• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CaliforniaWingsFan

Who is your favorite player from a team besides the Wings?

Rate this topic

Miguel Cabrera.

Edit: in all seriousness, that's a tough question. I honestly don't know if I have one at this point. There have been players that I've enjoyed outside of the Wings but they always seem to turn out to be assholes, whiners, or political martyrs.

Edited by Travis

This is too hard to choose only a few, I have quite a few that I admire, respect, appreciate, etc... so let's just do it as though it were a top starting 5...

F - David Clarkson

F - Claude Giroux

F - Steven Stamkos

D - Zdeno Chara

D - Erik Karlsson

G - Henrik Lundqvist

Miguel Cabrera.

Edit: in all seriousness, that's a tough question. I honestly don't know if I have one at this point. There have been players that I've enjoyed outside of the Wings but they always seem to turn out to be assholes, whiners, or political martyrs.

Ah man you beat me to it, I was going to say Justin Verlander :lol:

Edit: I agree that is a tough question, because I like all the major American sports, I really don't watch games that don't involve my favorite teams. Outside of the Detroit teams, MSU, and the Saskatchewan Roughriders of the Canadian Football League, my favorite players are Derek Jeter and Kobe Bryant :tomato:

Edited by Barrie

Growing up here in PA, Mike Schmidt of the Philadelphia Phillies was a favorite. My dad is a diehard Phils fan, and Schmidt was as close to a Steve Yzerman in terms of class, leadership, and excellence as it got.

Back then the Phils did a caravan in the offseason with players and coaches that came to my town. Dad took me and I got to meet him and get an autograph. He went out of his way to chat with us for a couple of minutes.