• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Wings & Yandle twitter-rumors? Believable?

Rate this topic

Guest Hatethedrake!

Sources are telling me that the Wings have an offer on the table for Yandle. Later it could be on the fridge or in the porch. But right now? It's on the table. More to come...

Last time i checked verbal agreements don't equal signed contracts.

Will he be credible if he calls the Yandle to wings trade and calls each of the pieces involved? He said he is going to know the pieces involved soon

If you have the sources to claim a verbal agreement is in place, it's fair to assume that will lead to a signed contract soon after. Besides, he also reported a verbal agreement of Parise to Pittsburgh and we know now that the Penguins weren't even Parise's second choice. That's 0 for 2 on the two biggest free agents this summer alone.

I get the impression that this "insider" may have a few sources that indicate interest on a player/trade and he basically fills in the rest on his own terms.

Guys like Dreger, McKenzie don't have to guess what is going to happen because they are reputable enough to actually know first-hand. If you throw out enough scenarios and speculation, some are bound to stick.

If he gets the Yandle thing right, then it's a step in the right direction of me taking him seriously. Until then, I don't consider him reliable.

Speaking of twitter, a tad off subject, but today my 5 year old is having ******** surgery and my avatar, Katie Morgan, sent me a personal tweet giving best wishes to him! She said, Hang in there! Lol!

Ok, back to topic....trade.Franz not Flip!

Really? T3sticle is censored? Lol!

Edited by LeftWinger

I follow "Hockeyy Insiderr" and does seem to be calling some of these transactions before they are official. Numerous times he's said something then a couple hours later Dreger will tweet it. He called Semin to Carolina the day before it happend, so there may be some truth to this guy.

As for the trade itself, hate to lose Flip and Nyquist, but 25 year old, really good offensive defensemen with cap friendly contracts don't fall from the sky.

My biggest gripe is the tantrum the guy threw when he was wrong about Suter and Parise. When people were calling him out on being wrong, he sent out a string of whiny tweets about how he'd block anyone questioning him or his sources. If you've really been employed by four NHL teams, and have a number of credible sources, I'd guess that you'd be a little more professional than that.

My God Flip and Nyquist and a first are HUGE to give up, we better get someone else back in return. Our top six doesn't look great without em, I loved seeing Nyquist and Datsyuk on a line, and Flip and Z on a line.

Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi

Brunner-Z-Sammy??

Do you think we should consider hockeyyInsiderr a reliable source at this point? Lately he has been dead on and sometimes several days before everyone else. I still hear some bashing about him going in here and I really wonder if those people actually follow the guy regularly and see how accurate he has been. I don't have time at the moment to detail every deal he has cracked, but from recent memory it has been impressive.

Don't follow hickeyinsiderr but I'll check him out. There aren't exactly informative tweeters but I follow @Hockeyfights and @Razor5hole (Daryl "Razor" Reaugh)

"I've had many problems in my life, most of which were imagined." - Mark Twain

Chuck Dee - AKA Chris

Edited by chuckdee

To me he's not a legit source.

Even if he gets this one right, to me any "anonymous hockey insider" with alleged connections to multiple teams has too much potential for BS. It could easily just be a guy who follows a ton of hockey related twitter feeds, fan forums, and makes some educated guesses.

A legitimate source is someone who has their name and identity out there and has a responsibility to get things right and integrity to uphold. Like Dreger and McKenzie.

http://spectorshocke...e-july-30-2012/ read down to the area where the redwings are concerned. If already posted, good

Here's the direct link to Kukla's Korner where Malik pretty much dismantles the rumor.

http://www.kuklaskorner.com/index.php/tmr/comments/red_wings_overnight_report_grumpily_debunking_the_filppula-yandle_rumor/

We're desperate for a D man like this you gotta give up some good peices to get good peices... Everyone's bitching about having the same team for the last 4 years and this shakes things up... Yandle is a stud and can almost get as much points as a defenseman as flippula gets on the 2nd line

Guest RedWingsDad

Well, if I had to make a prediction after Lidstrom retired and we missed on Suter... "Red Wings are front runner to trade for Yandle."... would be an easy one to make based on basic common sense. We know he may be available for trade, and we have a nice Yandle sized hole to fill. I don't see what the big deal is....

Edited by RedWingsDad