• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#41 pondrocket

pondrocket

Rookie

• Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 04:28 PM

We're on par with a team that hasn't made the playoffs since....when? Give your head a shake. The current Wings roster is still a playoff team and is WAY better than Calgary who just paid $4mil to HUDLER! 5 foot 8 table scraps that only got 50 points on a line with Z and Flip and held that line back all year. He'll have fun next year getting 35 points on the Flames with Iginla (feel bad for him cause he's always been one of my favorites) and who else do they have? Daymond Langkow?

Anyone who says we're on par with Calgary needs to go to the dark room until playoffs start next year and the Wings have home ice. Completely absurd.

It will be revieled long before the post season. Dats, Z & Kronwall won't be able to do it on their own & unless they can find a way to address the D Howard is in for a rough season. Look me up in December, if I am wrong I will be happy & will send you a gift card to buy lunch.

#42 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,641 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:58 PM

If the rumor is that Minn wants Hedman and Malone for Heatly, we will be in trouble if they do it....If I were Holland and Stevie is willing to give up Hedman and Malone, I would be throwing Franzen PLUS MORE his way and hope that Steve wants some former Wings down there!!!!

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#43 Salviaman

Salviaman

Tool + Red Wings = Bliss

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,288 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:07 PM

Child please
Think for yourself. Question authority. Throughout human history as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chance, it has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities who attempted to comfort us by giving us order, rules, regulations, informing, forming in our minds their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open mindedness, chaotic, confused vulnerability to inform yourself.

#44 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:54 PM

Heatly is not worth Hedman and Malone. Heatly hasn't really shown he's worth that much. 2nd rounder (maybe). Those trades between the Sharks and Wild last offeseaon screwed both teams I think. But honestly trading one of our forwards at some point is realistic. It's just a matter of who, where and for who? lol :P

#45 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,045 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

If the rumor is that Minn wants Hedman and Malone for Heatly, we will be in trouble if they do it....If I were Holland and Stevie is willing to give up Hedman and Malone, I would be throwing Franzen PLUS MORE his way and hope that Steve wants some former Wings down there!!!!

Yzerman is not an idiot. Heatley at this stage of his career, is an overpaid bum. I'd rather have Malone for his price and what he brings to the game over 7.5 million for a cherry picking Dany Heatley, let alone adding in Tampas best d-man. That rumor is gonna be false, I guarantee it.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan, 07 August 2012 - 08:41 PM.

#NOMOREKINDL

#46 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:44 PM

Hedman and Malone for Bertuzzi, Samuelsson, Holmstrom, Tootoo, and 7th round picks in 2013 and 2014.

#47 Hatethedrake!

Hatethedrake!

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 08:47 PM

Heatley has virtually no trade value right now given his declining play and bloated salary.
Jordan Tootoo will wreck shop.

We need someone like Parise that can penetrate the box.-blueadams

#48 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,585 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:25 PM

Heatly = overpaid, lazy
Malone = overpaid, injury issues
Hedman = fantastic defensively, entering prime
Yzerman = not stupid

#49 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 12:39 AM

Exactly. Cant trade scrubs for good players. I love how everyone on here thinks the Franzen and Nyquist package can get any NHL superstar in a trade.

#50 LeftWinger

LeftWinger

42 years in Detroit! Time to spend the rest in paradise!

• Silver Booster
  • 8,641 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 04:22 AM

Detnews.com says Wings are waiting on Holmstroms decision....

No Homer, no....

Don't Be Jealous, But I Live Here...

www.thinkdunes.com

Aww You Mad Bro? Are You Butt Hurt?

#51 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:53 AM

It will be revieled long before the post season. Dats, Z & Kronwall won't be able to do it on their own & unless they can find a way to address the D Howard is in for a rough season. Look me up in December, if I am wrong I will be happy & will send you a gift card to buy lunch.

There's a lot of capable difference makers on this team (Flip, Mule, Helm, even Quincey can put up .4 points per game) and some wild cards that could prove very useful (Nyquist, Brunner, Smith, even Tatar). Point is, add all the help stated there to Dats, Z and Kronwall, you have a Wings team that has potential to be as good as any other team in the league. Vancouver's 2nd line is not that great, nor are the Sharks, Preds lost depth, Chicago has 2 really good lines and then it falls off considerably after that....the Kings weren't supposed to win the cup last year with Kopitar, Brown, Doughty and a bunch of role players, but they did it. People also seem to forget it's only been 4 years since the Wings won the cup, before that it was 6. As far as i'm concerned, we're only 2 years away from the next batch of Wings to win the cup and silence the D bag critics once again.

For lunch, i would like chicken fingers and a poutine please :lol:

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#52 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:44 AM

The Wings need GOAL SCORING and TOUGHNESS.

#53 amato

amato

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,634 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:55 AM

Id take heatley if we could get him for a decent price.

Edit: altho with what minny supposedly counter offered, a decent price isn't going to happen

Edited by amato, 08 August 2012 - 08:57 AM.

Datsyukian

Dat·syu·ki·an [dat-soo-kee-uh n]

adjective

1. When your moves are so amazing and beyond reason, the only way to describe them is "datsyukian."

#54 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

The Wings need GOAL SCORING and TOUGHNESS.

Then don't suggest trading Tootoo, our only tough player!

esteef
"The Wings haven't won a Cup without Darren McCarty since 1955."

#55 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:28 AM

esteef

You think Tootoo is tough?

#56 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

Do we have anyone tougher?

esteef

#57 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:19 AM

esteef

Wrong.

Wrong.

#58 YougotDatsyuked

YougotDatsyuked

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 86 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:32 AM

If Holland signed Carkner axe would say he isn't tough either. He just likes to pop in every thread and write negative posts unless it's about Emmerton. The one guy everyone has a right to say his future isn't bright with the wings...

#59 RedWingsDad

RedWingsDad

Bigot

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 437 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:47 AM

If we are defining tough as willingness to check, scrap, and chirp.... Tootoo is the toughest guy on our team.
Tim Thomas - Patriot and generally awesome human being.

Romans 10:13 - For whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.

#60 esteef

esteef

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 8,874 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 10:53 AM

If we are defining tough as willingness to check, scrap, and chirp.... Tootoo is the toughest guy on our team.

Agree. Until Big E and Abby actually win a fight or Bert lands a meaningful punch, Toots is the guy.

esteef