• Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

#41 turbowhistle86

turbowhistle86

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:46 PM

Right now scoring goals isn't our #1 concern...

If we enjoy making it more than 1 round into the playoffs it better become a priority.

#42 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:06 PM

Get a couple decent veterans to minimize the damage of Erikson & Quincy. There is nothing else he can do. That being said he will have to improve our forward ranks. If we give up more goals we will have to score more goals. Right now D is sub par, Our O is probably average. One of those will have to ofset the other. IMO anyway. Can't wait to see the Russians together again!!!

#43 Motown4013

Motown4013

1st Line All-Star

• Silver Booster
  • 1,067 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:26 PM

Filppula, Samuelsson, Bertuzzi and 2013 1st to Buffalo for Tyler Myers. Franzen, Kindl, and 2014 1st to Tampa for Hedman.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Brunner
Mursak-Helm-Emmerton
Eaves-Miller-Nyquist
Tootoo-Abdelkader-Cleary

Kronwall-Myers
Hedman-White
Smith-Ericsson

Howard
Gustavsson

That defense would be killer.

Ok, the defense would be killer but just LOOK at the second line you concocted. Really? You know we also have to SCORE goals too, right?
Also, thats a whole lotta talent for Myers, a young kid who has had one good season....Not a great, superlative or amazing season- it was a good season.

Edited by Motown4013, 03 August 2012 - 01:27 PM.

Raising another Red Wings Fan!

The future looks bright in Hockeytown!
GUSTAV SNIPEQUIST!

#44 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:35 PM

Is this a joke? Id rather not trade away half our offense for a couple dmen. We'd be better off before that trade.

I like speed on O, size on D.

#45 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:45 PM

Girardi & Regehr, plz.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#46 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,631 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:09 PM

I like speed on O, size on D.

I do too. But I also like scoring goals on O.

Trading for one top d man (probably sometime after the season starts or at the deadline) while getting rid of a smaller amount of offense then signing a third pair guy like kubina or coliacavo is our best bet.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#47 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:18 PM

If we could get him on a one year contract, would anybody be opposed to signing Jason Arnott as a cheaper, but roughly similar player to Shane Doan?

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#48 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 02:24 PM

agree with kip... think we could have avoided this situation in a big way by not putting all of our eggs into the suter / parise basket. none the less, there is still potential out there whether it be trade or an overlooked / or maybe even underrated FA. i would rather the wings sign someone cheap and test the waters a little bit with what we have before going straight for a trade.

jurcina could work... big body guy has a big shot but isnt great defensively by any means. still could suffice in the bottom pairing. clark, gilroy, kubina, foster all could turn out to be a bargain. spacek plays well in his own zone and i think would be a solid signing as well especially at this point. hannan provides grit and can log some minutes but really isnt great defensively he does add toughness for sure which our blueline could really use.

edit to mention i dont like the idea of coloaiacovo or rozsival due to their injury issues but do think if healthy they could both help us out. reward is not worth the risk though IMO

Edited by DangleDangleBeach, 03 August 2012 - 02:27 PM.

#49 dobbles

dobbles

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 03:03 PM

Filppula, Samuelsson, Bertuzzi and 2013 1st to Buffalo for Tyler Myers. Franzen, Kindl, and 2014 1st to Tampa for Hedman.

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Brunner
Mursak-Helm-Emmerton
Eaves-Miller-Nyquist
Tootoo-Abdelkader-Cleary

Kronwall-Myers
Hedman-White
Smith-Ericsson

Howard
Gustavsson

That defense would be killer.

this isnt nhl12 on playstation. teams dont just trade away young potential stud defensemen for spare parts.

its impossible to take you seriously when you always propose these absurd trades.

I love Maltby, but to say he wasn't a ****** is a dis-service to his career of douchebaggery.

#50 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

Are you thinking of Ole-Kristian Tollefsen? We got him in the Leino trade from Philly. I know he was always pegged as a marginal NHL player and spent all of his time with the Wings in GR. I think he decided playing back in Europe was better for him.

No, this guy was mentioned on here around the same time Brunner was first mentioned...

Edit: Jonas Holos was his name...wonder what is up with him....

If we could get him on a one year contract, would anybody be opposed to signing Jason Arnott as a cheaper, but roughly similar player to Shane Doan?

Yes....yes....and yes.

Edited by LeftWinger, 03 August 2012 - 05:44 PM.

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#51 jroc86

jroc86

Rookie

• Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 05:59 PM

Girardi & Regehr, plz.

Id love that - or something similar. Lets not kid ouselves, Girardi isn't going anywhere. I think Regehr would waive to come to Detroit and would likely resign next summer at a very affordable price and provide a Brad Stuart type blend of grit and defensive ability with a 225 lbs body.

#52 kipwinger

kipwinger

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,683 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

No, this guy was mentioned on here around the same time Brunner was first mentioned...

Edit: Jonas Holos was his name...wonder what is up with him....

Yes....yes....and yes.

It would give us the opportunity to add a little size up the middle, plus if he or and helm were the second line center then we could get Zetterberg back on the wing, which would really help on the top six.

GMRwings:  "Well, in other civilized countries, 16 years old isn't considered underage.  For instance, I believe the age of consent is 16 in Canada.  There's some US states where it's 16 as well.  

Get off the high horse.  Not like she was 10."

"Some girls are 17 even though they look 25."

#53 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,623 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

Ok, so, lets sign Arnott and Kubina (and of course Abby) and hit the road running... We'd have to lose three of Emmerton/Mursak/Miller/Eaves/Cleary though... but I do believe Arnott brings more to this team than Emmerton or Mursak...unfortunately for them. Of course I think I heard Nyquist has options left to be sent down, so that is always a possibilty to start the season to see who steps it up...

Trading Mursak/Emmerton would bring a couple of draft picks and if they to dump one more of Miller/Eaves or Cleary that would also bring a fairly nice draft pick, if Nyquist just tears up training camp and GR...

FORWARDS
Damien Brunner ($1.350m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m)
Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Danny Cleary ($2.800m)
Justin Abdelkader ($1.250m) / Jason Arnott ($3.750m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Pavel Kubina ($4.550m)
Kyle Quincey ($3.775m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
------

SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $64,733,712; BONUSES: $425,000
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $5,466,288

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#54 pucktividi

pucktividi

the usual suspect

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 08:22 PM

1.don't waste time on all those "rival" teams players :paperbag3:

2.explore the eastern conference market,try to trade for bogosian/subban/hamonic...

3.sign 1 of the UFA's d-men left

4.pray smith,kindl,ericsson,quincey are gonna have a great season

Edited by pucktividi, 03 August 2012 - 08:28 PM.

#55 joesuffP

joesuffP

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 09:50 PM

You'd think Pheonix would be more interested in Franzen than Flippula...

Franzen+Kindl+Mursak for Yandle

#56 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:08 PM

If I am Holland, I have to be looking over to my buddy Darcy Regier.... They currently have 9 defensemen under contract and only 1 with a 2 way contract (Brennan). Regehr and Leopold both have 1 year left on their contracts (4.02 and 3 million respectively). Both are 32 and are decent in size, with Regehr being bigger and I believe more defensively sound (Brad Stuart type). So you throw a package together to get one of those two guys, and throw a bid at Colaiacovo. In this scenario you sign Colaiacovo first, to get the insurance, and have Kindl traded (either in the package for Regehr/Leopold or for offensive help/picks). I figure we'll lose Emmerton or Mursak and a mid pick for Regehr/Leopold.

So here's what you're looking at:

CAPGEEK.COM USER GENERATED ROSTER
My Custom Lineup
FORWARDS
Gustav Nyquist ($0.875m) / Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / Damien Brunner ($1.350m)
Danny Cleary ($2.800m) / Darren Helm ($2.125m) / Mikael Samuelsson ($3.000m)
Todd Bertuzzi ($2.075m) / Justin Abdelkader ($1.350m) / Jordin Tootoo ($1.900m)
Patrick Eaves ($1.200m) / Drew Miller ($0.838m) /
DEFENSEMEN
Niklas Kronwall ($4.750m) / Ian White ($2.875m)
Robyn Regehr ($4.020m) / Kyle Quincey ($3.775m)
Jonathan Ericsson ($3.250m) / Brendan Smith ($0.875m)
Carlo Colaiacovo ($1.500m) /
GOALTENDERS
Jimmy Howard ($2.250m)
Jonas Gustavsson ($1.500m)
------
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (follow @capgeek on Twitter)
(these totals are compiled without the bonus cushion)
SALARY CAP: $70,200,000; CAP PAYROLL: $62,045,379; BONUSES: $462,500
CAP SPACE (23-man roster): $8,154,621

You'd think Pheonix would be more interested in Franzen than Flippula...

Franzen+Kindl+Mursak for Yandle

The problem with Franzen, for Phoenix, is the length of his contract. They are unsure what is going to happen with the team financially, long term. Better to get a guy like Filppula who has tremendous upside and is only signed for one season, just in case they go under or something.

#57 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 10:59 PM

I'm only ever half-serious about us getting Girardi. But I do think he could be had. (I think any player can be had, given the right offer.) Kronwall-Girardi. How sweet would that be?

I like Regehr a lot. He's got a good head on his shoulders, good work ethic, dependable guy. As mentioned, big and physical. And he's Brazilian (or, at least, born there. Call it what you will.) I like Brazilians. My girlfriend's Brazilian. Blanka is Brazilian!!

I've mentioned Arnott's name a few times. Playing on the third or fourth line, he'd give us some much needed depth at center and size in the bottom-6 (guy is BIG). He was good for 17 goals in 72 games played last season. Not too bad for an over-the-hill 37-year-old. He's no Shane Doan, though.

Edited by Dabura, 04 August 2012 - 12:00 AM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#58 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 11:58 PM

I would love Arnott here, but that only makes sense if we move a few forwards for a d-man...

Also putting Arnott in the 3rd line center position will stunt Helm's growth and development. Helm should be our #2 center, unless he can play the wings fine. We just have too many forwards as it is right now.

Datsyuk
Zetterberg
Franzen
Filppula
Samuelsson
Cleary
Bertuzzi
Helm
Abdelkader
Tootoo
Eaves
Miller

There are 12 NHL ready fowards and then:

Nyquist
Brunner
Mursak
Emmerton

I would like to see Nyquist and Brunner work out and play all season in the top 6. This means you need to lose All but two of Eaves, Miller, Mursak and Emmerton. Then you add in Arnott, so you need to lose another one. So the question is, who do you hold onto? And who gets sacrificed for Arnott? Essentially, for Arnott to be in, we either need to trade a main player away or send Brunner or Nyquist down. I'm not quite sure it's worth that (unless one of the two kids don't work out).

#59 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:29 AM

I think we need a decent d man to relegate kindl to the press box I do not like on any defensive pairing coliacovo or Hannan could do that
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#60 X13WINGS13X

X13WINGS13X

#!*% Lebron, Lidstrom is the king.

• Pip
  • 116 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 12:37 AM

My opinion that has some decent risk with the potential for very high reward is to submit an offer sheet to Kulikov. Consistent and steady in all three zones with a high driven passing game and great work ethic. He's played in all situations and at the right price could be one of the best options in the league. I don't see a guy like Tallon, however letting him get away. My guess is the offer would have to be roughly 4mil, which sends a 1st rounder to Florida. I don't see any reason not to pursue for all the upside this kid brings.