• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
matemate

Our current forwards.

Rate this topic

It will be revieled long before the post season. Dats, Z & Kronwall won't be able to do it on their own & unless they can find a way to address the D Howard is in for a rough season. Look me up in December, if I am wrong I will be happy & will send you a gift card to buy lunch.

There's a lot of capable difference makers on this team (Flip, Mule, Helm, even Quincey can put up .4 points per game) and some wild cards that could prove very useful (Nyquist, Brunner, Smith, even Tatar). Point is, add all the help stated there to Dats, Z and Kronwall, you have a Wings team that has potential to be as good as any other team in the league. Vancouver's 2nd line is not that great, nor are the Sharks, Preds lost depth, Chicago has 2 really good lines and then it falls off considerably after that....the Kings weren't supposed to win the cup last year with Kopitar, Brown, Doughty and a bunch of role players, but they did it. People also seem to forget it's only been 4 years since the Wings won the cup, before that it was 6. As far as i'm concerned, we're only 2 years away from the next batch of Wings to win the cup and silence the D bag critics once again.

For lunch, i would like chicken fingers and a poutine please :lol:

Guest The Axe

Then don't suggest trading Tootoo, our only tough player!

esteef

You think Tootoo is tough?

Guest RedWingsDad

If we are defining tough as willingness to check, scrap, and chirp.... Tootoo is the toughest guy on our team.

Guest The Axe

Agree. Until Big E and Abby actually win a fight or Bert lands a meaningful punch, Toots is the guy.

esteef

Spot on. Tootoo is our toughest guy. He is not tough, though. Kocur was tough. Probert was tough. Id put Tootoo on a toughness level of Dino, but without the offensive punch.

Spot on. Tootoo is our toughest guy. He is not tough, though. Kocur was tough. Probert was tough. Id put Tootoo on a toughness level of Dino, but without the offensive punch.

No one will ever be Kocur or Probert, and it's foolish to compare. Tootoo is damn tough, he just isn't big. He's got the heart of a lion and he's gonna surprise alot of Wings fans this season. Mark my words.

No one will ever be Kocur or Probert, and it's foolish to compare. Tootoo is damn tough, he just isn't big. He's got the heart of a lion and he's gonna surprise alot of Wings fans this season. Mark my words.

I agree. If your definition of toughness is exclusively in the realm of Probert and Kocur, then there are only six or seven guys in the history of the NHL that can be categorized as tough.

Tootoo knows how to give and take real haymakers, throws his body around chaotically and drives into people like a freight train. On top of all of that, he is comfortable with actually playing hockey, and can be known to contribute as well.

I'm looking forward to seeing this guy play, and I agree that he will surprise a lot of Wings' fans as well.

Guest The Axe

I love the Tootoo signing. He'll crash, he'll bang, he's pester, he'll piss off. He'll stand up for his team mates. He'll fight. How many other guys like that do we have?

None. I like Tootoo, but the Wings could use a jaw breaker. Tootoo just has heart.

Im just saying teams dont fear him and will still run our guys.

Maybe we should trade for a Vancouver Canuck that will stick up for teammates by biting dudes...? Maybe then they'll think twice about running our guys. Doesn't matter who you sign, there's always an idiot out there that'll run your guys no matter what team. Any guess as to why? Cause the instigator is there to make sure little punks don't get destroyed by angry motherf***ers that can police the game better than refs. Tootoo will be more effective when the NHL gets some balls and cans the instigator and returns respect to the game amongst players.

Im just saying teams dont fear him and will still run our guys.

I don't want to derail this thread (too much) but I don't think it matters who is iced if you're looking to prevent guys from getting run. The goons in the NHL are all high testosterone competitors and won't back down even if there is a tough guy out there wearing an opponent's jersey. I've seen Yzerman get run plenty of times while we had Probert and Kocur. Yes fights occurred afterward, but star players still took their licks.

Then there are smaller guys who run players looking for someone to drop the gloves so they get a power play out of it via the instigator.

Tootoo gives us chaos, and people will focus on him when he's out there, and not so much the game itself. He (much like any other NHLer) won't prevent Datsyuk or Zetterberg from taking a cheap shot, though.

Zetterberg got slammed and no retribution.

There was retribution. Bertuzzi fought Weber, he didn't win but he fought him. Winning against Weber is no easy task but he did have to account for it. So to say that there was no retribution is silly. Unless you think we should have run at some of their guys too?

Also: Zetterberg didn't "get run", and he missed zero minutes of zero games due to the obviously vicious nature of the attack.

Edited by kipwinger