• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matemate

Our current forwards.

Rate this topic

This... At some point in the cap world, you have to get significant contributions from young players either still on their entry level or second contract. The Wings have been able to hold off for nearly a decade on that front for the most part, but going into this next season (whenever it starts) it's pretty clear some of the youngsters are going to have to step up.

Given this, why would it be a bad thing moving Franzen or Filppula (plus, of course, a young gun or two and a high pick) for a top-flight defenseman? We have a surplus of forwards, a couple young guys in the mix (Nyquist, Abdelkader), and a whole lot of young talent coming down the pipeline (Tatar, Sheahan, Jurco et al.) It's a different situation on the back end; the womb is barren.

Given this, why would it be a bad thing moving Franzen or Filppula (plus, of course, a young gun or two and a high pick) for a top-flight defenseman? We have a surplus of forwards, a couple young guys in the mix (Nyquist, Abdelkader), and a whole lot of young talent coming down the pipeline (Tatar, Sheahan, Jurco et al.) It's a different situation on the back end; the womb is barren.

Not entirely...we just have better dmen drafted in the past few years aside from Smith, but aside from McKee and Lashoff we don't have many defensive dmen, mostly offensive....Almqvist, Sproul, Oulette, Smith and so on. But if you meant that none are ready to go other than Smith, then you sir are right.

Not entirely...we just have better dmen drafted in the past few years aside from Smith, but aside from McKee and Lashoff we don't have many defensive dmen, mostly offensive....Almqvist, Sproul, Oulette, Smith and so on. But if you meant that none are ready to go other than Smith, then you sir are right.

I'd call Sproul and Ouellet two way guys, they'eve shown they can be pretty defensively responsible thus far

I'd call Sproul and Ouellet two way guys, they'eve shown they can be pretty defensively responsible thus far

Sounds good. and the 2-way guys are very good to have. Kronwall fits that bill and i think in relatively quick time, Smith will as well. White would probalby fit that category as well. I can't wait to see those 2 in GR.

Guest The Axe

Sounds good. and the 2-way guys are very good to have. Kronwall fits that bill and i think in relatively quick time, Smith will as well. White would probalby fit that category as well. I can't wait to see those 2 in GR.

We better hope Smith and Kindl are what we expect.

We better hope Smith and Kindl are what we expect.

If by that you mean Smith makes it up to #2 dman on the team and Kindl holds down that #6 spot and is productive, then i hope we don't have to sit on our hands while the NHL is locked out and we'll find out sooner if they're what we expect. Imagine if we have to sit here for 4+ more months wondering the same stuff while millionaires negotiate nice and slow.

Guest The Axe

If by that you mean Smith makes it up to #2 dman on the team and Kindl holds down that #6 spot and is productive, then i hope we don't have to sit on our hands while the NHL is locked out and we'll find out sooner if they're what we expect. Imagine if we have to sit here for 4+ more months wondering the same stuff while millionaires negotiate nice and slow.

Yah, that would be a drag.

I wish they could make a play at Heatley I read they might want to trade him. Thats what the red wings need is a sniper. They have so many playmakers and always have so many "almost" goals its amazing. Could seem like that since I watch the Red WIngs the most maybe.

Yep.

Imagine if we have to sit here for 4+ more months wondering the same stuff while millionaires negotiate nice and slow.

Occupy NHL?

Edited by Dabura

I wish they could make a play at Heatley I read they might want to trade him. Thats what the red wings need is a sniper. They have so many playmakers and always have so many "almost" goals its amazing. Could seem like that since I watch the Red WIngs the most maybe.

Heatley is a steadily declining arrogant butthole. He's like a boner that's going limp :cheesy:

Yep.

Occupy NHL?

By this you mean...?

Yeah but he can score better than any current Wing.

:lol:

His 24 goals and 29 assists for 53 points last year in 82 games says otherwise. And he only got 64 points the year prior with 26 goals in 80 games.

So Franzen outscores him for goals, last year he got a whopping 3 more points than Hudler and in the past 2 seasons, hip point per game percentage is the same as Flips, who so many guys are willing to trade along with our top prospects for Ryan.

Heatley's value has plummeted.

Guest The Axe

:lol:

His 24 goals and 29 assists for 53 points last year in 82 games says otherwise. And he only got 64 points the year prior with 26 goals in 80 games.

So Franzen outscores him for goals, last year he got a whopping 3 more points than Hudler and in the past 2 seasons, hip point per game percentage is the same as Flips, who so many guys are willing to trade along with our top prospects for Ryan.

Heatley's value has plummeted.

He is not what he once was.

Guest Crymson

Yeah but he can score better than any current Wing.

You're kidding, right?

Occupy NHL?

The board of governors encompasses the 1%!