• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest irishock

Your 5 past Red Wings series that you wouldn't re-watch?

Rate this topic

1. '09 of course; I watched the highlights of Game 7 once but I cannot watch any of the Pens celebrating afterwards, esp. Crosby that hand-shake line snubbing jerk

2. '96- only the 2nd playoff series I had seen at that point, couldn't believe we got shutout in Game 2, then later realizing how the record-setting regular season had been all for naught

3. '07- if we'd had Kronwall and Schneider for that series we woulda beat those a-holes, and if we had I'm confident we also would have beaten the Sens for the Cup; also, f#!* Chris Pronger

4. '99- as mentioned before, started off so well winning the first 2 games on the road, then the wheels completely fell off in Game 3 and it was all a horrible nightmare after that

5. '03- have never watched highlights from that series because we had none, it was all Giguere

honorable mention- '06- such a strong regular season that was suddenly snuffed out so quickly; also, f#!* Chris Pronger

agreed. osgood was our best player by far in that series.

if wings win the cup, osgood most likely gets the conn smythe, a 4th stanley cup and would most likely be a shoo in for the hall of fame

Other than the non suspension to Malkin and refs missing 6 Pens on the ice for 20+ seconds in Game 6 (was the fix in?), the thing that bugs me the most about that loss is that Osgood didn't get his due.

Guest The Axe

I hate even thinking about 95 vs Devils. Paul Coffey was so bad, and him lying on the ice while the Devils scored is forever etched in my brain.

I'd have to agree with the 1st rounds of 1993 and 1994, the 1995 final, and the 1996 WCF as the toughest to watch again. At least after 1997 and 1998 playoff loses have been easier to take. I think since post back to back Cups, 2003 and 2006 top the list as don't watch.

2012, I only watched Games 2 and 3, so I can't really include that series, because I was so pissed at the non suspension to Weber. I figured Bettman wanted Nashville to win and was fixing games again like he did in the 2009 Final and the 2010 series against SJ when the League allowed the Sharks to dive without any penalty calls, and I didn't want to give that little weasel my TV ratings.