Photo
- - - - -

Wings & Yandle twitter-rumors? Believable?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#21 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:38 AM

How do you know that didn't actually happen?

Because Suter didn't sign here the next day?

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#22 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:45 AM

Because Suter didn't sign here the next day?

Last time i checked verbal agreements don't equal signed contracts.

Will he be credible if he calls the Yandle to wings trade and calls each of the pieces involved? He said he is going to know the pieces involved soon
[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#23 Din758

Din758

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,177 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:13 AM

seeing all the guys on twitter (TSN'ers, russo tribune) rip on him and call him fake and a loser, makes me believe that he is actually more credible than they try to say. They dont rip on anyone else but him.

almost like theyre pissed because someone who isnt employed by a major media company is getting more info that they are. Like they want the glory of being the one who reported it.

I follow him, but but believe it until the wings official twitter announces it
Crosby is a crybaby *****

#24 GSBrooks13

GSBrooks13

1st Line All-Star

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,095 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:25 AM

seeing all the guys on twitter (TSN'ers, russo tribune) rip on him and call him fake and a loser, makes me believe that he is actually more credible than they try to say. They dont rip on anyone else but him.

almost like theyre pissed because someone who isnt employed by a major media company is getting more info that they are. Like they want the glory of being the one who reported it.

I follow him, but but believe it until the wings official twitter announces it

I don't think that's quite accurate. The TSN guys (especially this summer) have dismissed quite a few rumours. I specifically remember Dreger shutting down Eklund rumours multiple times at the beginning of the summer and there have been quite a few jokes made at the expense of Eklund on Twitter by many Mainstream Media members, that doesn't make Eklund any more legit.

"Push the dirt off your jersey then go for the cup or the trophy or the ring, champion no matter what."

#25 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:27 AM

I am hearing Yandle to the Wings for Filppula, Nyquist and a 1st. I will have more as soon as I confirm with my sources Bert and Ernie. More to come..stay tuned...
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#26 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,997 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:00 PM

I am hearing Yandle to the Wings for Filppula, Nyquist and a 1st. I will have more as soon as I confirm with my sources Bert and Ernie. More to come..stay tuned...

This guy is one of your sources??? I guess I have to believe it now... :lol:
Posted Image

#27 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:01 PM

Sources are telling me that the Wings have an offer on the table for Yandle. Later it could be on the fridge or in the porch. But right now? It's on the table. More to come...
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#28 Lonewuhf

Lonewuhf

Rookie

• Pip
  • 199 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:05 PM

http://www.kuklaskor...a-yandle_rumor/

#29 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:09 PM

Last time i checked verbal agreements don't equal signed contracts.

Will he be credible if he calls the Yandle to wings trade and calls each of the pieces involved? He said he is going to know the pieces involved soon

If you have the sources to claim a verbal agreement is in place, it's fair to assume that will lead to a signed contract soon after. Besides, he also reported a verbal agreement of Parise to Pittsburgh and we know now that the Penguins weren't even Parise's second choice. That's 0 for 2 on the two biggest free agents this summer alone.

I get the impression that this "insider" may have a few sources that indicate interest on a player/trade and he basically fills in the rest on his own terms.

Guys like Dreger, McKenzie don't have to guess what is going to happen because they are reputable enough to actually know first-hand. If you throw out enough scenarios and speculation, some are bound to stick.

If he gets the Yandle thing right, then it's a step in the right direction of me taking him seriously. Until then, I don't consider him reliable.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#30 SaCkaveli20

SaCkaveli20

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:40 PM

Nyquist, Filppula, & 1st.
If thats true...good god.

#31 Nyquistfan14

Nyquistfan14

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 12:56 PM

Nyquist, Filppula, & 1st.
If thats true...good god.

For that package we should be getting Hanzal back as well

#32 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:02 PM

I agree.

#33 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,815 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:06 PM

Speaking of twitter, a tad off subject, but today my 5 year old is having ******** surgery and my avatar, Katie Morgan, sent me a personal tweet giving best wishes to him! She said, Hang in there! Lol!

Ok, back to topic....trade.Franz not Flip!

Really? T3sticle is censored? Lol!

Edited by LeftWinger, 30 July 2012 - 01:08 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Nestrasil, yes...Cleary....No!

Dump Q and K Now!

#34 xtrememachine1

xtrememachine1

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,434 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:51 PM

I follow "Hockeyy Insiderr" and does seem to be calling some of these transactions before they are official. Numerous times he's said something then a couple hours later Dreger will tweet it. He called Semin to Carolina the day before it happend, so there may be some truth to this guy.

As for the trade itself, hate to lose Flip and Nyquist, but 25 year old, really good offensive defensemen with cap friendly contracts don't fall from the sky.

#35 Jesusberg

Jesusberg

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,769 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:55 PM

My biggest gripe is the tantrum the guy threw when he was wrong about Suter and Parise. When people were calling him out on being wrong, he sent out a string of whiny tweets about how he'd block anyone questioning him or his sources. If you've really been employed by four NHL teams, and have a number of credible sources, I'd guess that you'd be a little more professional than that.

#36 anthonyn66

anthonyn66

Wings fan in Leaf Nation

• PipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:56 PM

My God Flip and Nyquist and a first are HUGE to give up, we better get someone else back in return. Our top six doesn't look great without em, I loved seeing Nyquist and Datsyuk on a line, and Flip and Z on a line.
Franzen-Datsyuk-Bertuzzi
Brunner-Z-Sammy??

#37 chuckdee

chuckdee

Prospect

• 40 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 01:57 PM

Do you think we should consider hockeyyInsiderr a reliable source at this point? Lately he has been dead on and sometimes several days before everyone else. I still hear some bashing about him going in here and I really wonder if those people actually follow the guy regularly and see how accurate he has been. I don't have time at the moment to detail every deal he has cracked, but from recent memory it has been impressive.

Don't follow hickeyinsiderr but I'll check him out. There aren't exactly informative tweeters but I follow @Hockeyfights and @Razor5hole (Daryl "Razor" Reaugh)

Edited by chuckdee, 30 July 2012 - 01:58 PM.

#38 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,443 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:16 PM

Make the trade happen... Yandle is one of the most underrated defenseman in the league him an Kronwall will be a bonfire top pairing... Reports are saying they will want a d man back though

#39 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,651 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:20 PM

Filp nyq and a 1st?! I call bull****. I really don't think Kenny would give that much up.. Highly doubt that offer is "on the table."

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#40 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 17,139 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:23 PM

To me he's not a legit source.

Even if he gets this one right, to me any "anonymous hockey insider" with alleged connections to multiple teams has too much potential for BS. It could easily just be a guy who follows a ton of hockey related twitter feeds, fan forums, and makes some educated guesses.

A legitimate source is someone who has their name and identity out there and has a responsibility to get things right and integrity to uphold. Like Dreger and McKenzie.