• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#41 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 12:10 PM

Smith is the only one of those players that is higher valued than Franzen right now.

Filppula will be once he signs a new contract but with 1 year left on his deal he probably has the least value of all of them. Teams are afraid he'll bolt back to the Wings after one season. The Ducks might be an exception where he is concerned though as Selanne absolutely loves him but even they have to value 8 years of Franzen over 1 of Flip.

Helm is arguably more valuable to the Wings but despite his stellar defensive play and elite level speed he seriously lacks offence.

Maybe with better linemates this season he'll develop that side of his game but even the best energy guys aren't more valuable than 30 goal scorers.

Good points. The only one i dont agree with is Franzens contract length being a good thing. Hes breaking down more and more as the years go by. It seems more like a prison sentence with each passing season.

#42 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:02 PM

Also, I don't see to many people complaining about the drop in goal production by Zetterberg and Datsyuk. Franzen's stayed consistant, while Z and Dats have gone down point wise.

Covering both ends of the ice night in and night out can take a lot out of you, something Franzen knows nothing about.

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#43 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,089 posts

Posted 03 August 2012 - 01:49 PM

This is so not happening.

Don't Toews me, bro!