• Please log in to reply
119 replies to this topic

#101 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

This... At some point in the cap world, you have to get significant contributions from young players either still on their entry level or second contract. The Wings have been able to hold off for nearly a decade on that front for the most part, but going into this next season (whenever it starts) it's pretty clear some of the youngsters are going to have to step up.

Given this, why would it be a bad thing moving Franzen or Filppula (plus, of course, a young gun or two and a high pick) for a top-flight defenseman? We have a surplus of forwards, a couple young guys in the mix (Nyquist, Abdelkader), and a whole lot of young talent coming down the pipeline (Tatar, Sheahan, Jurco et al.) It's a different situation on the back end; the womb is barren.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#102 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:04 PM

Best-case scenario, IMHO: we swing a not-entirely-outrageous trade for Yandle, and he persuades Doan to sign with us for not-entirely-outrageous coin & term. And "Uncle Gary" weeps.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#103 Hey man nice shot!

Hey man nice shot!

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 16 August 2012 - 05:42 PM

Best-case scenario, IMHO: we swing a not-entirely-outrageous trade for Yandle, and he persuades Doan to sign with us for not-entirely-outrageous coin & term. And "Uncle Gary" weeps.

Lol

#104 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

Given this, why would it be a bad thing moving Franzen or Filppula (plus, of course, a young gun or two and a high pick) for a top-flight defenseman? We have a surplus of forwards, a couple young guys in the mix (Nyquist, Abdelkader), and a whole lot of young talent coming down the pipeline (Tatar, Sheahan, Jurco et al.) It's a different situation on the back end; the womb is barren.

Not entirely...we just have better dmen drafted in the past few years aside from Smith, but aside from McKee and Lashoff we don't have many defensive dmen, mostly offensive....Almqvist, Sproul, Oulette, Smith and so on. But if you meant that none are ready to go other than Smith, then you sir are right.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#105 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,690 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 09:26 AM

Not entirely...we just have better dmen drafted in the past few years aside from Smith, but aside from McKee and Lashoff we don't have many defensive dmen, mostly offensive....Almqvist, Sproul, Oulette, Smith and so on. But if you meant that none are ready to go other than Smith, then you sir are right.

I'd call Sproul and Ouellet two way guys, they'eve shown they can be pretty defensively responsible thus far

#106 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:40 AM

I'd call Sproul and Ouellet two way guys, they'eve shown they can be pretty defensively responsible thus far

Sounds good. and the 2-way guys are very good to have. Kronwall fits that bill and i think in relatively quick time, Smith will as well. White would probalby fit that category as well. I can't wait to see those 2 in GR.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#107 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:44 PM

Sounds good. and the 2-way guys are very good to have. Kronwall fits that bill and i think in relatively quick time, Smith will as well. White would probalby fit that category as well. I can't wait to see those 2 in GR.

We better hope Smith and Kindl are what we expect.

#108 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

We better hope Smith and Kindl are what we expect.

If by that you mean Smith makes it up to #2 dman on the team and Kindl holds down that #6 spot and is productive, then i hope we don't have to sit on our hands while the NHL is locked out and we'll find out sooner if they're what we expect. Imagine if we have to sit here for 4+ more months wondering the same stuff while millionaires negotiate nice and slow.

#109 SwedeLundin77

SwedeLundin77

Over the Line!!!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:36 AM

Saw an interview with David Moss on tsn about the possiblity of a lockout, very well spoken and just forgot he was a Michigan boy.... wish we could add him to our bottom six... that is all.

#110 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 10:54 PM

If by that you mean Smith makes it up to #2 dman on the team and Kindl holds down that #6 spot and is productive, then i hope we don't have to sit on our hands while the NHL is locked out and we'll find out sooner if they're what we expect. Imagine if we have to sit here for 4+ more months wondering the same stuff while millionaires negotiate nice and slow.

Yah, that would be a drag.

#111 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:35 AM

I wish they could make a play at Heatley I read they might want to trade him. Thats what the red wings need is a sniper. They have so many playmakers and always have so many "almost" goals its amazing. Could seem like that since I watch the Red WIngs the most maybe.

#112 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:18 PM

Yep.

Imagine if we have to sit here for 4+ more months wondering the same stuff while millionaires negotiate nice and slow.

Occupy NHL?

Edited by Dabura, 21 August 2012 - 12:18 PM.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#113 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:32 PM

I wish they could make a play at Heatley I read they might want to trade him. Thats what the red wings need is a sniper. They have so many playmakers and always have so many "almost" goals its amazing. Could seem like that since I watch the Red WIngs the most maybe.

Heatley is a steadily declining arrogant butthole. He's like a boner that's going limp :cheesy:

Yep.

Occupy NHL?

By this you mean...?

#114 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,094 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:41 PM

We're gonna start a revolution.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#115 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:56 PM

We're gonna start a revolution.

I'm in.

#116 Krayzie_Bone

Krayzie_Bone

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 03:11 PM

Heatley is a steadily declining arrogant butthole. He's like a boner that's going limp :cheesy:

Yeah but he can score better than any current Wing.

#117 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 12:04 PM

:lol:
His 24 goals and 29 assists for 53 points last year in 82 games says otherwise. And he only got 64 points the year prior with 26 goals in 80 games.

So Franzen outscores him for goals, last year he got a whopping 3 more points than Hudler and in the past 2 seasons, hip point per game percentage is the same as Flips, who so many guys are willing to trade along with our top prospects for Ryan.

Heatley's value has plummeted.

#118 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 02:20 PM

:lol:
His 24 goals and 29 assists for 53 points last year in 82 games says otherwise. And he only got 64 points the year prior with 26 goals in 80 games.

So Franzen outscores him for goals, last year he got a whopping 3 more points than Hudler and in the past 2 seasons, hip point per game percentage is the same as Flips, who so many guys are willing to trade along with our top prospects for Ryan.

Heatley's value has plummeted.

He is not what he once was.

#119 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 25 August 2012 - 04:38 PM

You're kidding, right?

Occupy NHL?

The board of governors encompasses the 1%!

#120 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 26 August 2012 - 01:34 PM

He is not what he once was.

Though he remains a ****** :lol: there is no mistaking that.