• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Wings & Yandle twitter-rumors? Believable?

Rate this topic

We're desperate for a D man like this you gotta give up some good peices to get good peices... Everyone's bitching about having the same team for the last 4 years and this shakes things up... Yandle is a stud and can almost get as much points as a defenseman as flippula gets on the 2nd line

Yeah but is he worth displacing our top 6 and destabilizing our bottom 6?

I'd like to acquire Yandle as much as anyone else but 2 top 6 forwards and a 1st round pick is robbery any way you look at it.

Swap Emmerton or Kindl for Nyquist and I would pull the trigger

+1

As much as I think this guy is an attention seeking, follower hunting joke, I find myself with twitter open...

Damn it.

Edited by WingsAlways

Guest Crymson

Make the trade happen... Yandle is one of the most underrated defenseman in the league him an Kronwall will be a bonfire top pairing... Reports are saying they will want a d man back though

Yandle is NOT underrated. If anything, the opposite is true. He is named when the best defensemen in the league are spoken of, when in fact his play in his own end is average at best.

We're desperate for a D man like this you gotta give up some good peices to get good peices... Everyone's bitching about having the same team for the last 4 years and this shakes things up... Yandle is a stud and can almost get as much points as a defenseman as flippula gets on the 2nd line

You may not be aware of this, but there IS a season after the next one, and one after that, and so on. The Wings may be in significant need of a good defenseman at this time, yes; but if the cost is too high right now, wisdom dictates waiting until next offseason. Blowing the future to as to avoid the possibility of one mediocre season would be stupid in the extreme.

This coming season might be difficult. Should that be the case, it'll be your decision as to whether you'll stay on the wagon or jump off it.

Flip + Nyquist + 1st rounder is way too much even for a quality yound DEF such as Yandle... if they add Ekman-Larsson well that's another thing

I would prefer something like; Franzen + (one of) Miller/Eaves/Tatar + 2nd rounder for Yandle.

People don't understand that Flip will just get better, he will be Dats JR for the years to come...

Yandle is NOT underrated. If anything, the opposite is true. He is named when the best defensemen in the league are spoken of, when in fact his play in his own end is average at best.

You may not be aware of this, but there IS a season after the next one, and one after that, and so on. The Wings may be in significant need of a good defenseman at this time, yes; but if the cost is too high right now, wisdom dictates waiting until next offseason. Blowing the future to as to avoid the possibility of one mediocre season would be stupid in the extreme.

This coming season might be difficult. Should that be the case, it'll be your decision as to whether you'll stay on the wagon or jump off it.

So what would be the plan for next year than? Yandle is cheap and short enough term. There's no free agents of his calibre that is goingto sign that cheap.

People think they're "smarter" hockey fans because they are patient and don't want to do make moves with core players. It would be stupid not to get this guy for so cheap salary wise. It gives us lots of money to just spice up a nice lineup with depth guys and a top sixer in te coming years

And what happens in that awkward moment when flippula wants his lifetime contract? Count your losses and build around some new core peices

So what would be the plan for next year than? Yandle is cheap and short enough term. There's no free agents of his calibre that is goingto sign that cheap.

People think they're "smarter" hockey fans because they are patient and don't want to do make moves with core players. It would be stupid not to get this guy for so cheap salary wise. It gives us lots of money to just spice up a nice lineup with depth guys and a top sixer in te coming years

And what happens in that awkward moment when flippula wants his lifetime contract? Count your losses and build around some new core peices

I believe the franchise is comfortable with him being the second line center for a long time. If I'm going to trade Filpulla it's going to be for a top pairing defenseman that's good defensively. We already have a pretty good offensively focus defense if White/Kronwall/Quincey that have all proven to be point producers on the back end, what we need is a Willie Mitchell type defenseman that can play with Kronwall, let him roam a little more and create chances and be a force in the defensive zone.

If the Wings brass thinks Yandle can improve his defensive game a lot then I'd be alright with it, but I'm not personally sold on Yandle ever becoming more than a Rafalski mold one way defenseman.

If we traded for Yandle I would thank the lord everyday we didn't sign Suter to that contract

That's ridiculous, Suter is a legitimate two way top pairing defenseman, there hasn't been a free agent of his caliber on both ends of the ice in a long time. An elite player will always be paid more in free agency, that's how it works. You pay more for a player because he doesn't cost you any assets outside of capspace.

We probably overpaid for Rafalski, but I'm pretty sure I'd do that deal every time considering how well he fit into our team, and our need for powerplay help and playing with Lidstrom.

Edited by Carman

Flip + Nyquist + 1st rounder is way too much even for a quality yound DEF such as Yandle... if they add Ekman-Larsson well that's another thing

I would prefer something like; Franzen + (one of) Miller/Eaves/Tatar + 2nd rounder for Yandle.

People don't understand that Flip will just get better, he will be Dats JR for the years to come...

so....your table scraps for a young defensemen that can log 25 minutes a night. At this point it's not even about next year, with Weber taken off the market we're lookin at Sergei Gonchar and Kimmo Timonen next year on July 1st. A Top 3 Of Kronwall, Yandle, and Smith for the next 6 years is solid. Pull the trigger.

Edited by puck9595

And considering Filppula's is a UFA next year. And unless he is bottling up his anxiety to get out of detroit, I assume he would resign with us, but you can't say that for the coyotes. It makes him a lot more valuable to us than he is to them.

Edited by puck9595

Maybe Filp will take one for the team.. Go there for a year then resign with us next off season haha

Off topic so apologies, but this is exactly what me and my friend think up when we notice that Yzerman and Stamkos's contracts run out in the same year. Be nice if we could bring the former, then the latter, here :P

EDIT: In fact looking back, its not 'exactly' what we think, but sort of along similar lines hehe

Edited by Wing Across The Pond

Off topic so apologies, but this is exactly what me and my friend think up when we notice that Yzerman and Stamkos's contracts run out in the same year. Be nice if we could bring the former, then the latter, here :P

EDIT: In fact looking back, its not 'exactly' what we think, but sort of along similar lines hehe

Hahaha me and my friend made a joke about that too. God I would love to see stammer in the winged wheel.. (obviously).

Don't think anyone would led go of a player like Val.

if rumors are true this isnt hollands first attempt at moving him and nyquist. (nash trade)

I would hate to see fil go. i think i would hate to see nyquist go more. im still banking on nyquist being the next dats

Guest Crymson

I think we're going to see Holland wait until next offseason. That may indeed be the best option in the overall sense.

Guest Hatethedrake!

I think Kenny will wait to sign one of the left over UFA dmen at his price. 1 of Kubina or Roszival. Likely at 1 year@3mil.

Nyquist-Dats-Mule

Flip-Z-Sammy

Cleary-Helm-Bert

Eaves-Abs-Toots

Miller-Brunner

Kron-White

Quincey-Smith

Ericsson-(Kubina or Roszival)

Kindl

Howard-Monster

If we're trying to target a TOP defensemen who is everyone looking at in next years FA. Who else besides Edler is everyone looking at as a premiere defensemen. Murray? Kimmo? Yandle is young, he's signed for a couple seasons, there's really no reason to hold out on him. if Weber was still out there then i would wait. But that class as it stands is not worth waiting for.

Edited by puck9595

I really hope we don't that's for sure, and though off topic I would miss Mules 30 goals for his 3.9 cap hit too.

To step off topic with you for a moment, we've already lost Hudler's 25 goals so I hope Tootoo and Sammy can at least combine to make that up. I'd hate to see both Fil AND Nyquist go, we still don't know what Brunner is capable of.

Edited by WingsAlways

I think Kenny will wait to sign one of the left over UFA dmen at his price. 1 of Kubina or Roszival. Likely at 1 year@3mil.

Nyquist-Dats-Mule

Flip-Z-Sammy

Cleary-Helm-Bert

Eaves-Abs-Toots

Miller-Brunner

Kron-White

Quincey-Smith

Ericsson-(Kubina or Roszival)

Kindl

Howard-Monster

I would agree with all except line combo's