• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#41 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:25 PM

Yah. It would be nice to have someone to protect Z and P.

#42 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 04:00 AM

Do you think with this roster that the Wings are a 7mil defensemen and 6mil winger away from more stanley cups? Cause there is 13mil to spend. Something will come up and when it does were going to be glad Holland held on to that money

#43 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:20 PM

Problem is that we'll have that regardless. We have to trade now that the ufa's are gone. So unless we sucker a team into a bad trade (Ryan for Nyquist and Kindl), we're not going to be using that cap space.

#44 predmonkee

predmonkee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 01:40 PM

Problem is that we'll have that regardless. We have to trade now that the ufa's are gone. So unless we sucker a team into a bad trade (Ryan for Nyquist and Kindl), we're not going to be using that cap space.

Not necessarily true

Do you think with this roster that the Wings are a 7mil defensemen and 6mil winger away from more stanley cups? Cause there is 13mil to spend. Something will come up and when it does were going to be glad Holland held on to that money

Very true

#45 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 05:57 PM

Most of these rosters have Nyquist in them, Don't be so sure he will be starting with the NHL in October. He still has options, while the other forwards do not. My guess for foward lines would be this:

Bertuzzi - Datsyuk - Franzen
Brunner - Zetterberg - Filppula
Samuelsson - Helm - Cleary
Tootoo - Abdelkader - Miller

Depending on Eaves health, I belive him and Emmerton would be the extra forwards. They would then try to send Mursak through waivers to AHL. If Eaves isn't ready Mursak and Emmerton would be extra forwards.

#46 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:44 PM

Id rather see:

Brunner-Datsyuk-Filppula
Helm-Zetterberg-Franzen
Emmerton-Nyquist-Samuelsson
Cleary-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Bertuzzi/Miller/Eaves

#47 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:18 AM

And in this case, "held onto that money" = "didn't get the guys he wanted". Call it what it is.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#48 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:24 PM

I'd rather trade for Yandle than sign suter to that retarded contract

#49 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:30 PM

I'd rather trade for Yandle than sign suter to that retarded contract

That really depends the on the price.

And I believe Suter is worth every cent of that contract, he's been the best defenseman free agent in a couple years.

#50 RusDRW

RusDRW

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:41 PM

Id rather see:

Brunner-Datsyuk-Filppula
Helm-Zetterberg-Franzen
Emmerton-Nyquist-Samuelsson
Cleary-Abdelkader-Tootoo

Bertuzzi/Miller/Eaves

Helm will never be a second liner. He might be the best 3rd liner but it does not mean he could fill 2nd line role.
Sweet. This dude was brought here for one reason, to punch people in the head - every other thing that he can do, other Wings can do better. I like that we have a head-puncher. The league has other, better head-punchers, but this one is ours. Better than nothing. Good work, Kenny!

© mikah

#51 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:04 PM

No he's not worth that much for any years definitely not going to be worth 7 mil in his 12th 13th year... Yandle is 2.5mil cheaper an puts up more points on a weaker offense and has played 82 games three years in a row

#52 sjr2012

sjr2012

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 963 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:41 PM

i see the lines like this........

Nyquist Dastyuk Frazen

Brunner Z Flippula

Miller Helm Bert

Cleary Abby Tootoo

Eaves/Emmerton

try to get something by me i dare you

:goalie:

#53 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,547 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:47 PM

i see the lines like this........

Nyquist Dastyuk Frazen

Brunner Z Flippula

Miller Helm Bert

Cleary Abby Tootoo

Eaves/Emmerton

You forgot Sammy.

Unless you were blocking out that signing? :P

#54 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 295 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 03:34 PM

You forgot Sammy.

Unless you were blocking out that signing? :P

A guy can wish can't he? :lol:

Edited by WingsAlways, 31 July 2012 - 03:34 PM.

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#55 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,241 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 04:01 PM

A guy can wish can't he? :lol:

I got it you guys!

Holland has been saving that $13 million for Holmstrom.
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#56 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:26 PM

I got it you guys!

Holland has been saving that $13 million for Holmstrom.

its all coming together now! i envision some last minute KH magic and the finished line-up to look very similar to the one below

holmer datsyuk knuble
sammy zberg bert
cleary helm rolston
modano gomez emmerton

chelios kronwall
quincey ericcson
smith white
kindl

howard
monster

had to ship some guys out in order to create this KH masterpiece.... one was a blockbuster trade with montreal.... gomez for franzen and filppula... gotta give to get guys

KH also breaks through with multiple FA signings all solid and right on par with our big moves in the past.... sammy, holmer, rolston, knuble, modano and chelios

youngest team we've had in years!

#57 dirtydangles

dirtydangles

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,356 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:32 PM

I hope brunner and nyquist play like beasts and it forces kennys hand to make a move due to excess fwds.

#58 mjtm77

mjtm77

mjtm77

• PipPipPipPip
  • 962 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 05:41 PM

The hate on Franzen is really annoying. The guy had one bad season last year and still put up good stats.

That 3rd line of Bertuzzi-Helm-Sammy has me really excited... Look how our 3rd line matches up against the league

Canucks: Higgins-Lappierre-Hansen
Penguins: Dupuis-Sutter-Cooke
Blackhawks: Bickell-Bolland-Hayes

We will have an advantage game in and game out

Add that with Bert seemingly being able to find chemistry with anyone on his line and adjust his role

other then the fact that all three of thoes teams have a way better top 6
Posted Image

#59 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:22 PM

annoying are wings fans that think ken holland is a god and that every UFA has to sign in detroit because we are the "red wings"

What does that have to do with the third line?... If you want to talk about holland than make another hate thread about it and we can have healthy discussions while you get your panties in a bunch

#60 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 06:34 PM

other then the fact that all three of thoes teams have a way better top 6

Let's explore this without assuming Nyquist/Brunner is going to step into Hudler's spot, and Cleary doesn't have resurgence to his average 20 goals, he went from 26 to 12, personally I feel he's going to have a bounce back year, but I digress.

So let's use P/G just to account for injuries etc. and use PPG to assign lines.

Zetterberg(.84)/Datsyuk(.96)/Franzen(.73)
Bertuzzi(.54)/Filpulla(.81)/Sammy(.57)

Sedin(.93)/Sedin(.99)/Higgins(.61)
Burrows(.65)Kesler(.64)/Booth(.48)

So as we see Sedin/Sedin outscore Z/D, but doesn't ..12 more ppg account for the defense gained? I don't think so, but if you do then add Franzen's production over Higgins. I'd take our line personally just from defensive purposes, but they are pretty even just offensively.
Second line, Burrows better than Bertuzzi in everyway, clear win there. Kesler verse Filpulla, interesting, Filpulla had a much better season 66 points to 44, and defensive while Kesler is elite, Filpulla isn't that far behind, I'd say the .17 ppg difference tilts it in favor of Fil based on just last season, but Kesler has a better past sure, but if you accept that then why can't datsyuk go back to 97 points? Booth verse Sammy, this surprised me, wow did Booth struggle just 30 points in 62 games, Sammy might not be much better but he had 31 on Florida in 54 games. I'd give the edge to sammy even career numbers Sammy has .10 advantage.

Better? Possible given what you think defense is worth etc. But way better top 6? I definitely don't see that.

Pittsburgh has a better top 6, no doubt about it, but looking at their defense is a laughing stock, and Pittsburgh is my second favorite team haha.

Blackhawks! i'm interested in this one

Zetterberg(.84)/Datsyuk(.96)/Franzen(.73)
Bertuzzi(.54)/Filpulla(.81)/Sammy(.57)

Sharp(.93)/Toews(.97)/Hossa(.95)
Kane(,80)Bolland(.49)/Stalberg(.54)

D/Z = Sharp/Toews ? Maybe I'm not sure, Datsyuk Zetterberg are both very good defensive players, Toews is very good aswell, Sharp is average. I'll give the edge to chicago.
Hossa>Franzen by a lot. First line pretty clear is Chicago.

Second line If you compare it as a whole it's about equal, kane>Filpulla but Sammy/Bert are more production than Bolland/Stalberg

Once again Chicago probably has a better top 6, but way better? probably not, the only team that has a way better top 6 are Pittsburgh, and they lack in the bottom 6/defense, and Fleury was a train wreck.