• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Echolalia

Mezaros tears Achilles tendon

Rate this topic

The Flyers blue line takes a big hit in this injury. (link: http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=639281) Granted, the guy had a good deal of injury problems to work through last year, so the Flyers aren't entirely inexperienced in this area. Still, having Pronger and Mezaros out of the lineup, not to mention losing Matt Carle is not an appealing situation to be in.

What this means for us: The Flyers organization has not been shy in its attempts to bolster their defensive corps. With such precious few options available, this is likely to push Holmgrem to be even more aggressive. As the Detroit Red Wings are also in the market for a reliable defensman, I imagine prices are going to soar. I wouldn't be suprised to see a very strong package deal take Yandle to Philadelphia, even if its a vast overpayment. Holmgrem is a balls-to-the-wall GM. It will be interesting to see what comes of this.

Edited by Echolalia

This is similar to what happened to Ryan Howard in baseball, its gonna keep Meszaros sidelined for a while. It happened to Howard about 10 months ago and he's still feeling the effects and having mobility issues.

Tough on sports that use a lot of ankle movement, hockey turning skates and baseball shifting weight quickly. Could be a tough one long after he's recovered. I wouldn't be surprised to see the Flyers throw an offer out there for someone big, especially considering Weber fell through

This is similar to what happened to Ryan Howard in baseball, its gonna keep Meszaros sidelined for a while. It happened to Howard about 10 months ago and he's still feeling the effects and having mobility issues.

he is also a baseball player

You don't hear a lot of Achilles injuries in hockey (likely because of the stability of the boot), but I imagine that has to be a pain to come back from as a skater. Ryan Howard's a big guy and on the wrong side of 30, but that doesn't mean Mezaros won't also struggle. Too bad for him, good player.