.

#72 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 01:47 AM

Have you seen Ryan a lot? I've heard a lot of opinions on Ryan calling him lazy and streaky, does nothing when he's not scoring goals. Remind you of someone?

Probably not. The guy you're dealing with has a serious case of grass-is-greener syndrome.

#73 predmonkee

predmonkee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 02:01 AM

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/on_demand/

This is an interview Brett Wilson, minority preds owner, did today with a Canadian radio station. I think it says a lot about the direction of the predators franchise. Nashville is not a feeder team that can be raided and bullied. His comments about Philadelphia underestimating the depth of the preds pockets, and depth of commitment from the entire preds organization as a whole are interesting. He also said the preds offered 104 million to weber, obviously not as much front loaded. But he does speak about the bonus potentially violating the spirit of the CbA.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/590/on_demand/

#74 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:30 AM

You can tell that Weber and company are disappointed by this. Big time.

If you go to the link and then play the TSN Radio 1050: Kevin Epp Video on the right.......just listen....

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=401354

And they expect a no-trade clause. I can't stand players like Nash, Weber and most of all Dany Heatley. Sign these big ass deals, in a year or few demand a trade, but only to a list of teams that are great. It's a joke.

"On the bright side it's still a 110 million dollar contract....."

"Yeah, you got it."

BOO HOO HOO.

Posted Image

#75 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,656 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:34 AM

If you go to the link and then play the TSN Radio 1050: Kevin Epp Video on the right.......just listen....

And they expect a no-trade clause. I can't stand players like Nash, Weber and most of all Dany Heatley. Sign these big ass deals, in a year or few demand a trade, but only to a list of teams that are great. It's a joke.

"Yeah, you got it."

BOO HOO HOO.

Wow, seriously screw Weber. All he had to do was grin and bear it in Nashville one more year and then he would have had his pickings of teams.

I get that the CBA negotiations will change contract terms but, I mean come on, the guy would have been given a huge pay day regardless.

Man, suck it up and spend your summers in Philly is you love it so much.

Edited by ShanahanMan, 25 July 2012 - 04:36 AM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#76 e_prime

e_prime

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,674 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 06:49 AM

According to Darren Dreger, the Flyers offered Matt Read, Andrej Meszaros, a 1st, two 2nds and a 3rd for Weber -- a package Nashville declined.
(AtomicPunk @ February 4, 2010 - 12:16AM)

Imma let you finish, and your cap numbers are all good and all that, but imma let Kenny figure it out. Kenny's cap numbers were the best cap numbers this year.

#77 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,612 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 07:41 AM

Uncle Gary needs to send Poile to "The Quiet Room" and have a chat with him; he just blew his negotiating stance big time.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#78 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

Well if Weber wanted out, why didn't he just sign the OS and tell Poile "look this is the team I want to play for don't match"?

To be honest after seeing his pricetag I'd rather have Suter.

for an average cap hit of .3 mil per year more, i'd take the superior dman Weber over Suter any day of the week.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#79 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:13 AM

According to Darren Dreger, the Flyers offered Matt Read, Andrej Meszaros, a 1st, two 2nds and a 3rd for Weber -- a package Nashville declined.

Wow.... Here Poile, have one of the fastest skating young players in the league and oh, he can score too playing 3rd line mins. Also, we'll give you a really solid dman that occasionally leads the league in blocked shots and can also put up decent points. You can have 4 picks too within the first 3 rounds which will also help you build depth....

I don't know what you guys think, but if that's me getting that offer, i'm taking it and rebuilding my team cause Weber doesn't want to be there now that Suter's gone and the return isn't bad. Read is gonna be a 25-30 goal scorer very soon and has potential to get more.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#80 predmonkee

predmonkee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

Wow.... Here Poile, have one of the fastest skating young players in the league and oh, he can score too playing 3rd line mins. Also, we'll give you a really solid dman that occasionally leads the league in blocked shots and can also put up decent points. You can have 4 picks too within the first 3 rounds which will also help you build depth....

I don't know what you guys think, but if that's me getting that offer, i'm taking it and rebuilding my team cause Weber doesn't want to be there now that Suter's gone and the return isn't bad. Read is gonna be a 25-30 goal scorer very soon and has potential to get more.

No way. Not even close to a fair return for weber. The picks aren't lottery type picks and try selling those players to the pred fanbase. Poile wanted schenn and SeanC. If Philly wanted weber that bad, they would have had to come off something.

"Yeah, you got it."

BOO HOO HOO.

Weber's 2 agents are absolute idiots. Remember, poile had a solid working relationship with weber's previous agent before weber fired him right before negogiations started last summer, leading to the arbitration fiasco. How weber can trust his future and money to these guys is beyond me. I put zero stock in anything that squirts out of the mouths of these two bozo's.