• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
cmonster

New Jersey's Financial Woes

Rate this topic

I have been reading recently that the Pheonix Coyotes aren't the only team with financial woes. It seems as though the Devils are in a bit of a financial pickle as well.Could NJ be the trade partner the Wings have been looking for?

Det:

Franzen, Kindl, Emmerton, Tatar, a 1st and a 3rd

NJ:

Kovalchuk and Volchenkov and a 5th

Feel free to modify or suggest changes, but Detroit gets a bonafide top 6er to play with Datsyuk and #2/#3 Defensmen, and a throw in pick. NJ gets a top 6er at a lower cap hit a #5/#6 Defensemen in Kindl, a serviceable bottom 6 forward for cheap, a blue chip prospect, and 2 draft picks to restock. We can even make the picks for them if they want :) lol.

I have been reading recently that the Pheonix Coyotes aren't the only team with financial woes. It seems as though the Devils are in a bit of a financial pickle as well.Could NJ be the trade partner the Wings have been looking for?

Det:

Franzen, Kindl, Emmerton, Tatar, a 1st and a 3rd

NJ:

Kovalchuk and Volchenkov and a 5th

Feel free to modify or suggest changes, but Detroit gets a bonafide top 6er to play with Datsyuk and #2/#3 Defensmen, and a throw in pick. NJ gets a top 6er at a lower cap hit a #5/#6 Defensemen in Kindl, a serviceable bottom 6 forward for cheap, a blue chip prospect, and 2 draft picks to restock. We can even make the picks for them if they want :) lol.

Kovy and Volchenkov both have no trade clauses. Plus Kovy has one of the those ridiculous contracts we don't want

Edited by number9

Trading for Kovy & that contract? No.....just no.

And even if NJ would trade him & Kovy would waive his NTC, both very big If's, do you really think including anything short of Datsyuk or Zetterberg in that package would get it done? That's about as realistic as Kenny pulling off a trade for Crosby & Malkin by offering the Pens Emmerton, Kindl, & season's worth of free Little Ceasars. Bottom line, the NHL would step in & take over the team before the Devil's finances were in that much of dire straights where they would have to trade off their current franchise player for pennies on the dollar.

One thing I don't get whatsoever... the Devils have won 3 stanley cups since 1995. How in the hell do they not have a cult following with that track record? Are the fans in NJ that terrible that they don't even support a winning product? and they just made it to the SCF and generated above average revenue last season and are still in the financial crapper...that's brutal.

One thing I don't get whatsoever... the Devils have won 3 stanley cups since 1995. How in the hell do they not have a cult following with that track record? Are the fans in NJ that terrible that they don't even support a winning product? and they just made it to the SCF and generated above average revenue last season and are still in the financial crapper...that's brutal.

I guess it has nothing to do with success and everything to do with poor management/an owner not being able to put up as much cash as the organisation spends. Simply expenditure outweighs income. Which is a bad business model whichever way you look at it. The easiest way for them to become stable again is to have an internal cap, which will rock their chances for years. But I guess it's better than folding