• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Wingydingy19

Perry and Getzlaf

Rate this topic

Throughout this offseason the name that continues to be talked about via trade is Bobby Ryan.

My question is what about Corey Perry? I know about all the problems Ryan has had with the ducks basically telling Bob Murray to either stop dangling him or trade him. Here is the thing though, if you're Anaheim and Perry and Getzlaf are on the last year of their deals wouldn't you be more inclined to trade one of them as opposed to Ryan due to the fact that you will probably lose one of them if not both for nothing next offseason.

I'm not saying that he is available and I have no source to quote but it just seems to make the most sense to mend fences with Ryan and take him off the block and potentially move either Perry or Getzlaf. You have to figure that both won't resign in Ducky land as it'll be their first chance at a big payday via UFA. I know the new CBA will probably keep them from getting a Parise type contract but even after they hash out the new agreement players like Perry and Getzlaf will still get a huge payday just maybe not attached to a 13-14 term.

I'm just throwing this out there as we all know it's been a tad slow in red wing land this offseason and No I'm not blaming Holland for all of it.

Edited by Wingydingy19

I'd love to see Getzlaf here, but that day won't come. I think with any of the big name players in the West, they will only go East. Not many owners/GM's will want to watch their ex-stars throttle them in the playoffs every year on their way to a Cup.

I'd love to see Getzlaf here, but that day won't come. I think with any of the big name players in the West, they will only go East. Not many owners/GM's will want to watch their ex-stars throttle them in the playoffs every year on their way to a Cup.

Columbus did with LA

When they made it and CBJ didn't.

Both of you entirely missed my point.... Why would the Ducks want to trade any of their big stars to Detroit, only to potentially watch them light the Ducks up in the playoffs every year on their way to a possible Cup? Columbus will likely never have to face Carter and the Kings in the playoffs, so the deal doesn't sting nearly as bad.

Both of you entirely missed my point.... Why would the Ducks want to trade any of their big stars to Detroit, only to potentially watch them light the Ducks up in the playoffs every year on their way to a possible Cup? Columbus will likely never have to face Carter and the Kings in the playoffs, so the deal doesn't sting nearly as bad.

You didn't say that in your first post... Glad you clarified that, so in essence we didn't miss your point, you missed putting the information in text.

GMs can watch their ex players on TV like... Kind of what maybe the other person took your reply also

Different story once you did that

Edited by Rivalred

You didn't say that in your first post... Glad you clarified that, so in essence we didn't miss your point, you missed putting the information in text.

Different story once you did that

Read my first post again, slick. Noting that most big names will be dealt to the opposing conference because no GM wants to watch his ex-star beat them in the playoffs each year.

I just can't begin to start speculating about Getlaf and Perry when I've spent the better part of six months speculating on everyone from Parise and Suter, to Nash and Weber. All this speculation doesn't really amount to s*** with Kenny and Co.

Well it's good that ANA didn't make the playoffs last season either, so apparently they wouldn't have to see them play against Detroit either. See, we can play that game. The goal of every franchise is to make the playoffs, regardless if they are currently a contender or not. Noone makes a trade saying "Well, they're never going to make the playoffs so might as well just give them our star player!" Come on... it doesn't matter likely, not likely, maybe likely, you trade to trade. I understand the point that the Ducks don't or would like to not end up trading within the conference, I think everyone can agree to that, but it still happens.

Read my first post again, slick. Noting that most big names will be dealt to the opposing conference because no GM wants to watch his ex-star beat them in the playoffs each year.

Your initial post could of been taken differently as I pointed out in my post above.

Please refrain from pulling me into an argument or baiting... And even derailing a thread.

To bring the thread back on topic, I would gladly welcome any Getzlaf or Ryan... Both play hard and drive the next down the middle... What we need

We could really use a perry type on our team. Sice both fil and perry are ufas after this year the deal would be more fair and they need a 2C. Id do Fil, Franzen and 1st straight up with no prospects lost. Tatar is almost ready and theres too many guys waitig in rhe wings.

Why choose only one of them? you make the trade for Ryan (younger, makes less money, still signed for three years) and that increases your odds of getting one of the others in the offseason next year. Make the deal for Ryan and posiibly have two of the three in 2013. It would be great to land all of them, but now thats dreaming! Odds are, whereever Ryan ends up, one of them will sign there next year...if they aren't traded at the deadline.

This comment was pretty straight forward. If you didn't understand what he was trying to say you either A) have comprehension problems, or B) are trying to be difficult. We all know why Nash went Eash, same situation applies here...not really that difficult of a concept to understand.

1000 apologies for "baiting" you into an argument that you started

I like this guy

This comment was pretty straight forward. If you didn't understand what he was trying to say you either A) have comprehension problems, or B) are trying to be difficult. We all know why Nash went Eash, same situation applies here...not really that difficult of a concept to understand.

QFT

Anyway, some people (on HFBoards) seem to think that Filppula's trade value is not as high as it could be due to the fact that he is going to be a Free Agent next year. Do you guys think this same logic would apply to Perry or Getzlaf and we could possibly get one for slightly cheaper than market value or is the fact that Anaheim is still very high on them that it would still take a lot to get one of the two?

We could really use a perry type on our team. Sice both fil and perry are ufas after this year the deal would be more fair and they need a 2C. Id do Fil, Franzen and 1st straight up with no prospects lost. Tatar is almost ready and theres too many guys waitig in rhe wings.

If we get Perry, who with Dats fight?

If we get Perry, who with Dats fight?

Oh God, please no more Dats fights. I about had a f****** heartattack that game. I was already hyped up since it was the season opener, but damn did that get me going.

Edited by rrasco

If we get Perry, maybe Nick will come back so they can carpool again. Hats and octopi every day.

Personally, I don't see either of them moving. They seem happy together and where they are. Their cap hits are good for what they bring to the table, and you know they'll be getting raises next year, especially Perry.

I'd sure take either of them, though. That's for sure.

Both Perry and Getzlaf are great players. I would be very surprised if they didn't somehow sign extensions this season at some point but who knows. Both are pretty much pipedreams if you think either will wear the Winged Wheel. IF Ryan is still on the trading block he could still be the more realistic option but unlikely too.

It'll be interesting to see what happens, for sure. It's basically the Holy Trinity of 21st-century power-forwards - and they're all on the same team! I can't imagine The Hockey Gods won't break it up, this being an age of parity and all.

Should we somehow manage to acquire Ryan, we might have a real shot at inking Perry and/or Getzlaf next summer.

Carter could of been considered a big name and he went to a West Coast team where he played a key role in their playoff success and Cup. It wasn't like LA was a top seed either, they could of been easily bumped.

Now, ANA is a different story I suppose as the history of them meeting the Wings in the playoffs.