• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 cmonster

cmonster

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 203 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:45 PM

I have been reading recently that the Pheonix Coyotes aren't the only team with financial woes. It seems as though the Devils are in a bit of a financial pickle as well.Could NJ be the trade partner the Wings have been looking for?

Det:

Franzen, Kindl, Emmerton, Tatar, a 1st and a 3rd

NJ:

Kovalchuk and Volchenkov and a 5th

Feel free to modify or suggest changes, but Detroit gets a bonafide top 6er to play with Datsyuk and #2/#3 Defensmen, and a throw in pick. NJ gets a top 6er at a lower cap hit a #5/#6 Defensemen in Kindl, a serviceable bottom 6 forward for cheap, a blue chip prospect, and 2 draft picks to restock. We can even make the picks for them if they want :) lol.

#2 number9

number9

All The Best Players Wear A 9

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,082 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 10:52 PM

I have been reading recently that the Pheonix Coyotes aren't the only team with financial woes. It seems as though the Devils are in a bit of a financial pickle as well.Could NJ be the trade partner the Wings have been looking for?

Det:

Franzen, Kindl, Emmerton, Tatar, a 1st and a 3rd

NJ:

Kovalchuk and Volchenkov and a 5th

Feel free to modify or suggest changes, but Detroit gets a bonafide top 6er to play with Datsyuk and #2/#3 Defensmen, and a throw in pick. NJ gets a top 6er at a lower cap hit a #5/#6 Defensemen in Kindl, a serviceable bottom 6 forward for cheap, a blue chip prospect, and 2 draft picks to restock. We can even make the picks for them if they want :) lol.

Kovy and Volchenkov both have no trade clauses. Plus Kovy has one of the those ridiculous contracts we don't want

Edited by number9, 07 August 2012 - 10:53 PM.

#3 St. Michael (the Red Wing)

St. Michael (the Red Wing)

Heavenly With the Puck

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,822 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:10 PM

New Jersey isn't moving Kovalchuk.

#4 martinezsvsu

martinezsvsu

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 546 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

love kovy, contract is way too retarded though

#5 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 05:16 AM

New Jersey isn't moving Kovalchuk.

Exactly, without Kovy that could well be it for NJ.

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life

#6 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:27 AM

I response to the title of this thread: there is nothing that can solve New Jersey's financial difficulties.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#7 ogreslayer

ogreslayer

Hall-of-Famer

• HoF Booster
  • 2,002 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 07:59 AM

Trading for Kovy & that contract? No.....just no.

And even if NJ would trade him & Kovy would waive his NTC, both very big If's, do you really think including anything short of Datsyuk or Zetterberg in that package would get it done? That's about as realistic as Kenny pulling off a trade for Crosby & Malkin by offering the Pens Emmerton, Kindl, & season's worth of free Little Ceasars. Bottom line, the NHL would step in & take over the team before the Devil's finances were in that much of dire straights where they would have to trade off their current franchise player for pennies on the dollar.

#8 joshy207

joshy207

Black Ace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,469 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 08:12 PM

Wow. No. Not in reality, not in NHL '13. That's a TERRIBLE return for New Jersey. Lamiorello isn't brain-dead.

#9 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,814 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:16 AM

Now with the Devils having financial woes the league should pull it's head outta it's a$$, and move the Yotes to Quebec City.

Just another reason why rival pro leagues look down on the NHL.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#10 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:12 AM

I'd bet that the league will allow them to move in a heartbeat. If they were a team that Gary had moved to the desert, the league would literally spend years trying to come up with some scenario - ANY scenario where they didn't move.
Do or do not. There is no try

#11 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,219 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 12:14 PM

One thing I don't get whatsoever... the Devils have won 3 stanley cups since 1995. How in the hell do they not have a cult following with that track record? Are the fans in NJ that terrible that they don't even support a winning product? and they just made it to the SCF and generated above average revenue last season and are still in the financial crapper...that's brutal.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#12 Wing Across The Pond

Wing Across The Pond

Gabriel's Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 744 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 05:38 PM

One thing I don't get whatsoever... the Devils have won 3 stanley cups since 1995. How in the hell do they not have a cult following with that track record? Are the fans in NJ that terrible that they don't even support a winning product? and they just made it to the SCF and generated above average revenue last season and are still in the financial crapper...that's brutal.

I guess it has nothing to do with success and everything to do with poor management/an owner not being able to put up as much cash as the organisation spends. Simply expenditure outweighs income. Which is a bad business model whichever way you look at it. The easiest way for them to become stable again is to have an internal cap, which will rock their chances for years. But I guess it's better than folding

Posted Image

Check out my blog -The Heid-Out- a cynical mans take on everyday life