• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MrBest7

Unforgettable Moments in Red Wing History

Rate this topic

I'm going to throw a somewhat obscure one out that I've never forgotten - 2002 Playoffs against Vancouver, those Vancouver teams with pre-suspension Bertuzzi were particularly dirty, so after Chelios had a great game and we won, he decided to do this after being named 1st star:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9V6Y7a9dbo

Awesome.

On a much less lighter note, one that I refuse to post the video of (but you can go find if you want to remember) was one I didn't see live because I was in grad school in Minnesota, but heard about afterwards - Fischer collapsing on the bench. Came absolutely out of nowhere in a somewhat non-descript regular season game. Absolutely terrifying television - glad I didn't see it live.

Edited by StormJH1

Yzerman's Double OT goal may be my favorite memory. It was the first year that I actively paid attention to hockey and my dad let me stay up for the entire game because it was my birthday by the time the game finally ended.

I remember fighting of sleep before finally erupting when Stevie Y buried it.

Guest irishock

Games that I've been to:

'02 game 3 center ice goal by Lidstrom-

'10 crazy game with Pavel/Bert scoring within 5 seconds, Zetterberg's buzzer beater goal

I think I saw that Shanahan/female fan thing one time, and then completely lost it from memory. Could you imagine VP of Player Safety Shanahan breaking down a fine/suspension in a video for his own infraction? Haha.

The Osgood/Roy fight was awesome too. I do remember watching at time and thinking "Yes, this is awesome, but awesome in a kind of overblown sequel to an action movie" sort of way. Still, while it was a fairly even fight (Osgood scoring points with the immediacy effect for the first few shots and the takedown at the end), it was impressive to see the much smaller Osgood stand up to him.

'02 game 3 center ice goal by Lidstrom-

'10 crazy game with Pavel/Bert scoring within 5 seconds, Zetterberg's buzzer beater goal

Yeah... Lidstrom had a history of doing things like that.

Zetterberg also...