• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

joesuffP

Bottom Six

Rate this topic

I got it you guys!

Holland has been saving that $13 million for Holmstrom.

its all coming together now! i envision some last minute KH magic and the finished line-up to look very similar to the one below

holmer datsyuk knuble

sammy zberg bert

cleary helm rolston

modano gomez emmerton

chelios kronwall

quincey ericcson

smith white

kindl

howard

monster

had to ship some guys out in order to create this KH masterpiece.... one was a blockbuster trade with montreal.... gomez for franzen and filppula... gotta give to get guys

KH also breaks through with multiple FA signings all solid and right on par with our big moves in the past.... sammy, holmer, rolston, knuble, modano and chelios

youngest team we've had in years!

Guest mjtm77

The hate on Franzen is really annoying. The guy had one bad season last year and still put up good stats.

That 3rd line of Bertuzzi-Helm-Sammy has me really excited... Look how our 3rd line matches up against the league

Canucks: Higgins-Lappierre-Hansen

Penguins: Dupuis-Sutter-Cooke

Blackhawks: Bickell-Bolland-Hayes

We will have an advantage game in and game out

Add that with Bert seemingly being able to find chemistry with anyone on his line and adjust his role

other then the fact that all three of thoes teams have a way better top 6

annoying are wings fans that think ken holland is a god and that every UFA has to sign in detroit because we are the "red wings"

What does that have to do with the third line?... If you want to talk about holland than make another hate thread about it and we can have healthy discussions while you get your panties in a bunch

other then the fact that all three of thoes teams have a way better top 6

Let's explore this without assuming Nyquist/Brunner is going to step into Hudler's spot, and Cleary doesn't have resurgence to his average 20 goals, he went from 26 to 12, personally I feel he's going to have a bounce back year, but I digress.

So let's use P/G just to account for injuries etc. and use PPG to assign lines.

Zetterberg(.84)/Datsyuk(.96)/Franzen(.73)

Bertuzzi(.54)/Filpulla(.81)/Sammy(.57)

Sedin(.93)/Sedin(.99)/Higgins(.61)

Burrows(.65)Kesler(.64)/Booth(.48)

So as we see Sedin/Sedin outscore Z/D, but doesn't ..12 more ppg account for the defense gained? I don't think so, but if you do then add Franzen's production over Higgins. I'd take our line personally just from defensive purposes, but they are pretty even just offensively.

Second line, Burrows better than Bertuzzi in everyway, clear win there. Kesler verse Filpulla, interesting, Filpulla had a much better season 66 points to 44, and defensive while Kesler is elite, Filpulla isn't that far behind, I'd say the .17 ppg difference tilts it in favor of Fil based on just last season, but Kesler has a better past sure, but if you accept that then why can't datsyuk go back to 97 points? Booth verse Sammy, this surprised me, wow did Booth struggle just 30 points in 62 games, Sammy might not be much better but he had 31 on Florida in 54 games. I'd give the edge to sammy even career numbers Sammy has .10 advantage.

Better? Possible given what you think defense is worth etc. But way better top 6? I definitely don't see that.

Pittsburgh has a better top 6, no doubt about it, but looking at their defense is a laughing stock, and Pittsburgh is my second favorite team haha.

Blackhawks! i'm interested in this one

Sharp(.93)/Toews(.97)/Hossa(.95)

Kane(,80)Bolland(.49)/Stalberg(.54)

D/Z = Sharp/Toews ? Maybe I'm not sure, Datsyuk Zetterberg are both very good defensive players, Toews is very good aswell, Sharp is average. I'll give the edge to chicago.

Hossa>Franzen by a lot. First line pretty clear is Chicago.

Second line If you compare it as a whole it's about equal, kane>Filpulla but Sammy/Bert are more production than Bolland/Stalberg

Once again Chicago probably has a better top 6, but way better? probably not, the only team that has a way better top 6 are Pittsburgh, and they lack in the bottom 6/defense, and Fleury was a train wreck.

Guest mjtm77

What does that have to do with the third line?... If you want to talk about holland than make another hate thread about it and we can have healthy discussions while you get your panties in a bunch

You are correct it does not have to do with the third line, but either do some of your posts.

So I took off my redwings glasses and said that the Nucks, Hawks, Pens have a better top 6 then us and you replied with "pessimism is annoying".

What I said was not an attack at our GM. Please explain to me how by me saying that thoes teams have a better top six I am being a pessimsit and explain how my "panties are in a bunch" because you just pretty much acted like the common ****** bag who doesnt back up what they say and just calls people stupid

Guest mjtm77

Let's explore this without assuming Nyquist/Brunner is going to step into Hudler's spot, and Cleary doesn't have resurgence to his average 20 goals, he went from 26 to 12, personally I feel he's going to have a bounce back year, but I digress.

So let's use P/G just to account for injuries etc. and use PPG to assign lines.

Sedin(.93)/Sedin(.99)/Higgins(.61)

Burrows(.65)Kesler(.64)/Booth(.48)

So as we see Sedin/Sedin outscore Z/D, but doesn't ..12 more ppg account for the defense gained? I don't think so, but if you do then add Franzen's production over Higgins. I'd take our line personally just from defensive purposes, but they are pretty even just offensively.

Second line, Burrows better than Bertuzzi in everyway, clear win there. Kesler verse Filpulla, interesting, Filpulla had a much better season 66 points to 44, and defensive while Kesler is elite, Filpulla isn't that far behind, I'd say the .17 ppg difference tilts it in favor of Fil based on just last season, but Kesler has a better past sure, but if you accept that then why can't datsyuk go back to 97 points? Booth verse Sammy, this surprised me, wow did Booth struggle just 30 points in 62 games, Sammy might not be much better but he had 31 on Florida in 54 games. I'd give the edge to sammy even career numbers Sammy has .10 advantage.

Better? Possible given what you think defense is worth etc. But way better top 6? I definitely don't see that.

Pittsburgh has a better top 6, no doubt about it, but looking at their defense is a laughing stock, and Pittsburgh is my second favorite team haha.

Blackhawks! i'm interested in this one

Sharp(.93)/Toews(.97)/Hossa(.95)

Kane(,80)Bolland(.49)/Stalberg(.54)

D/Z = Sharp/Toews ? Maybe I'm not sure, Datsyuk Zetterberg are both very good defensive players, Toews is very good aswell, Sharp is average. I'll give the edge to chicago.

Hossa>Franzen by a lot. First line pretty clear is Chicago.

Second line If you compare it as a whole it's about equal, kane>Filpulla but Sammy/Bert are more production than Bolland/Stalberg

Once again Chicago probably has a better top 6, but way better? probably not, the only team that has a way better top 6 are Pittsburgh, and they lack in the bottom 6/defense, and Fleury was a train wreck.

My apologies I didnt mean to say "way better" but IMO all three teams top 6 are more soild then the Red Wings top 6 Espesially with how we do not really know what we are getting with Nyquist and Brunner.

My apologies I didnt mean to say "way better" but IMO all three teams top 6 are more soild then the Red Wings top 6 Espesially with how we do not really know what we are getting with Nyquist and Brunner.

That's very true. Nyquist is very promising though (.97 PPG) through the AHL compare it to Hudler (.97) PPG. Add that Nyquist is a better skater, it's a safe assumption that Nyquist will be a 50 point player at the very least(although maybe not this year). Brunner is an unknown.

And you're probably right other team's are likely to have better top 6's, but I'd say our top 6 can compete with the other teams for sure, and it's not among the worst in the league, and actually it's above average even assuming that Nyquist/Datsyuk/Cleary/Zetterberg/Franzen all improve which could very well happen, or at least as good of an opportunity at them doing worse.

Edited by Carman

Definitely possible that Nyquist and Brunner don't make the team's top six and then meaning probably no spot either in the bottom six for them. I'm sure both of them especially Brunner will be given every opportunity to shine. Should be interesting. I hate to say it but I'm itching for training camp to begin LOL.

Edited by St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Guest The Axe

its all coming together now! i envision some last minute KH magic and the finished line-up to look very similar to the one below

holmer datsyuk knuble

sammy zberg bert

cleary helm rolston

modano gomez emmerton

chelios kronwall

quincey ericcson

smith white

kindl

howard

monster

had to ship some guys out in order to create this KH masterpiece.... one was a blockbuster trade with montreal.... gomez for franzen and filppula... gotta give to get guys

KH also breaks through with multiple FA signings all solid and right on par with our big moves in the past.... sammy, holmer, rolston, knuble, modano and chelios

youngest team we've had in years!

Ha ha ha ha!

I cant do any better. This is a gem. Holland stinks.

Interesting event....Trevor Lewis just arrived in Detroit with only a small equipment bag and two sticks...he came in from his hometown of Salt Lake and Detroit was his final stop....could there be a trade in the works with LA? I have a few pics of his stuff, but not sure how to up them on my phone....none the less he is in Detroit for some reason and it appears he is here for some light workouts....

Edit: figured it out

post-2879-0-91805900-1343839438_thumb.jpg

post-2879-0-45830400-1343839466_thumb.jpg

post-2879-0-38432800-1343839497_thumb.jpg

Interesting personal codes on his sticks....

Edited by LeftWinger

Interesting event....Trevor Lewis just arrived in Detroit with only a small equipment bag and two sticks...he came in from his hometown of Salt Lake and Detroit was his final stop....could there be a trade in the works with LA? I have a few pics of his stuff, but not sure how to up them on my phone....none the less he is in Detroit for some reason and it appears he is here for some light workouts....

Edit: figured it out

post-2879-0-91805900-1343839438_thumb.jpg

post-2879-0-45830400-1343839466_thumb.jpg

post-2879-0-38432800-1343839497_thumb.jpg

Interesting personal codes on his sticks....

I don't think this is all that uncommon. I'm pretty sure guys who are well liked around the league frequently work out with their hometown teams during the summer. I know David Legwand was a regular working out with the Wings a few years ago, so I wouldn't read too much into it

I don't think this is all that uncommon. I'm pretty sure guys who are well liked around the league frequently work out with their hometown teams during the summer. I know David Legwand was a regular working out with the Wings a few years ago, so I wouldn't read too much into it

Didnt know he was from here, everything I see says he is from Salt Lake. That was were he came in from today...oh well, back to normal conversation....

Didnt know he was from here, everything I see says he is from Salt Lake. That was were he came in from today...oh well, back to normal conversation....

You know what, you're totally right. I completely misread that after having just woke up. He's not from here and my post was pointless haha.

You know what, you're totally right. I completely misread that after having just woke up. He's not from here and my post was pointless haha.

as was mine to begin with, but I didn't want to start a thread about it and figured if there was a deal going on, he'd be a bottom 6 here anyway, so I put it here...oh well. Still don't know why he is in town, haven't heard a word otherwise about it...

That does seem odd about Lewis. I'm not really familiar with him but I havent really heard of him being good friends with anyone on the wings that he might show up here to train with?

Played WJC team with Abdelkader. That's about all I can think of.