Photo
- - - - -

Wings & Yandle twitter-rumors? Believable?

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

#41 Zetts

Zetts

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 965 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 02:29 PM

I've supported Holland to this point, but if he actually gave up all of that for Yandle, I'd have to seriously re-think my views.

#42 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:00 PM

Yandle is worth it people

#43 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:05 PM

http://spectorshocke...e-july-30-2012/ read down to the area where the redwings are concerned. If already posted, good

#44 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,931 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

http://spectorshocke...e-july-30-2012/ read down to the area where the redwings are concerned. If already posted, good

Here's the direct link to Kukla's Korner where Malik pretty much dismantles the rumor.

http://www.kuklaskor...a-yandle_rumor/

#45 Cloune

Cloune

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 03:50 PM

yandle is the best

Edited by Cloune, 30 July 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#46 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:03 PM

I'm not buying it. Filppula, Nyquist, and a 1st for Yandle alone? Kenny Holland is NOT Scott Howson...

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#47 SoupSnake

SoupSnake

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:20 PM

Swap Emmerton or Kindl for Nyquist and I would pull the trigger.

#48 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:22 PM

We're desperate for a D man like this you gotta give up some good peices to get good peices... Everyone's bitching about having the same team for the last 4 years and this shakes things up... Yandle is a stud and can almost get as much points as a defenseman as flippula gets on the 2nd line

#49 predmonkee

predmonkee

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 59 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:24 PM

This guy is a joke. I wouldn't believe one word he says. If the wings have that offer on the table, phx would have already accepted it.

#50 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:27 PM

Well, if I had to make a prediction after Lidstrom retired and we missed on Suter... "Red Wings are front runner to trade for Yandle."... would be an easy one to make based on basic common sense. We know he may be available for trade, and we have a nice Yandle sized hole to fill. I don't see what the big deal is....

Edited by RedWingsDad, 30 July 2012 - 04:29 PM.

Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#51 WingsAlways

WingsAlways

Grind Line 2.0

• PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 04:30 PM

We're desperate for a D man like this you gotta give up some good peices to get good peices... Everyone's bitching about having the same team for the last 4 years and this shakes things up... Yandle is a stud and can almost get as much points as a defenseman as flippula gets on the 2nd line

Yeah but is he worth displacing our top 6 and destabilizing our bottom 6?

I'd like to acquire Yandle as much as anyone else but 2 top 6 forwards and a 1st round pick is robbery any way you look at it.

Swap Emmerton or Kindl for Nyquist and I would pull the trigger

+1

As much as I think this guy is an attention seeking, follower hunting joke, I find myself with twitter open...

Damn it.

Edited by WingsAlways, 30 July 2012 - 04:38 PM.

"Wow Chicago, you've won four Stanley Cups? Me too! - Kris Draper"

#52 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:07 PM

Make the trade happen... Yandle is one of the most underrated defenseman in the league him an Kronwall will be a bonfire top pairing... Reports are saying they will want a d man back though

Yandle is NOT underrated. If anything, the opposite is true. He is named when the best defensemen in the league are spoken of, when in fact his play in his own end is average at best.

You may not be aware of this, but there IS a season after the next one, and one after that, and so on. The Wings may be in significant need of a good defenseman at this time, yes; but if the cost is too high right now, wisdom dictates waiting until next offseason. Blowing the future to as to avoid the possibility of one mediocre season would be stupid in the extreme.

This coming season might be difficult. Should that be the case, it'll be your decision as to whether you'll stay on the wagon or jump off it.

#53 Dominator2005

Dominator2005

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,223 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:35 PM

Flip + Nyquist + 1st rounder is way too much even for a quality yound DEF such as Yandle... if they add Ekman-Larsson well that's another thing

I would prefer something like; Franzen + (one of) Miller/Eaves/Tatar + 2nd rounder for Yandle.

People don't understand that Flip will just get better, he will be Dats JR for the years to come...
"Some guys dream about scoring goals, or making big saves... I swear to God I dream about kicking ass in a hockey fight - no other way to say it than I love to do it, its who I am"... Brian McGrattan

#54 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:54 PM

Oh boy another try to get a star player from the western conference.give it up already kenny,lol

#55 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:55 PM

Yandle is NOT underrated. If anything, the opposite is true. He is named when the best defensemen in the league are spoken of, when in fact his play in his own end is average at best.

You may not be aware of this, but there IS a season after the next one, and one after that, and so on. The Wings may be in significant need of a good defenseman at this time, yes; but if the cost is too high right now, wisdom dictates waiting until next offseason. Blowing the future to as to avoid the possibility of one mediocre season would be stupid in the extreme.

This coming season might be difficult. Should that be the case, it'll be your decision as to whether you'll stay on the wagon or jump off it.

So what would be the plan for next year than? Yandle is cheap and short enough term. There's no free agents of his calibre that is goingto sign that cheap.
People think they're "smarter" hockey fans because they are patient and don't want to do make moves with core players. It would be stupid not to get this guy for so cheap salary wise. It gives us lots of money to just spice up a nice lineup with depth guys and a top sixer in te coming years
And what happens in that awkward moment when flippula wants his lifetime contract? Count your losses and build around some new core peices

#56 Seraph

Seraph

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,145 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 05:58 PM

I feel like this guy is reading our message board and feeding back the same crap we are talking about as if they were rumors. Yandle with Plan C being Bouwmeester??

Formerly known as The Nephilim.

QUOTE (Amberoonie)
Babs sure hurries himself into the presser, sits down, and f*cks up a bottle of water like no one in the room has had any for days.

#57 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,958 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

If we traded for Yandle I would thank the lord everyday we didn't sign Suter to that contract

#58 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:02 PM

So what would be the plan for next year than? Yandle is cheap and short enough term. There's no free agents of his calibre that is goingto sign that cheap.
People think they're "smarter" hockey fans because they are patient and don't want to do make moves with core players. It would be stupid not to get this guy for so cheap salary wise. It gives us lots of money to just spice up a nice lineup with depth guys and a top sixer in te coming years
And what happens in that awkward moment when flippula wants his lifetime contract? Count your losses and build around some new core peices

I believe the franchise is comfortable with him being the second line center for a long time. If I'm going to trade Filpulla it's going to be for a top pairing defenseman that's good defensively. We already have a pretty good offensively focus defense if White/Kronwall/Quincey that have all proven to be point producers on the back end, what we need is a Willie Mitchell type defenseman that can play with Kronwall, let him roam a little more and create chances and be a force in the defensive zone.

If the Wings brass thinks Yandle can improve his defensive game a lot then I'd be alright with it, but I'm not personally sold on Yandle ever becoming more than a Rafalski mold one way defenseman.

If we traded for Yandle I would thank the lord everyday we didn't sign Suter to that contract

That's ridiculous, Suter is a legitimate two way top pairing defenseman, there hasn't been a free agent of his caliber on both ends of the ice in a long time. An elite player will always be paid more in free agency, that's how it works. You pay more for a player because he doesn't cost you any assets outside of capspace.

We probably overpaid for Rafalski, but I'm pretty sure I'd do that deal every time considering how well he fit into our team, and our need for powerplay help and playing with Lidstrom.

Edited by Carman, 30 July 2012 - 06:07 PM.

#59 puck9595

puck9595

Draftee

• 14 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

Flip + Nyquist + 1st rounder is way too much even for a quality yound DEF such as Yandle... if they add Ekman-Larsson well that's another thing

I would prefer something like; Franzen + (one of) Miller/Eaves/Tatar + 2nd rounder for Yandle.

People don't understand that Flip will just get better, he will be Dats JR for the years to come...

so....your table scraps for a young defensemen that can log 25 minutes a night. At this point it's not even about next year, with Weber taken off the market we're lookin at Sergei Gonchar and Kimmo Timonen next year on July 1st. A Top 3 Of Kronwall, Yandle, and Smith for the next 6 years is solid. Pull the trigger.

Edited by puck9595, 30 July 2012 - 06:09 PM.

#60 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,543 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:06 PM

I feel like this guy is reading our message board and feeding back the same crap we are talking about as if they were rumors. Yandle with Plan C being Bouwmeester??

nah I feel like this IS someone from our boards just trying to mess around.
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY