• 6,199 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

Franzen - Datsyuk - Brunner
Filppula - Zetterberg - Samuelsson
Bertuzzi - Helm - Cleary
Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo/Eaves
Eaves/Tootoo, Nyquist

prolly

There's absolutely no point in Nyquist being the 15th forward when he's a top 6 guy. If that's the case then either he or Brunner will be 1st line in GR.

Franzen - Datsyuk - Brunner
Filppula - Zetterberg - Samuelsson
Bertuzzi - Helm - Cleary
Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo/Eaves
Eaves/Tootoo, Nyquist

prolly

There's absolutely no point in Nyquist being the 14th forward when he's a top 6 guy. If that's the case then either he or Brunner will be 1st line in GR.

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#102 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:24 PM

Nyquist will play with flips and z. 18 goals, 23 assists.

#103 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

Part 3: Return of the Hammer Hands

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 01:36 PM

My prediction was 18 and 34 for 52 pts. Let's hope there's a full season...

"I play hockey, but I am not very good.  Can someone please tell me what it would take to sign with the Wings ? I can use a million or two."  ~ arag

Dan Cleary is an Xbox 360.  While good for a while, it's time for the new generation to take over.

#104 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 03:40 PM

My prediction was 18 and 34 for 52 pts. Let's hope there's a full season...

That would be a great year. Im a little lower cuz i think pp points will be limited, as Sammy/Brunner will probably take left side and flips/Bert on right.

#105 robb himself

robb himself

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 621 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 04:05 PM

I predict that Nyquist and Brunner both hit 15-20 goals and Jurco gets a call up for at least 4 or 5 games.
be about it!

#106 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

There's absolutely no point in Nyquist being the 15th forward when he's a top 6 guy. If that's the case then either he or Brunner will be 1st line in GR.

I didn't put a lot of thought into it.

Here:

Nyquist - Datsyuk - Franzen
Filppula - Zetterberg - Brunner
Bertuzzi - Helm - Cleary
Miller - Abdelkader - Samuelsson
Eaves, Tootoo

I'm sure someone will have a problem with this one as well.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#107 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:55 PM

Here:

Bertuzzi - Helm - Cleary
Eaves, Tootoo

Nope. This is a likely scenario. I think 4 games in, it will be this though:

Filps-Dats-Nyquist
Brunner-Z-Franzen
Cleary-Helm-Bert
Abdelkader-Emmy-Tootoo

Miller- scratch
Eaves- hurt
Samuelsson- hurt

#108 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

He's a left wing. Not that this kinda thing is law or written in stone, but for a guy like Gus (playmaker, passer) ideally you use him on his natural wing. And Flip seems to work very well on Z's left.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#109 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:01 PM

He's a left wing. Not that this kinda thing is law or written in stone, but for a guy like Gus (playmaker, passer) ideally you use him on his natural wing. And Flip seems to work very well on Z's left.

You seem to know more than I do about that, so I will trust u.

#110 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,085 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:02 PM

Abdelkader/Emmerton/Tootoo over Miller/Abdelkader/Tootoo?

Objectivity, Cory. Objectivity.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#111 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 07:08 PM

Call him "Emmy" now that he's a regular.

#112 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 12:40 PM

That would be a great year. Im a little lower cuz i think pp points will be limited, as Sammy/Brunner will probably take left side and flips/Bert on right.

I'm banking on our top 6 still being the PP with Brunner and Gus included in that. I'm thinking that if Sammy's on the PP, he will be on the point and I don't see Bert taking the spot of a person that can contribute more on the PP at this stage of his career.

Here:

Bertuzzi - Helm - Cleary
Eaves, Tootoo

The only thing i may add to this is that i don't see Tootoo being paid $2mil to be a 13/14th guy. He should be on the 4th line for sure. I'm thinking that Miller will be a tweener like Meech used to be. A healthy Eaves could jam things up too. If we're gonna see the likes of Tatar, Sheahan, Andersson or especially Jurco, then probably 2 forwards need to be traded.

Axe...Emmy will not see a single game in a wings "outfit" this year.

#113 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 02:02 PM

I'm banking on our top 6 still being the PP with Brunner and Gus included in that. I'm thinking that if Sammy's on the PP, he will be on the point and I don't see Bert taking the spot of a person that can contribute more on the PP at this stage of his career.

The only thing i may add to this is that i don't see Tootoo being paid $2mil to be a 13/14th guy. He should be on the 4th line for sure. I'm thinking that Miller will be a tweener like Meech used to be. A healthy Eaves could jam things up too. If we're gonna see the likes of Tatar, Sheahan, Andersson or especially Jurco, then probably 2 forwards need to be traded.

Axe...Emmy will not see a single game in a wings "outfit" this year.

So wrong.

#114 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:23 PM

I know Babcock is high on Brunner, but I would still be very suprised to see him in a top-six spot right from the start. There's going to be a major adjustment period coming to the NHL and the Red Wings don't typically rush players into large roles. Lines change all the time, but here's my preference as of now:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Filppula - Zetterberg - Samuelsson (prefer a healthy Cleary more, but Sammy needs someone like Z)
Cleary - Helm - Eaves (will likely be Bertuzzi here; think Eaves meshes better with Helm)
Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo

No clue what to do with Bertuzzi -- I just know another season of Pavel playing with Franzen and Bert isn't the answer. I don't believe the Red Wings will actually scratch Bertuzzi, so Miller/Eaves rotating in and out of the lineup is probably a more realistic scenario. I honestly could do without both Bertuzzi and Samuelsson on the team altogether at this point.

Edited by GoWings1905, 21 August 2012 - 12:19 AM.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#115 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 11:45 PM

I know Babcock is high on Brunner, but I would still be very suprised to see him in a top-six spot right from the start. There's going to be a major adjustment period coming to the NHL and the Red Wings don't typically rush players into large roles. Lines change all the time, but here's my preference as of now:

Franzen - Datsyuk - Nyquist
Filppula - Zetterberg - Samuelsson (like a healthy Cleary more, but Sammy needs someone like Z)
Cleary - Helm - Eaves (will likely be Bertuzzi here; think Eaves meshes better with Helm)
Miller - Abdelkader - Tootoo

No clue what to do with Bertuzzi -- I just know another season of Pavel playing with Franzen and Bert isn't the answer. I don't believe the Red Wings will actually scratch Bertuzzi, so Miller/Eaves rotating in and out of the lineup is probably a more realistic scenario. I honestly could do without both Bertuzzi and Samuelsson on the team altogether at this point.

What about Emmerton?

#116 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,267 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:11 AM

What about Emmerton?

I'm sure he will look excellent on some other team's lines thread as a 4th line center.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#117 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 08:34 AM

So wrong.

No way Emmy, 2 forwards need to be traded :lol:

#118 cnot19

cnot19

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 10:27 AM

Call him "Emmy" now that he's a regular.

I'll call him Emmy because he's so soft and useless out there
Get me a real fourth line Kenny!

#119 The Axe

The Axe

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 11:29 AM

Emmy played 71 games. Thats a regular.

#120 Z Winged Dangler

Z Winged Dangler

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,199 posts

Posted 21 August 2012 - 12:35 PM

Emmy played 71 games. Thats a regular.

When we didn't have a logjam at forward, and with the rash of injuries last year all our forwards aside from Z who played all 82 averaged 71 or less games last year. The only way "Emmy" is in is if 4-5 other fwds are hurt.

I'm starting to believe that the biggest surprise this season is that we'll have to wait until next season to find out.