Tootoo-Abdelkader-Nyquist

Kronwall(A)-Quincey

Smith-White

Ericsson-Kindl

Howard-Monster

I'll start:

Goals per game: 2.8

Goals allowed per game: 2.6

Record: 44 W - 32 L - 6 OTL (94 points), 6th in Western Conference, 3rd in division

Top 6 Highest Scorers:

Datsyuk 71 points (26 G, 45 A)

Zetterberg 71 points (29 G, 42 A)

Filppula 70 points (25 G, 45 A)

Franzen 59 points (32 G, 27 A)

Kronwall 50 points (16 G, 34 A)

Samuelsson 50 points (18 G, 32 A)

Goalies:

Howard 58 starts (34-20-4) 2.5 GAA .915 S% 4 SO

Monster 24 starts (10-12-2)

Playoff finish:

First round win vs LA (4-2)

Second round loss vs Vancouver (4-1)

With the roster that you have listed above, I'd say that none of our forwards reach 70 pts. and none of our defensemen reach 40 pts. If things change then the points change...obviously.

Edited by kipwinger

I think Pav and Zett both break 70 IF they both stay healthy for the whole season. I also think Kronner is gonna flirt with 60 points this season, and i'll go out on a limb and call 65 for Mule.

I think we battle it out in the last half dozen games of the season to make the playoffs but sneak in. In last season's playoff fashion we crush the first seed in the West in 5 games.

Minnesota will finish further down in the standings than the Jackets as Parise and Suter decide to go play for the Twins instead as it's less threatening to their boyish good looks.

Hudler scores 50 goals and 110 points in Calgary.

I always have high hopes, but I really feel like we're looking at a 7th or 8th seed struggle this year. Other teams have gotten better. We'll still have a period of 1st place in the league for a month or so, but over the grind I see us losing ground with our mediocre defense.

I always have high hopes, but I really feel like we're looking at a 7th or 8th seed struggle this year. Other teams have gotten better. We'll still have a period of 1st place in the league for a month or so, but over the grind I see us losing ground with our mediocre defense.

Yet you forget that the other teams in our division (bar the Blues and Chicago who haven't really got any better) have also got worse. We could still realistically get a 3rd seed by winning this division. Will be hard won but still very possible.

I think we're turning into one of those teams where we have a few players who will produce most of the points, rather than spreading the load across the team like we've been able to do.

Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Filppula will probably be those guys, and they will be in that order. I'm not saying nobody else will contribute by any means. I just think those three will be far ahead of the rest of the team.

Zetterberg will probably produce somewhere in the 90's and may even reach 100 pts. He has only reached the 90's once (I say ONLY, lol), but I bet his total jumps up this season.

Datsyuk will produce somewhere in the mid 80's.

My prediction for Filppula is he'll have a breakout season (again) and break 80 pts. Last season he started giving me a comforting feeling whenever he had the puck.

Gustavsson slows the bleeding, better assistant associate coach in Renney, more sand-paper thanks to Tootoo (if he isn't scratched or suspended), but the Wings are another year older, without improvement on the front end, and significant losses on the back end.

Datsyuk and Zetterberg end up having to shoulder too much of the load again, along with injuries and having to wipe the defense's ass for them every game, both continue to lose production. If they combine for 152 games or more (average of 76 games each) the Wings struggle and get the 6th-8th playoff spot; if they lose any more games to injury, the Wings miss the playoffs for the first time in 21 years. Filppula's production drops slightly, but his overall game like D/Z keeps the team afloat. Bertuzzi slips due to injury and lack of production; shouldn't be a top-six. Franzen has people calling for his head on a spit by December because of visible lack of interest, failure to score without Datsyuk spoon-feeding him, and the usual excuses in the media.

Any losses on the back end or between the pipes is magnified 10 times, meaning any significant injury to Kronwall, Smith, or Quincey sinks the team. Any injury to Howard or Gustavsson sinks the team.

Goals per game: 2.90

Goals allowed per game: 2.75

Record: 43 W - 29 L - 10 OTL (96 points), 7th in Western Conference (3-way points tie 6th-8th), 3rd in division

Top 6 Highest Scorers:

Datsyuk 74 points (24 G, 50 A)

Zetterberg 69 points (28 G, 41 A)

Filppula 62 points (21 G, 41 A)

Kronwall 52 points (18 G, 34 A)

Franzen 50 points (27 G, 23 A)

Nyquist 48 points (16 G, 32 A)

Goalies:

Howard 54 starts (29-22-3) 2.6 GAA .910 S% 2 SO

Monster 28 starts (14-7-7)

Playoff finish:

First-round loss vs. St. Louis (4-2)

Dear Red Wings: PROVE ME VERY WRONG! Thanks.

If all stay healthy....

Forwards

Datsyuk: 75 pts

Zetterberg: 75 pts

Filppula: 70 pts

Franzen: 60 pts

Samuelsson: 50 pts

Bertuzzi: 40 pts

Cleary: 40 pts

Brunner: 35 pts

Nyquist: 35 pts

D-men