• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#21 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:45 PM

Just express your opinion about Crosby or Giroux. Youre allowed to disagree with me, but condescending attitude is off topic. Like i said, express your opinion withOUT insulting others.

I'm not meaning my comment as insulting at all, I just think that in general that wishing harm on others that you have no personal experience with is an unhealthy line of thought, it doesn't produce anything of positivity and to my end, I cannot understand it. That is all.

My opinion on the matter is already expressed above, I believe if the slashes were as serious as the article lead on, there would have been a penalty. And I'm not sure how torn cartilage and bone spurs come from slashes.

#22 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 08:57 PM

Perfect. Your 2nd paragraph is all u needed to say. You might not want to Crosby get knocked out, and thats fine. But i think he deserves it, and so do a lot of other people. I forgive you for the personal attack.

#23 13dangledangle

13dangledangle

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,794 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 10:48 PM

That's a healthy mindset. You wish that a person you've never met should have his career ended and life significantly damaged. I pity you.

You kinda just did the same sort of thing back him so?
....Ladies and Gentlemen Jimmy "F%$*ing" Howard.

#24 jollymania

jollymania

Heavy Hitter

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,610 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:06 PM

I just want Crosby laid out once and for all. And i hope the stretcher guys drop him on the way out alla Modano style. I used to like Crosby, but the more he plays, the more I think he should be removed from the NHL.

sutton hammered and nearly deceased his teammate leopold. A few guys have gotten a piece of sid.
"I assure you the hits along the boards he(Aaron Downey) constantly threw SEVERAL TIMES EVERY SHIFT were far more damaging hits that what Kronwall throws."
- uk_redwing
HockeyArchive Twitter

#25 Bring Back The Bruise Bros

Bring Back The Bruise Bros

RIP Probie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 11:13 PM

sutton hammered and nearly deceased his teammate leopold. A few guys have gotten a piece of sid.

Too bad Mark Fistric didn't go East :(
"Ice hockey is a form of disorderly conduct in which the score is kept."

RIP Bob Probert
RIP Wade Belak
RIP Derek Boogaard
RIP Rick Rypien

#26 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 439 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:21 AM

when it comes to the flyers, no one is untouchable

#27 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:30 AM

It's almost commical how the article about Giroux turns into a Crosby bashing thread. I'd be willing to bet my live savings on this board overflowing with people commenting about Crosby being a whiny ***** if Giroux's name was replaced with Crosby's and Crosby's name was replaced with player "X".......i.e. Crosby whining about another playing slashing him or something.

#28 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:40 AM

I think Crosby is a dirty player. I might have gone overboard on the vengeance that I think he is due, but I still think he deserves to be laid out.

#29 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,025 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:49 AM

And, surprisingly, Colton Orr when he played for the Rags got a few licks in on Crosby.

As far as this, pretty nuts he played with a fractured wrist, and then the other one fractures. Crosby is a dickhead, but that's established. Can't wait for Philly/Pittsburgh games next year, that rivalry is at a fever pitch right now.

#NOMOREKINDL

#30 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:41 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tit_fbYnmLc

Thats got to be one of the sickest 1st shifts in a playoff game ever. Huge hit, huge goal. Anyone remember what game that was?

Just found this on youtube. Kinda off topic but I thought it was pretty funny. Someone probably had to change her pants after that sequence..

!
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#31 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:46 AM

Thats got to be one of the sickest 1st shifts in a playoff game ever. Huge hit, huge goal. Anyone remember what game that was?

It was series-clinching game 6.

Giroux approached Laviolette before the game and said he wanted the first shift. Then before they dropped the puck for the opening faceoff he apparently turned to Briere and said "watch this."

#32 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:12 PM

Maybe Giroux didn't hear the news: Weber won't have your back.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#33 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:22 PM

It was series-clinching game 6.

Giroux approached Laviolette before the game and said he wanted the first shift. Then before they dropped the puck for the opening faceoff he apparently turned to Briere and said "watch this."

Man thats pimp. now that you re-told the story, im starting to remember that whole exchange when Laviotlette told the press.
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#34 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Causes of bone spur in the wrist:

• An arthritic disease is the main reason for the bone spurs in wrist.
  • Chronic activity is also one of the reasons for the formation of bone spur.
  • Trauma to the wrist leads to bone spurs in the wrist.
  • Incorrect method of typing on the key board affects the wrist and becomes the reason for the bone spur.

Crosby's name isn't even on the list.

#35 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,871 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Crosby's name isn't even on the list.

:lol:

Not that I'm blaming Crosby, but "trauma to the wrist" sounds pretty relevant to taking hard slashes on the wrist.

#36 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:02 PM

Keep that crap out of the media's hands giroux and tell him yourself.

#37 sputman

sputman

4th Line Baggage

• HoF Booster
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

Just found this on youtube. Kinda off topic but I thought it was pretty funny. Someone probably had to change her pants after that sequence..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yldNNCxZWsI&feature=player_embedded#!

he's quickly earning a spot in my "favorite non-wing players" list.
Posted Image

#38 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 07:34 AM

No video proof? Interesting.

#39 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 08:42 AM

I recall back in 1994 when Messier laid out Scott Stevens in his first shift in Game 7 of the ECF. He set the tone for that game and went on to score a hat trick. The Rags went on to beat the Canucks in 7 to win the Cup. Giroux's hit on Sid reminded me of that. Set the tone early. Win the game later.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#40 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

I recall back in 1994 when Messier laid out Scott Stevens in his first shift in Game 7 of the ECF. He set the tone for that game and went on to score a hat trick. The Rags went on to beat the Canucks in 7 to win the Cup. Giroux's hit on Sid reminded me of that. Set the tone early. Win the game later.

Wasn't also the game he guaranteed a win? or was that game 6?

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock