• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ekmanc

Fabian Brunnström moves back to Sweden.

Rate this topic

Still not sure why he didn't get more of a chance in the big league. Far and away better than Conner, in my opinion. Maybe he was just really bad the one game I saw him in (my first and only Grifs game), I have seen a lot of people praise him on this forum. He just wasn't impressive at all, Brunnstrom and Nyquist stole the show.

Oh well, too bad. Good luck in Sweden Fabian.

This is exactly what you don't do Damien Brunner. Take some notes, and avoid this at all cost.

You mean, lose a player from your AHL team that isn't good enough to play in the NHL?

Good luck to Fabian, he had the attitude, but just wasn't able to cut it in the NHL these past few seasons.

You mean, lose a player from your AHL team that isn't good enough to play in the NHL?

Good luck to Fabian, he had the attitude, but just wasn't able to cut it in the NHL these past few seasons.

Don't lowball his skillset. He could've played somewhere, but with our system you have to wait your chance. Brunner knows what he is heading into, exactly the same with Brunnstrom. You can't afford to have bad games or set a bad first impression when called up, you take it and you run with it. The franchise is going to give Brunner every chance he can to crack the team and get his chance at the big show, and they're holding him to high standards. So yeah, i'm going to say take notes and don't screw up your chance if you don't want to sit in the AHL for the next four years. Poster after him, same goes to you.

You mean playing a couple of games but never really getting a chance?

Refer to this post.

You mean playing a couple of games but never really getting a chance?

He had 104 games played in the NHL, and 3 years in the AHL.

It's not like he was an unproven player or anything, it was pretty clear what he was capable of. He's a talented player, but just not NHL quality. If he was he'd be playing in the NHL.

Too bad for sure, I agree with those that say he didn't get his fair shot here. He undoubtedly would have done a better job then some on our roster, I just think he was a "big show" kind of guy and when he was playing with the wings I thought he looked better then our mainstays ie. Cleary, Holmer and even Abby imo. I also think he would have done well paired with Flip and Z. None the less this doesn't matter as he's moved back to Sweden. Good luck Fabio.

Still not sure why he didn't get more of a chance in the big league. Far and away better than Conner, in my opinion. Maybe he was just really bad the one game I saw him in (my first and only Grifs game), I have seen a lot of people praise him on this forum. He just wasn't impressive at all, Brunnstrom and Nyquist stole the show.

Oh well, too bad. Good luck in Sweden Fabian.

Last year :

Conner was .37 ppg in 8 games in the NHL, .93 ppg in 57 games in the AHL.

Brunno was .2 ppg in 5 games in the NHL, .77 ppg in 45 games in the AHL.

Conner was +2 with 0 pim (22 AHL), Brunnstrom was -2 with 4 pim (41 AHL).

I'd take Conner over Brunnstrom, but wish them both the best.

Never performed well enough in the minors for someone who should have been desperate to get back into the big leagues. Clearly his attitude wasn't the best either as he's given up altogether!

Won't be missed.

Never performed well enough in the minors for someone who should have been desperate to get back into the big leagues. Clearly his attitude wasn't the best either as he's given up altogether!

Won't be missed.

agreed. Some of the people here who think he was good and didnt get a chance obviously didnt watch him in grand rapids, where me and UK redwing watch most games. He was terrible even down there

He had 104 games played in the NHL, and 3 years in the AHL.

It's not like he was an unproven player or anything, it was pretty clear what he was capable of. He's a talented player, but just not NHL quality. If he was he'd be playing in the NHL.

He still has close to 0.4points per game but he was unlucky with a few injuries. Either way you are simplifying a great deal, there are many players who could've had really solid NHL careers but for different reasons it didn't work out for them.

agreed. Some of the people here who think he was good and didnt get a chance obviously didnt watch him in grand rapids, where me and UK redwing watch most games. He was terrible even down there

I wouldn't say he was terrible. That's pretty harsh. He made a very conscious effort to improve his defensive game and I think he made significant strides. At the end of the day he just didn't separate himself enough to kick down the door to the NHL.