• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Din758

Semin signs one year, $7m deal with Carolina

Rate this topic

One year, zero risk. Nothing but upside and instead Kenny is sitting on his $13m, watching Dreger waiting for him to tweet that Doan has resigned with Pheonix. I knew the Wings weren't interested in Semin, and I didn't expect him to sign here, but watching him sign a one-year deal elsewhere burns my ass.

Stagnant offense. Defense takes a huge hit with no replacements.... but hey, we improved our backup :P

I was hoping to see Semin sign with Detroit. I know the 1-year deal will sting some people as well, but Holland and Co. must have really seen something they didn't like. It says a lot that such a talented player went unsigned for so long.

One year, zero risk. Nothing but upside and instead Kenny is sitting on his $13m, watching Dreger waiting for him to tweet that Doan has resigned with Pheonix. I knew the Wings weren't interested in Semin, and I didn't expect him to sign here, but watching him sign a one-year deal elsewhere burns my ass.

Stagnant offense. Defense takes a huge hit with no replacements.... but hey, we improved our backup :P

I think the fact we have a monster on our team negates any problems our team has.

We'll have one hell of an AHL team. Go Griffins!

7 bills? Glad he's not coming. It was just like a, let's pull the trigger on this guy because we can, not because we have to.

Ride that cap space Kenny, we'll get something done!

We definitely didn't have to. It would've been fun to see what he'd do with Dats though.

Of course, there's also the risk that the Wings would've added another extremely talented player with a questionable work ethic. For one year though, that's not a huge risk.

Not heartbreaking, but the one-year deal would've made it more attractive. I figured Semin would be looking for longer term headed into the CBA. And with a one year deal, you'd have to think he's more likely to bust his ass to prove his doubters wrong and get the big payday next year.

I simply have to disagree with the "no risk" assessment of signing Semin to a one-year deal. No risk after this season, but plenty of risk for this season!

Certainly not no risk. But for one year, the Wings having cap space, and few options out there, it would've been lower risk than I expected.

I seem to remember Holland saying from the get go he wasn't interested in Semin though. I thought maybe that was a poker face, but I guess not.

As I said before, Semin seemed like a good candidate for another Holland reclamation project.

Certainly not no risk. But for one year, the Wings having cap space, and few options out there, it would've been lower risk than I expected.

I seem to remember Holland saying from the get go he wasn't interested in Semin though. I thought maybe that was a poker face, but I guess not.

As I said before, Semin seemed like a good candidate for another Holland reclamation project.

The risk would be his example being shown day in-day out to players like Nyquist/Brunner/Smith. The Red Wings must have thought that risk would outweigh any rewards he would have.

And so did a lot of other teams, or else a prior 40 goal scorer wouldn't have to settle nearly a month into free agency for a one year deal.