• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

joesuffP

Bottom Six

Rate this topic

Once again, our bottom 6 won't have any big, physical forwards on it.

I mean, we do have some smaller guys that like to hit, but this isn't midget hockey. It wouldn't hurt to have a 6'3 or 6'4 forward that likes to hit people into the boards. A guy like that would be a good compliment for a Helm or Tootoo.

Maybe Holland has something against tall people.

Edited by GMRwings1983

Agreed. We need some punishers. But Holland likes euro softies.

American: Abdelkader, Eaves, Miller

Canadian: Bertuzzi, Cleary, Emmerton, Helm, Tootoo

NA total: 8

Swedish: Zetterberg, Franzen, Nyquist, Samuelsson

Swiss: Brunner (Apparently not soft)

Russian: Datsyuk (Not soft)

Slovenia: Mursak

Finland: Filppula

Euro total: 8

This Euro softies crap is completely overblown. It's a mentality that is clearly wrong when you actually stop and think about the roster. Even on defense, we currently have:

American: Lashoff

Canadian: White, Smith, Quincey

Swedish: Kronwall (not soft), Ericsson

Czech: Kindl

That's another 50/50 (not including Lashoff, who I realize would only be a call-up this season because of injuries).

This team is not as soft as some people blindly call it.

Did you see our draft picks this year?

EXACTLY!

Did you see our draft picks this year?

I doubt any of them crack the lineup this season.

I'm just going by the last time we dressed a 6'4 forward for even 20 regular season games. Anyone?

Edited by GMRwings1983

Guest The Axe

GMR,

Ray Sheppard was the last big dude I remember, but he wasnt all that physical. Probert was big, obviously.

Height is such an overrated attribute. Give me Dustin Brown over Heatley any day. I'd take Tootoo over Antropov. How many 6'4" bottom line players that actually play hockey and not box are there? Usually if you're 6'4" and can skate at the NHL level you aren't a bottom line player(Malone, Hanzal, Wheeler etc.)

I'm sure there's a few but can you think of any? Gaustad I guess?

The 4th line needs to be able to skate he have big guys on D I'd rather have a smaller quick 4th that can forecheck than some ppl that are only on the team to "scare" the other team. Some people hold on to the thought of having enforcers is helpful when evidence has shown they are all but dead in this league. Forechecking on our bottom six is going to be a problem for every team. Having guys like Helm and Abdelkader first ones in and having tough guys like Bert and Tootoo to keep the puck in is a great recipe for a good forecheck

6'1". Youre right. Primeau was tall, wasnt he?

Yeah, he was about 6'5.

I guess enforcers tend to be about that size nowadays, but we know where this team is with that.

I'd like to have seen a guy like Winchester pursued by Detroit these last few offseasons. A big forward who can hit and score.

Yeah, he was about 6'5.

I guess enforcers tend to be about that size nowadays, but we know where this team is with that.

I'd like to have seen a guy like Winchester pursued by Detroit these last few offseasons. A big forward who can hit and score.

Same here. He's still a UFA. Not sure where he will end up. Dallas again?

Guest The Axe

Problem is that we'll have that regardless. We have to trade now that the ufa's are gone. So unless we sucker a team into a bad trade (Ryan for Nyquist and Kindl), we're not going to be using that cap space.

Problem is that we'll have that regardless. We have to trade now that the ufa's are gone. So unless we sucker a team into a bad trade (Ryan for Nyquist and Kindl), we're not going to be using that cap space.

Not necessarily true

Do you think with this roster that the Wings are a 7mil defensemen and 6mil winger away from more stanley cups? Cause there is 13mil to spend. Something will come up and when it does were going to be glad Holland held on to that money

Very true

Most of these rosters have Nyquist in them, Don't be so sure he will be starting with the NHL in October. He still has options, while the other forwards do not. My guess for foward lines would be this:

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Franzen

Brunner - Zetterberg - Filppula

Samuelsson - Helm - Cleary

Tootoo - Abdelkader - Miller

Depending on Eaves health, I belive him and Emmerton would be the extra forwards. They would then try to send Mursak through waivers to AHL. If Eaves isn't ready Mursak and Emmerton would be extra forwards.

Guest The Axe

Id rather see:

Brunner-Datsyuk-Filppula

Helm-Zetterberg-Franzen

Emmerton-Nyquist-Samuelsson

Cleary-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Bertuzzi/Miller/Eaves

Do you think with this roster that the Wings are a 7mil defensemen and 6mil winger away from more stanley cups? Cause there is 13mil to spend. Something will come up and when it does were going to be glad Holland held on to that money

And in this case, "held onto that money" = "didn't get the guys he wanted". Call it what it is.

esteef

I'd rather trade for Yandle than sign suter to that retarded contract

That really depends the on the price.

And I believe Suter is worth every cent of that contract, he's been the best defenseman free agent in a couple years.

Id rather see:

Brunner-Datsyuk-Filppula

Helm-Zetterberg-Franzen

Emmerton-Nyquist-Samuelsson

Cleary-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Bertuzzi/Miller/Eaves

Helm will never be a second liner. He might be the best 3rd liner but it does not mean he could fill 2nd line role.