Photo
- - - - -

Sabres Re-sign Forward Kaleta to Multi-year Contract.

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 07:21 AM

From TSN:

Patrick Kaleta cashed in on his pesky role with the Buffalo Sabres by agreeing to a three-year, $3.825
contract with the team on Tuesday.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#2 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:09 PM

That's way too much for Kaleta, but that said, I love that guy. He's like Tootoo but a little bigger, a little better fighter, and still can turn in a decent shift each night.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#3 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:20 PM

That's way too much for Kaleta, but that said, I love that guy. He's like Tootoo but a little bigger, a little better fighter, and still can turn in a decent shift each night.

That's the total value of the contract, not per year. He'll be making $1.25 mill a year, which is less than Tootoo.

#4 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:28 PM

Also, his forehead is bigger.

#5 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

Bring on Regehr to Detroit... They have 8 or 9 d-men right now.

#6 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,911 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:03 PM

Every contract signing discussion needs one of these replies:

Fire Holland!

:lol:
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#7 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,572 posts

Posted 01 August 2012 - 01:12 PM

That's the total value of the contract, not per year. He'll be making $1.25 mill a year, which is less than Tootoo.

Aha, that makes way more sense. I'd have signed that one in a heartbeat then.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#8 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,605 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:13 AM

Perhaps after a stay in the "Leino Lounge", the party might be over over; from Buffalo News:

“You should be pissed off. You should play with a little piss and vinegar. You shouldn’t be happy. We’re not in position we want to be in. We have to work harder, come in and do something about it.”

Kaleta spoke after taking extra drills with fellow healthy scratch John Scott. No other players were in the locker room to hear the Angola native question if the team wants or needs him at this point. As the media was talking to interim coach Ron Rolston, multiple observers said Kaleta was howling in anger on the ice while finishing his work.

The locker room cauldron bubbled even more after the game when goaltender Ryan Miller was asked about Kaleta.

“He’s being dramatic. We’re not discussing what Patty says to you guys,” Miller said, anger flaring in his eyes. “That’s just drama and he needs to just grow up if he’s going to say that.

“You know what? He had a stupid play in a game. He sat, he was punished. He has to get over it and move on. We handled it. He doesn’t have to go to you guys and say that stuff. There, I’m addressing it right now.”

Good for Ryan Miller; it had to be said and he seems to be the right man to say it.

#9 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,516 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:20 AM

So they resigned a guy causing drama?
Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#10 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,113 posts

Posted 18 March 2013 - 07:39 AM

So they resigned a guy causing drama?

They re-signed him 8 or so months ago. I was thinking the same thing :lol: