• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
datterberg1340

Our Current Defense / What Holland Can Do *merged

Rate this topic

Guest The Axe

I expect Kronwall to show that he is a legit #1 dman. I don't think we really have a true #2 guy. White and Quincey are decent #3 and #4 guys. Quincey should be a little better this season. White does not get to play with Nick anymore so he will not be as good. Smith has the potential to be that #2 guy but he is not ready for this role yet. Ericsson is good on the 3rd pair and is a solid penalty killler. I have no use for Kindl. Just not a fan of his at all. I think with Kronwall stepping up and Smith coming in gives us some hope on the blueline.

Kindl and Emmerton will be biggest improved players this year. Dont give up. They can skate.

Guest Hatethedrake!

Kindl and Emmerton will be biggest improved players this year. Dont give up. They can skate.

Emmerton is another guy I have no use for. He plays like a monkey humping a football. Lots of action but nothing getting done. I don't see Kindl getting much better than he is now.

Emmerton is another guy I have no use for. He plays like a monkey humping a football. Lots of action but nothing getting done. I don't see Kindl getting much better than he is now.

Agree on Emmerton. Disagree on Kindl, I think he'll be a late bloomer....he has all the tools and looks like he just needs to find the confidence. Emmertons just fast, which is nice, but it doesnt get u anything without having at least one of hands, size, strength, vision.

Have you checked out his offensive numbers? the guy is an absolute stud in the offensive zone! maybe he projects to be better defensively than yandle but the point production is totally there.

They just play a totally different game in my mind. Ouellet is grittier and slower and just doesnt have that studly offensive d-man touch like Yandle does. And don't let the numbers deceive you, the juniors tend to be high scoring....

Ouellet 119pt in 173gp (68%)

Yandle 84pt in 66gp (127%)

Yandle scored almost double the amount that Ouellet has per games played in the juniors

Total different players...they can and will both be here eventually. I do like Dekeyser and think he is just a step behind Smith in developing. Holland may or may not pick him up. Either way, the defense looks very bright!

Kronwall, Quincey, Ericsson, Smith, Sproul, Ouellet, Mckee and the possibilty of DeKeyser....that is a nice lineup when you take a step back and look at it. Very nice future without Suter/Weber or Yandle...Wings D looks hot in 3-4 years!

very bright! I was just thinking of how tough our D will be in a few years. Smith, Sproul, Ouellet, Mckee.....4 guys that are all AGGRESSIVE motherf***ers, big strong and defensively responsible too.....its gonna be hell for other teams to cross the blue line or stand in front of the net, i wish em luck lol theyre gonna need it

Edited by number9