• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
amato

claude giroux had 2 wrist surgeries this off season

Rate this topic

didn't see anything about this posted (if it was, delete this please) but I thought this was interesting....

CSN Philly: Flyers Claude Giroux had 2 surgeries on his wrists this summer, and told the Timmins Press that they are because of Sidney Crosby.y

“Those are from [sidney] Crosby,” Giroux told the paper. “Every time we’d line up against each other for a face-off during our series, instead of going for the puck when it was dropped, he’d hack me across the wrists. I ended up playing the series against Jersey with one of them fractured and had to go for surgery on both of them after we were out of the playoffs.”

and people don't understand why a lot of people don't like crosby? hah!

one would think a player of sid's caliber could at least show a little class.. hopefully this doesn't effect giroux on the ice next season.

Seems like the article is really trying to get some views and blowing something out of proportion. Also, I didn't realize torn cartilage and/or bone spurs could be caused by a slash, news to me. One would think a fractured wrist would really hurt someone's production too.

That was hell of a physical series, I'm sure shots were taken on both sides. Giroux sounds like he's never been in a rivalry before, slashes on faceoffs were pretty common throughout my years of hockey especially during a rivalry. Also Crosby's lead the league in slashing penalites, i'm sure if it was so clear and sinister they wouldn't have a problem calling a penalty on him.

But maybe Giroux just likes attention?

Guest The Axe

I just want Crosby laid out once and for all. And i hope the stretcher guys drop him on the way out alla Modano style. I used to like Crosby, but the more he plays, the more I think he should be removed from the NHL.

I just want Crosby laid out once and for all. And i hope the stretcher guys drop him on the way out alla Modano style. I used to like Crosby, but the more he plays, the more I think he should be removed from the NHL.

That's a healthy mindset. You wish that a person you've never met should have his career ended and life significantly damaged. I pity you.

Giroux should just "pull a crosby" and jump his ass in the faceoff dot before Crosby even knows what's going on.

esteef

Giroux would never be able to handle Crosby in a fight. Come on now.

Guest Crymson

What would it take for us to aquire Giroux? (Yeah, yeah, first-born child, I know. But seriously.)

He's untouchable.

Guest The Axe

Carman, I dont really care what you do. Stay on topic, please and allow others to have their opinions without insulting them. If I want Crosby to get whats coming to him, then so be it. Hes a dirty, cheap, whiny superstar. Im not the only person who wants him gone for good.

Carman, I dont really care what you do. Stay on topic, please and allow others to have their opinions without insulting them. If I want Crosby to get whats coming to him, then so be it. Hes a dirty, cheap, whiny superstar. Im not the only person who wants him gone for good.

I'm just expressing my opinion as you are yours. It's just your opinion seems much more malicious and hateful.

No penalty on the plays? If not, why not?

This is a good point, I sincerely doubt these slashes went undetected, practically everything was called with that series. I don't know, I'm sure Crosby took a couple shots, but nothing out of the ordinary.

Edited by Carman

I don't believe anyone's truly untouchable; anyone can he had, given the right return package.

Humor me.

Especially when you're talking about Holmgren. People probably thought Mike Richards was untouchable when the Flyers signed him to a 12 year deal. Or at least didn't think their captain in Richards and leading scorer in Carter (on an 11 year deal) would both get shipped out.

Guest The Axe

Just express your opinion about Crosby or Giroux. Youre allowed to disagree with me, but condescending attitude is off topic. Like i said, express your opinion withOUT insulting others.

Crosby is widely known as a dirty cheapshot artist. Im probably in the majority when it comes to wanting to see Sidney's crap removed from the NHL.

Just express your opinion about Crosby or Giroux. Youre allowed to disagree with me, but condescending attitude is off topic. Like i said, express your opinion withOUT insulting others.

I'm not meaning my comment as insulting at all, I just think that in general that wishing harm on others that you have no personal experience with is an unhealthy line of thought, it doesn't produce anything of positivity and to my end, I cannot understand it. That is all.

My opinion on the matter is already expressed above, I believe if the slashes were as serious as the article lead on, there would have been a penalty. And I'm not sure how torn cartilage and bone spurs come from slashes.

Guest The Axe

Perfect. Your 2nd paragraph is all u needed to say. You might not want to Crosby get knocked out, and thats fine. But i think he deserves it, and so do a lot of other people. I forgive you for the personal attack.

sutton hammered and nearly deceased his teammate leopold. A few guys have gotten a piece of sid.